Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall Best and Worst Nominations

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2006, 4:03 am - IP Logged

For the August 23, 2006 PowerBall drawing, my nominations are as follows:

Thumbs UpBest White Ball: 20 - This number is a slightly below average performer that's been hitting with some regularity. It should be ready to make an appearance.

Thumbs DownWorst White Ball: 21 - This may be considered a lucky number, but it hasn't shown up in a while...a long while. There's no reason to think it will hit this drawing.

Thumbs UpBest Red PowerBall: 34 - This is an average performer that's warmed up lately. I like its recency factor.

Thumbs DownWorst Red PowerBall: 14 - This number is way above average in frequency. It's pretty well cooked itself and gone cold.

Anybody else care to put it on the line by singling out the best and worst balls for this game? Don't forget to include an explanation with your nominations.

Getting two out of four right shouldn't be too hard. Getting three or four right might indicate that you've got some skills. The proof will be in the drawing.

Good luck,

aye'

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2006, 6:12 am - IP Logged

My nomination for worst numbers in August are all of the numbers I played.

Horrible month I had !!!  Bang Head

DD

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

ayenowitall, I agree with tthe first three nominatees except for worst red powerball. I say PB 40 is the worst red powerball.

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2006, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

ayenowitall, I agree with tthe first three nominatees except for worst red powerball. I say PB 40 is the worst red powerball.

Out of 55/42 balls, you came up with exactly the same numbers as I did for the first three nominations? That's amazing! Did you really do your homework? Why do you agree with those numbers? And why do you say that 40 is the worst red PowerBall number? I'm actually looking for some original thinking and well-considered selections here. Would you care to try again?

aye'

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2006, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

My nomination for worst numbers in August are all of the numbers I played.

Horrible month I had !!!  Bang Head

DD

DoubleDown,

We're all pretty good at picking a lot of bad numbers. What I'm looking for here is a single number selection for each of the four categories along with a rationale for those selections.

aye'

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: August 22, 2006, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Just because a WB number has not hit in the longest time doesn't mean it is 'the worst', in my book, to me, that would be relegated to #3, #11, and a gap to #25.  But my total criteria is different than anyone else's; I look at numbers as they span groupings in different areas of the spectrum in accordance with the other numbers that DO hit.  (Y'all got that ?  LOL)

The best I see right now is #13 or #22.

PB #40 is the worst PB - or is it ? 

Sure - it has not hit in 192 games, but in my criteria, PB #36 is easily the 'worst' number out there, followed by 30, 1, and then 40. 

The 'best' PB out there is #15, followed by #23, then #32, then #34. 

And I'm not playing ANY of the numbers I listed above for obvious reasons.

(those being I just jinxed them) 

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: August 22, 2006, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Just because a WB number has not hit in the longest time doesn't mean it is 'the worst', in my book, to me, that would be relegated to #3, #11, and a gap to #25.  But my total criteria is different than anyone else's; I look at numbers as they span groupings in different areas of the spectrum in accordance with the other numbers that DO hit.  (Y'all got that ?  LOL)

The best I see right now is #13 or #22.

PB #40 is the worst PB - or is it ? 

Sure - it has not hit in 192 games, but in my criteria, PB #36 is easily the 'worst' number out there, followed by 30, 1, and then 40. 

The 'best' PB out there is #15, followed by #23, then #32, then #34. 

And I'm not playing ANY of the numbers I listed above for obvious reasons.

(those being I just jinxed them) 

I 'm seeing your Best Red PowerBall as 15 and your Worst Red PowerBall as 36.

You indicated multiple balls for your Best and Worst White Balls. Actually, I'm only looking for one nomination for each category with the idea being to minimize the element of luck in our selections.

Thanks,

aye'

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: August 22, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

I 'm seeing your Best Red PowerBall as 15 and your Worst Red PowerBall as 36.

You indicated multiple balls for your Best and Worst White Balls. Actually, I'm only looking for one nomination for each category with the idea being to minimize the element of luck in our selections.

Thanks,

aye'

Take the first one I listed for each.

United States
                  Member #4416
                  April 22, 2004
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2006, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Okay guesser,

I've got you with the following nominations:

Best White Ball: 13

Worst White Ball: 3

Best Red PowerBall:15

Worst Red PowerBall: 36

Thanks for taking the time to do some real work on your number selections. We'll see in a couple of hours how well our nominations do.

Good luck,

aye'

United States
                    Member #4416
                    April 22, 2004
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: August 24, 2006, 3:33 am - IP Logged

8-23-06 PowerBall results: 8-17-24-38-51+31

We were both right about our Worst White Ball and Worst Red PowerBall picks; none of them hit.

On the other hand, we were both wrong about our Best White Ball and Best Red PowerBall picks; none of those hit either.

Each of us scored 50%, which is no great surprise. It's pretty much what I expected. When it comes to singling out balls, it's much easier to be right about which ones will not hit because the odds are much more favorable. In fact they're odds-on at 1 to 10 for the white balls and 1 to 41 for the red PowerBall. In order to be right on our best balls, we have to beat odds against us of 10 to 1 for the white balls and 41 to 1 for the red Powerball.

Thanks for your efforts. Maybe we can hit 75% or 100% next time.

aye'

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: August 24, 2006, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

To me, my 'best' choices will (should ?) hit within 4 games, I'd never count on them to hit in the very next game.

But of course, now that I have said that, in 6 months my 'best' choices will be the 'worst' choices........... LOL