Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

number choice typo

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

If you are buying your tickets, and you discover you wrote down a wrong number, do you:

Fix the number and play your original choices [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
Play the error choice [ 9 ]  [40.91%]
Play both choices in different games [ 11 ]  [50.00%]
Discard the ticket altogether and skip it [ 1 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 22 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: August 12, 2006, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm just curious how many folks would play the error selection, or change it to the correct number and play it, or play both.

I usually play my errors. 

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
    Member #12618
    March 18, 2005
    2060 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2006, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe I've had an error on any of my tickets, but if I did I would probably buy both tickets. Unless I had a chance to fix it before they scan it then I wouldn't purchase the error ticket.

Dance like no one is watching.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2006, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

The older I get, the shorter my arms!  They need to make large print cards for seniors. LOL

Anyway, yes it's happened to me and I will then blow an extra buck by playing both the incorrect and the intended picks. Superstition I suppose.  I've also had a couple of experiences where the clerk runs the wrong numbers, even with my cards. 2 weeks ago a cashier at Publix hit 3 QPs. I added 2 QPs to my personal plays as "an extra treat" because the jackpot was $30 million. When she asked for $7 instead of $6 I knew something was wrong. Later I wished I had paid for the extra ticket. Nobody hit that week and the next draw a lady in West Palm won $40 million. I know it's silly, but I kept wondering if the ticket that was cancelled could have been the lucky one, since almost every big win here is with a QP.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Glad you asked....LOL

I'd definitely play both because of a win about 4 years ago, in the p-3.

Only 500 bucks, but came at a very crucial moment.

I'll never forget that number. I was at a 7-11 and marked the betslip with the numbers 740, when I meant to fill in 743. Sure enough, 740 came out, and it was such a great feeling because I really needed the money at that particular time.

I've been hooked ever since....

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Portland,Oregon
          United States
          Member #14387
          April 25, 2005
          229 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2006, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I'd play both my original choice and the error on the same game.  A couple of months ago I went into my favorite store to buy my tickets and my favorite employee at the store was upset. Seems some guy had asked for $20 worth of tickets then said she hadn't done them they way he wanted - he wanted powerplay or did not want powerplay I can't remember which. Anyway he walked out without paying for the tickets - so I said I'd buy them .... and won $300!

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10345 Posts
            Posted: September 13, 2006, 1:27 am - IP Logged

When that happens I always play the typo for sure, figuring it's some kind of sign, and usually go the other buck like justxploring said, and play that, too. Of course, it hasn't worked yet.

We had a guy in Las Vegas that played all the 6's on an 8-spot, but the writer marked all the 8's by mistake - they hit and he won $50,000, I'm not kidding.