Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rating the Lottery Post

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Koda3535.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Rate your experience at the LP

I win more money [ 20 ]  [58.82%]
I'm losing more money [ 10 ]  [29.41%]
Quick Picks are better [ 4 ]  [11.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2006, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Hi,

What is the value of the lottery post in terms of money?

Are you winning more money from the ideas you've found at the lottery post?

Are you losing more money from trying some the hairbrained schemes posted here?

Or do you think you would be just as well off by just playing quick picks?

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2006, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I'd call what it's been in the past invaluable from the perspective of playing the lottery in ways other than buying Quick Picks.

I haven't won any money at all from ideas I've found at LP, but I've been able to develop ideas of my own through using tools found here under the Premium Membership features.  I've won a middling amount of money as a result of that process and see no reason to believe I won't win more in the future. 

LP's been indirectly responsible in the sense I would have had no idea how to proceed without those tools.

I prefer losing money, or winniing it, following my own hairbrained schemes.

I do believe there are a few threads going at the moment that will win money for some people as the ideas develop.  There's also value in the threads occasionally in exchanges of software information, such as my having learned of UltraEdit from a thread here.

But I'd class the forums as mainly amusement, the tools for Premium Members as excellent. 

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
      Member #27050
      November 26, 2005
      40272 Posts
      Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I would rank the value of a Platinum membership as being "HIGH".  The old addage, "Time is money" comes into play here.  The resources availabe at LP, at the very least, save TONS of time in evaluating numbers.  Whether you're a fan of vtracs or not (I am!), what used to take hours, is now at your fingertips in the time it takes to execute a few keystrokes.  When the vtrac search tool is available soon (hope you're reading this Todd!!), things will get even easier.  The deflation and inspection tools are also extremely helpful. 

In the relatively short time I've been involved in playing this game, I've come to learn that everyone "falls" into their own style of play.... i.e., what works for them.  The Lottery Post helps players find that little niche.  I find many of the posts here eductional and enlightening, offering new (and sometimes not so new) ways to look at the game.

Only YOU can determine whether a "scheme" is hairbrained.  It's your money afterall.  Chose your plays wisely!!

I don't believe in QPs.... just my style.....I prefer to win or lose money on numbers I believe will come. 

Lep

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I agree, the vtracs search engine will help out a lot.  I did not forget!  It's just going to take some real effort, so I have to do it when I get a good amount of time to devote.  Hopefully not too much longer, but in any case, I am not forgetting about it, I just haven't had the time.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
          Detroit, MI
          United States
          Member #43946
          July 27, 2006
          365 Posts
          Posted: August 18, 2006, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

i agree with calebs, I have a personal playing style that I swear to because it just works 100 % of the time for me...I don't post numbers expecting people to play them because some people play their own numbers anyway that just works for them. Sure they may take a few of your numbers to play but still they are playing what the feel will most likely come out, not really what you feel will come out..., I'd like to think that I post "ideas" instead of numbers. This is a great place for Idea's for people who are a little lost in the game or want to play catch up until they get on their own feet.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
            Member #12618
            March 18, 2005
            2060 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2006, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I think it's very helpful

I've won about the same.

No, because I don't try any hairbrained schemes.

I think I have a better chance choosing my own numbers.

Dance like no one is watching.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I wish 'winning the same' was an option here.

I don't employ other peoples' numbers, that's for sure, but it's interesting to see SOME of the theories on here, even though I

don't incorporate them into my own theories. 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8790 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

They all need to be dry run first.
                Fictional plays from the system with fictional bets.
                See what you have after your test period.

WHATT

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2006, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm doing just about the same as before, that is, not winning anything!  However, if I were to lose money on some of the so-called "hairbrained schemes" posted, I would not blame my losses on LP. I'd blame it on my own curiosity and willingness to take chances. If you blame someone or something for losing, then you equally have to credit him/it for winning.   LP has a lot of useful information  and it's a way to meet some interesting characters without ever having to invite them to dinner, like a virtual dysfunctional family.

CSenior's avatar - 2016 03_10_19_01_18.png
                    Florida
                    United States
                    Member #30348
                    January 15, 2006
                    2009 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2006, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I'm doing just about the same as before, that is, not winning anything!  However, if I were to lose money on some of the so-called "hairbrained schemes" posted, I would not blame my losses on LP. I'd blame it on my own curiosity and willingness to take chances. If you blame someone or something for losing, then you equally have to credit him/it for winning.   LP has a lot of useful information  and it's a way to meet some interesting characters without ever having to invite them to dinner, like a virtual dysfunctional family.

Nicely put! Now pass the tater tots!

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                      Norfolk , Va
                      United States
                      Member #4541
                      May 2, 2004
                      25095 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2006, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I've learned alot from the folks here at LP. Without that learning I wouldnt win as much as I do at times. To me LP is where my learning started. Thanks to Todd and all of you that has helped me in the past.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Amarillo/Austin
                        United States
                        Member #1424
                        April 25, 2003
                        696 Posts
                        Posted: August 19, 2006, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Reading Lottery Post is some of the best entertainment around.  It is fun to watch people chase numbers and fall of hare-brained schemes.  A series of cautionary tales.  Something new every day.

Orangeman                  Cool

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2006, 1:11 am - IP Logged

I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice for a neutral position regarding the extra money won, however, one of my favorite aspects of this site, has to do with the great people here, willing to help, whether it's just in a general way or something more detailed, like back testing ideas. They are not just good people, but save me a great deal of pencil and paper time, and effort.

Thanks to the folks who make it happen.

Of course, none of this would even exist without Todd.......

Thanks.....

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: August 19, 2006, 7:31 am - IP Logged

the platinum membership is definitely worth it.i always study the past results and make my bets accordingly.can't argue with thousands won......

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10345 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2006, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Gee, I never thought of the value of a discussion board "in terms of money".  

I have learned a few things here about methods of number selections, especially Pick 3 (and since have hit one Pick 3 straight box- but that was off of a misread horoscope! lol).

Along with that though I've learned I would never play like some of the "heavy hitters" here. There's been posts about wheeling numbers "across all states" and shelling out $1900 to win $2300 or so. That's not for me, and I'd say not for most people.

Also, since I've been here (was invitee by a member- thanks) I got curious and did a search for "lottery + discussion board and must say this one is definitely far better than what that search produced. Most of the hits were nothing but one person after another peddling a system.