Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hot Lotto to add another state in Nov.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which MUSL member is next to join HL?

Maine [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Rhode Island [ 1 ]  [5.56%]
Connecticut [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Delaware [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
North Carolina [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
South Carolina [ 2 ]  [11.11%]
Tennessee [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
Louisiana [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Oklahoma [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
Somewhere else [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2006, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanx chuck32 for the info. I have a feeling it will be a fairly new MUSL member.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
    Member #12618
    March 18, 2005
    2060 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2006, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I would love for Idaho to join Hot Lotto.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: August 9, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

That would be nice...but you once had an in-state 5/32 game called Hot Lotto. MUSL should have come up with a different name, which probably explains why Idaho doesn't sell it.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

This is a tough one. I voted for Delaware, but I have a feeling it might also be South Carolina because they said they were contemplating an "in-state game that offers millions". Of course Hot Lotto isn't an in-state game so that might put that to bed. In all honesty I really don't know.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2006, 1:19 am - IP Logged

I'm guessing Rhode Island.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2006, 9:39 am - IP Logged

The Rhode Island Lottery has new personnel I believe. RI is part of the new MUSL Ca$hola, so maybe they've been taking a close look at MUSL's offerings. Why RI doesn't offer HL is a mystery, as not only RI doesn't have a "classic" lotto game, but RI also borders MA, whose Megabucks is still annuity-only. HL would be a good alternative for MA Megabucks.

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2006, 10:53 am - IP Logged

It would not surprise me at all if it were Delaware. The Multi-Win Lotto isn't really doing anything for them at all. Keep in mind that most people in Delaware and easily drive to Maryland and play their game for no less than 10x what Delaware's pays, not to mention PA's Match 6.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2006, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

To me it would be a surprise if Delaware is the next Hot Lotto state.

Maryland's game is annuitized; PA Match 6 is all-cash.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: September 11, 2006, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

While we are speculating on the next HL state (don't forget that Powerball is played in the US Virgin Islands), the jackpot has climbed to over $8 million. I will be playing HL next month in DC, on the way to Florida.

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2006, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion Win For Life beats Hot lotto , except that it needs some minor tweak/repair on the lower prizes payouts (specially below the 3rd and 4th prizes)....Win for Life may pay less than hot lotto but is better...Even if hot lotto pays a little more it is still not better than Win For Life..That's what they ought to have up north...Problem with Hot lotto is that they need to pay more for the 5/5 all the way down to 3/5 and you have several states playing it, is not worth because only 1 winner is selected from the comglomerate of states, while each state can have Win for Life and have 1 winner for each state...For hot lotto the 3/5 i think should pay "at least" 10 dollars...|I particularly don't like the 4/5 that pays 50 dollars..That's an insult righ there...But for payouts i think they go by percentages or knowledge of existing wheels...Something like 1% of the odds for that particular tier/payout determines the actual payout....And the good think is that states don't have to join the Win For Life lotto like they do with Hot lotto, each game has its own Win For life lotto....Plus the second prize of Win for Life pays way more than the second prize of Hot lotto...

"..If you think about it, the stock market and taxes are a form of lottery..."

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Just over 10 years ago, GA had Powerball. If GA did not switch to the then-new Big Game (GA briefly had both BG and PB) it might still be part of MUSL, and could now be offering HL instead of Lose for Life.

I will be playing $4 of HL next month in DC, but not playing Lose for Life even in VA, since its 520k cash option is less than 675 weeks' worth of payments. (Canadian "life" games ALWAYS give players a choice of $1000-a-week, or $675,000 lump sum. BTW annuity prizes are taxable even in Canada-the prize itself is tax-free, but the INTEREST is not.)

I don't see Rhode Island getting HL this year if ever. They have a Keno-like game called Hot Trax. DC had a game called Hot Five when HL came to the nation's capital; it's now Rolling Cash 5 like in Ohio.

Delaware
                        United States
                        Member #30273
                        January 14, 2006
                        494 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2006, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Just over 10 years ago, GA had Powerball. If GA did not switch to the then-new Big Game (GA briefly had both BG and PB) it might still be part of MUSL, and could now be offering HL instead of Lose for Life.

I will be playing $4 of HL next month in DC, but not playing Lose for Life even in VA, since its 520k cash option is less than 675 weeks' worth of payments. (Canadian "life" games ALWAYS give players a choice of $1000-a-week, or $675,000 lump sum. BTW annuity prizes are taxable even in Canada-the prize itself is tax-free, but the INTEREST is not.)

I don't see Rhode Island getting HL this year if ever. They have a Keno-like game called Hot Trax. DC had a game called Hot Five when HL came to the nation's capital; it's now Rolling Cash 5 like in Ohio.

Hot Trax got dumped by Rhode Island.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I just went to the Rhode Island website, and it said the game ended last month. It also said look for a new game...could Rhode Island be the next Hot Lotto state?

Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #30273
                            January 14, 2006
                            494 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2006, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I just went to the Rhode Island website, and it said the game ended last month. It also said look for a new game...could Rhode Island be the next Hot Lotto state?

Quite possibly. However, Hot Traxx was more along the lines of a Keno-style game than a jackpot-style game. I'm guessing Hot Trax wasn't very popular. Too bad I never got to play it. I was curious about it.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2006, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Quite possibly. However, Hot Traxx was more along the lines of a Keno-style game than a jackpot-style game. I'm guessing Hot Trax wasn't very popular. Too bad I never got to play it. I was curious about it.

Next month is November, and we still don't know where HL is popping up next.

I see that Maryland now has a horse-racing game in the style of HotTrax. Maryland, home of the Preakness, is noted for horse racing.