Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Could Criss Angel win Powerball??

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 10 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Have anyone of you heard of Criss Angel? I know that magic is not real but some of the things i see this guy do on Tv really has me thinking..I mean they show it on tv, and they tell you that some of the things he does is illusion and some of it is reality...I see this guy walk down the walls of a building upright, bury himself with chains on and stuff, literally pass through glass, etc....I just saw that on the next episode he is going to try and predict the positions of the cars in Nascar as they swing by the finish line, (which some say is impossible to do) for example: 4=1st, 10=second, and so forth, 18=6th and so fort, which got me thinking..If he can do that do you think he is going to take it to the NEXT STEP, and attempt to predict the Powerball with 1 combination : ) LOL...

That stunt will really wake me up and make me think that he's the hybrid son of an Alien and a human...If he can do that my next statement is: "This dude need to be stopped"...

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3047 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2006, 12:20 am - IP Logged

I have seen this magician before and he does do crazy things like other magicians such as David Blaine.  But I think if he wanted to win the powerball he should go and get a QP and wait for his numbers to show up.  Besides I am sure he is of legal age to play lottery and he has been a magician for awhile.  Their have been plenty of jackpots he could of tried to win.-weshar75

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2006, 1:17 am - IP Logged

pumpi76

If he could 'conjure up' the winning Powerball ticket would he be performing on stage with all that's involved with that? 

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: August 10, 2006, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Coin toss,

I know you were going to say that but why try and predict the winning of nascar cars? is a random phenomena too..Also there are magicians that money to them don't matter, they are seeking recognition and fame...Also, i think this guy does the thing he does to prove it can be done, because no matter how much they pay me, i WILL NOT burry myself in a coffin beneath the ground/soil with hand cuffs, and chains, no matter how much money they gave me...

"..Those eyes.....     they dissappeared..."        from movie "Predator 1"

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: August 10, 2006, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Criss is a talented magician / illusionist and I'm sure he is well paid.

He doesn't need a lottery jackpot......

DD

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: August 10, 2006, 8:19 am - IP Logged

lol Maybe he can just buy a quick pick and make the ball machine numbers match his using magic.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: August 10, 2006, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Criss Angel got to be making more than 12 million a year(Powerball payout)...The stuff that he does and comes on Tv?He's got to..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: August 10, 2006, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Criss Angel got to be making more than 12 million a year(Powerball payout)...The stuff that he does and comes on Tv?He's got to..

There are several PowerBall winners that will make more than $12M this year also.  I've never heard of Criss Angel, but had he won the PB jackpot more than once, I would probably know him.  A lot of people know of Jack Whittaker and he only won it once.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: August 10, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I've heard of 2 people who won the lottery twice...I think it was massachussets, where a person won the pick6 twice...There was also another person from England that won the lottery over there and then traveled to Brazil and won it there too...

I think i might have heard of a guy that won it twice but don't know where he is from, but i do know that his next step was to go to kentucky and bet on horses....

"..For the glory of Rome..."

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: August 10, 2006, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

There are several PowerBall winners that will make more than $12M this year also.  I've never heard of Criss Angel, but had he won the PB jackpot more than once, I would probably know him.  A lot of people know of Jack Whittaker and he only won it once.

Here is Criss Angel...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/50822/criss_angel_deja_vu

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/145550/criss_angel_levitates/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/152624/criss_angel_and_half_a_woman/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/34020/levitation/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/151236/criss_angel_walks_on_water/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/94201/wall_walker/

United States
                      Member #2460
                      October 7, 2003
                      766 Posts
                      Posted: August 10, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Prediction of events, lottery or not, that is very interesting, I could right quite some, quoting the pick 3 lottery, on that.

I could start a thread on it, but I have given the state lotteries too much rope already and they are hanging me with it.

People who needed to learn didn't, but the states' lotteries did learn for sure.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
                      Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                        A long and winding road
                        United States
                        Member #17084
                        June 10, 2005
                        4525 Posts
                        Posted: August 10, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Since the original question was *COULD* he win. Sure! and so *COULD* I. The difference is being in the right place with the right numbers with the right amount of play money! I think as a lady I can make money disappear real quick at a shoe outlet :) but that doesnt make me a magician, just a fool about shoes!

Chris is an amazing artist and I agree that he is more about the notoriety and creating that human interest in the mystery of things then he is about the money! I commend persons who enjoy what they do and some how get to share that joy with others.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: August 11, 2006, 12:09 am - IP Logged

"I could start a thread on it, but I have given the state lotteries too much rope already and they are hanging me with it."

EXCALIBUR,

Are you saying something you posted in a thread at LP gave state lotteries an advantage over players like yourself that they didn't have before?  Since the states already know it would you mind reposting the information for those of us who missed it the first time?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: August 11, 2006, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Pumpi, I hope the lottery is a game of chance and the drawings are random. If this holds true, then a magician can't have any better odds of winning than we do.  Illusionists are entertainers who use physics, light and quick movements to amaze onlookers. It takes a lot of practice, talent and slight of hand. Chance can't possibly fall into their acts. They need to be very precise or the game's over.

BTW, nobody can pass through a pane of glass. The only thing that passes through glass without breaking it is light.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: August 11, 2006, 12:36 am - IP Logged

I could ALMOST Guarantee you that if you give me between $180 and $360 PER DRAWING NIGHT, I could win at least the PB Pick 5 in 3 months, maybe even 2.  However, the red ball: that damned thing just escapes me almost every time.

I pick my numbers based on a theory I can afford (I'm bound and determined not to go over $12 MAX per drawing, and I usually play just $6 or $9), it may take a longshot to win it, but it's ALL a longshot, if it wasn't, the pot would be won every single night.