Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Not Rigged? Please

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 10 years ago by fja.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #35590
March 20, 2006
185 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2006, 9:06 am - IP Logged

3,4,5,7,36.......a desperate attempt to get away from me.

5,13 appearing twice recently......and they all happen on the exact same numbers I bet for each drawinge a reason why MM is running from the middle of the field.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2006, 9:21 am - IP Logged

No, it's not rigged. Rigging a mechanical ball drawing that's televised would be very difficult and require the help of many people involved with the drawing, some of which might leak it. The nasty thing about RNG drawings is that only one person has to be involved and it would be very difficult to detect if done right.

Also if it were rigged they would have had a decent run by now. Maybe three or four. A lot of games have had low numbers pulled and rolled over. Since most picks are quick picks the "lowness" of any drawn combination would only cover that fraction actually playing chosen numbers. 

Maryland
      United States
      Member #35590
      March 20, 2006
      185 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2006, 10:04 am - IP Logged

dvdiva....it is your choice as to what you want to believe. I have previously stated on this forum that is it all about the payout for the 2nd and 3rd prizes....that is what determines what numbers get drawn. If a bettor is smart enough and spends enough on SEVERAL drawings in a row he can corner a group of numbers......in the end mega millions or any similar game has a choice....select a grand prize winner OR  if they are shameless 'weird combinations will appear to keep the jackpot rolling.

After the last jackpot winner I said I would keep a muzzel on "Chaos55" untill it gets to $100mil......I have been using a derivative of "Chaos55" for the last several drawings. It means I am spending more than $55 as I did for Chaos....but this new derivative is arranged to get 4 out of 5 and not so focused on the jackpot. In the the end,....after several drawings mega millions has a choice....fall into my group of numbers and take a chance that the jackpot will be hit OR  be shameless in the numbers drawn...they choose the latter and why not, afterall who's gonna call them on it. 

Yesterday we just saw what route they took.

I play this game because it is still possible for proper preparation to win accidentally......but there is no doubt in my mind that it is rigged....and you can only see it when you spend a good amount on each drawing.

So my head is not in the sand, in denial......I am playing to see how you can either win a rigged game or cause chaos.

Do you want the blue or the red pill?Sad Cheers 

United States
        Member #34266
        March 1, 2006
        188 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2006, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I believe the big games are rigged.  Why do the same stores repeatedly sell winning jack pot tickets?  Why do some states have more jack pot winners than others?    NY has second place winners on more than 50% of the MM drawings.  One would think, a serious lottery player who picks there own numbers would win a substantial jackpot.  Has not happened to my knowlegdge.    It is always a quick pick usually sold at a store that has one before.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2006, 11:09 am - IP Logged

"Why do the same stores repeatedly sell winning jack pot tickets?"

Why do people come to LP and post such nonsense and make no effort to back it up?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            11906 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2006, 11:37 am - IP Logged

One would think, a serious lottery player who picks there own numbers would win a substantial jackpot.  Has not happened to my knowlegdge.    It is always a quick pick usually sold at a store that has won before.

Rjoh, I'm not really sure why they would!

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8359 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

every once in a while your gonna have low ball numbers drawn just as they have high ball numbers drawn just as every drawing woln't have the full range af numbers drawn. some balls sets might favor high or low numbers some ball sets might repeditly be drawn within the whole range.

basically it's all about ball sets. And no one but them know which ball set are going to be used next.

As for the payout i'm surprised some lil old lady didn't win this week. i have a play slip or two that i use once in a while when i think it might be time for low ball picks to be drawn only my play slip has the numbers on it they didn't draw.

payouts for this draw.

Jackpot Winners (All States)

Match First 5
              +
              Match Mega Ball
              No. of
              Winners
              Prize AmountTotal Awarded
              5 + 1 (Jackpot)0$49,000,000$0
              Total0$0

All States Except California

Match First 5
              +
              Match Mega Ball
              No. of
              Winners
              5 + 03$250,000$750,000
              4 + 133$10,000$330,000
              4 + 02,096$150$314,400
              3 + 11,499$150$224,850
              2 + 19,819$10$98,190
              3 + 087,224$7$610,568
              1 + 1104,462$3$313,386
              0 + 1176,557$2$353,114
              Total381,693$2,994,508

