Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When bonus ball shares a number with white ball

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2006, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

A year or two ago I asked about this issue and didn't get any response.  At the time I had no idea whether there was any way to predict the phenomenon.

Today I know a way, though I haven't done a lot of back testing on it, it seems to get within a few draws of predicting a double number.  However, it's a cumbersome process.

If any of you have a way of doing this you aren't satisfied with because of the margin of accuracy, the difficulty in the process, any reason, and you'd care to have a different method as a double check, I'd be willing to swap methods.

I'll do so on condition that I won't share the method you provide with anyone, and I'll expect the same of you.

PM me if you've got something and we'll make sure we aren't using the same method before we bother with too much dialogue.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

For those who haven't interested yourselves in bonus ball behavior to the extent of trying to figure them out, there should be a series of bonus ball double-takes over the next 10-12 draws on PB.  Maybe as many as six, probably no fewer than four.

I can see from the prediction board that at least three other predictors are getting awfully good at predicting bonus balls.  If you are one of those, give some thought to playing your bonus ball number as a white, as well.

Just a suggestion.

J

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19821 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2006, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Since their last matrix change PowerBall had 5 of 97 drawings where the PB# was the same as a WB# and MegaMillions had 9 of 120 drawings where the MB# was the same as a WB#. 

I usually pick my bonus balls numbers using a repeatability count for the first 6 and their skip intervals for the rest depending on the numbers of lines I plan to play.  I put them with a combination that has the best *mix count regardless of the numbers in the combinations.  For MegaMillions I use the mix count of the last 444 drawings which started when MM changed its name from BigGame and for PowerBall I use the last 401 drawings which started two matrix changes back.

*mix count is the most frequent number of times a bonus ball appeared with numbers in past drawings.  For MM it's 3-6 right now for most numbers except #25, but that will change as I accumulate more history or the matrix changes. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19821 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2006, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Tonight's PowerBall drawing changes  that 5 of 97 to 6 of 98 drawings that the PB# has been the same as a WB#.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2006, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Tonight's PowerBall drawing changes  that 5 of 97 to 6 of 98 drawings that the PB# has been the same as a WB#.

I'd look for at least three more within the next ten draws, possibly as many as five more within twelve draws

Egos don't count.