Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois lottery is unpredictable

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Bahamas
Member #44107
July 30, 2006
252 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2006, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Ever since Illinois lottery came up with this green ball, I am finding it harder and harder to follow there numbers. Sometimes I feel like I am sure I am going to win and they just switch up there numbers on me. I really need to make a hit.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5145 Posts
    Posted: August 13, 2006, 1:56 am - IP Logged

Ever since Illinois lottery came up with this green ball, I am finding it harder and harder to follow there numbers. Sometimes I feel like I am sure I am going to win and they just switch up there numbers on me. I really need to make a hit.

optimisticxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can.............................................................................KKKANNNNN

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu

(or) ANYONE_____________EXPLAIN???????(please)?????????????

WHat----UUUUUUUUUUUU----------TONKIN-BOUT!!!!!!

lol

PSYKOMO 

United States
      Member #31636
      February 1, 2006
      256 Posts
      Posted: August 13, 2006, 2:40 am - IP Logged

When you play Pick 3, watch for the Green Ball Double Draw! One green ball, two chances to win!

For every Pick 3 drawing from August 1 though August 31, the Illinois Lottery will hold a special Promotional Drawing with white and green balls. If the green ball is selected, the Lottery will hold a second Pick 3 drawing and will pay out on both sets of numbers!

How it Works: Beginning with the August 1 Midday Pick 3 drawing, a Promotional Drawing will be held immediately after the regular Pick 3 Drawing, and will be broadcast on WGN-TV and reported by WBBM Radio (780 AM). Nine white balls and one green ball will be placed in a drawing machine, and one ball will be selected. If the green ball is selected, a second Pick 3 drawing will be held and the Lottery will pay out on both sets of numbers! If a white ball is selected, there is no second Pick 3 drawing; however, the selected white ball will not be included in the next Promotional Drawing. Removal of the white balls will continue until the green ball is selected during a future Promotional Drawing, at which point the process starts over with nine white balls and one green ball.

This promotion applies only to the Pick 3 game (not to Pick 4).

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2006, 3:23 am - IP Logged

The Lottery is unpredictable? You could've knocked me over with a feather.

(insert signature here)

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2006, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

lol JimmySand9.

Anyways, lotterys are basically suppose to be unpredictable. Otherwise more people would be winning. However, changes to the game like adding more balls just make it harder to hit.

Dance like no one is watching.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2006, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

bellyache

Ah, how does having two sets of numbers (Pick 3) instead of one for the same price make it "harder" to hit?

Read Tinker's post above explaining how it works. 

It's a Pick 3 promo that the Illinois Lottery does ever so often, if I remember right the Green Ball Double Draw started as a St Patrick's Day promo for the month of March.  

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2006, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

bellyache

Ah, how does having two sets of numbers (Pick 3) instead of one for the same price make it "harder" to hit?

Read Tinker's post above explaining how it works. 

It's a Pick 3 promo that the Illinois Lottery does ever so often, if I remember right the Green Ball Double Draw started as a St Patrick's Day promo for the month of March.  

Coin Toss, I was talking about lottery games in general being hard to predict. But obviously I misread her post about the Illinois game.

Dance like no one is watching.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10392 Posts
                Posted: August 13, 2006, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

A lottery game that is easy to predict would be a dream come true for all of us here. But it just wouldn't be available to play for long at all, darn it.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2006, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

The green ball double draw is very popular in IL.  It started as a month-long Christmas promotion in 2004.  It was successful enough that they have started having another month of it in the middle of the year. 

In the case of this current promotion, the ballsets were changed at the time the promotion started.  I don't usually pay any attention to ballset changes, but the numbers have been very difficult to predict since this promotion started 8/1.  Other IL players have noticed this too. 

I believe that the promotion is being tied to ballset changes.  Something to watch out for if you're into ballset changes. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).