Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another two time winner in less than 3 months

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ScratcherBoy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coastal Georgia
United States
Member #2653
October 30, 2003
1866 Posts
Posted: August 10, 2006, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I can't win one time, much less twice ....Unhappy

Congrats to Mr. Fleck !!

ATLANTA – A lucky Georgia Lottery player from Loganville has won a brand-new car just three months after winning $50,000. Elliott Fleck recently played the instant game Corvette Cash and won a brand-new Chevrolet Corvette Convertible. In May 2006, he played the instant game $200 Million Cash Spectacular and won $50,000.

According to Fleck, he purchased the Corvette Cash ticket after spending a week in Virginia with his brother-in-law, who owns a Corvette. He enjoyed riding around in his brother-in-law’s Corvette so much that he wanted one for himself.

Jimmy Kool’s, located at 1801 Rock Chapel Rd. in Lithonia, sold the lucky ticket.

Fleck scratched his ticket outside the store and discovered he won a Corvette. “I went in the store and told everyone I won the car,” he says.

DD

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3047 Posts
    Posted: August 10, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Some people just have the luck with the scratch-its.  I know that I am not one of them though.  I have not faired well with the scratch-its lately.-weshar75

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2006, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Some people just have the luck with the scratch-its.  I know that I am not one of them though.  I have not faired well with the scratch-its lately.-weshar75

Same here Weshar. I not that lucky when it comes to scratch-offs either.

Dance like no one is watching.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2006, 2:11 am - IP Logged

I once bought a few scratch tickets and didn't win anything, so I never bought one again. I like my dollar to last at least a few hours!  Seriously, I think it's great when people win. I saw a man win $10,000 at Publix and he told me he's won a lot in the past. Then I looked at the pile of tickets he bought, some of them $20 each, and realized he's been spending a heck of a lot of money every day. He told me he hasn't had to use "his own money" since he's so far ahead and uses his winnings to buy more tickets. It only takes one decent win for most people to break even. If I won $10,000 ($7,500 after taxes deducted) I wonder if I'd play more than I do I.  Maybe.

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          699 Posts
          Posted: September 2, 2006, 9:24 am - IP Logged

This guy is sure lucky, wish I was<grin>.

I occasionally play scratch offs, winning a few dollars here and there, with the best being $25 on one ticket.  I did once win $100 on the now defunct Powerball Instant Millionaire TV show ticket on the second chance drawing after sending it in.

Louisiana now has a poker themed ticket with a second chance drawing for a chance to go to a big poker tournament in Vegas and I've played a couple of those and sent them in.  Who knows, these second chance drawings might be the ones.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United States
            Member #45031
            August 13, 2006
            29 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2006, 10:29 pm - IP Logged