California Only

Match First 5
              +
              Match Mega Ball
              No. of
              Winners
              5 + 02$74,798$149,596
              4 + 16$6,799$40,794
              4 + 0398$68$27,064
              3 + 1263$117$30,771
              3 + 013,501$4$54,004
              2 + 13,703$8$29,624
              1 + 119,707$3$59,121
              0 + 134,325$2$68,650
              Total71,905$459,624
                weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3046 Posts
                Posted: August 23, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I think that some of you need to wake up and see that games like Powerball and Mega Millions beat the players by their odds that it takes to hit a large prize such as the jackpot.  You could sit and play a $1000 on every drawing for the rest of your life and never hit the jackpot.  Not to mention that 1000 tickets are nothing in relation to the vast number combinations that could come out.  So you will sit here and spew about how the game is rigged because you can not win with the QP's or the numbers you selected.  The reason being is because the games are hard to win because of the large amounts of number combinations.  The winning numbers are in a constant state of change and players win with either numbers that they select or with terminal QP's.  You must accept the fact that the drawn numbers will dictate who wins what and where the winners are in the games jurisdiction based upon how many numbers the tickets have matched in the drawing.  There is no conspiracy it is just fact that you will continue to get small wins or lose because we do not buy enough combinations to warrant a winning hand.  There is also the fact that with the tickets you purchase you must have a degree of luck with you or you will not get anything.-weshar75

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                  Member #12618
                  March 18, 2005
                  2060 Posts
                  Posted: August 23, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I think that some of you need to wake up and see that games like Powerball and Mega Millions beat the players by their odds that it takes to hit a large prize such as the jackpot.  You could sit and play a $1000 on every drawing for the rest of your life and never hit the jackpot.  Not to mention that 1000 tickets are nothing in relation to the vast number combinations that could come out.  So you will sit here and spew about how the game is rigged because you can not win with the QP's or the numbers you selected.  The reason being is because the games are hard to win because of the large amounts of number combinations.  The winning numbers are in a constant state of change and players win with either numbers that they select or with terminal QP's.  You must accept the fact that the drawn numbers will dictate who wins what and where the winners are in the games jurisdiction based upon how many numbers the tickets have matched in the drawing.  There is no conspiracy it is just fact that you will continue to get small wins or lose because we do not buy enough combinations to warrant a winning hand.  There is also the fact that with the tickets you purchase you must have a degree of luck with you or you will not get anything.-weshar75

I agree. Since there are millions of combinations to choose from, odds are that most people who play the lottery will never win a big jackpot. Instead, when "weird" numbers come out people accuse the lottery of being rigged. If Mega Millions or Powerball happened to be computer drawn I may think so, but there not.

Dance like no one is watching.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: August 23, 2006, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Why do people come to LP and post such nonsense and make no effort to back it up?

I agree...utter nonsense.  What I can't understand is why the conspiracy theorists even play a game they think is rigged.

To cause chaos???  C'mon.  I'll take whatever pill you don't take. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23259 Posts
                      Posted: August 23, 2006, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #35590
                        March 20, 2006
                        185 Posts
                        Posted: August 23, 2006, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I really don't think you HONESTLY believe what you just said. Don't tell me about the odds. Yes on any given draw you can ABSOLUTELY get beat because of the astronomical odds.......however it is impossible for an honest system to beat you every single time when as YOU suggested the person is spending $1000 a draw.....and here is the key the person has cornered a group of numbers in a pattern. At some point that player should hit the 2nd prize.

Don't tell me different....because that would be utter nonsense.........do the math....you cannot defy mathematics.

An honest system CAN be beat over SEVERAL drawings!

Has 20 or 30 people ever bet on the same 5 numbers that go drawn?....why is that not the case?...figure it out!....it's all about the PAYOUT FOR 2ND and 3RD PRIZES.

It's that simple.

United States
                          Member #34266
                          March 1, 2006
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: August 23, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Why do some people feel the need to insult other lottery post members, for having an opinion that is different from their own.    FYI the $208 million PB lottery was won  in a Wisconsin store that has one previously, the store is located on Miricle Mile, where several stores have sold winning jackpot tickets.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            Mcminnville, Oregon
                            United States
                            Member #3013
                            December 13, 2003
                            3046 Posts
                            Posted: August 23, 2006, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I really don't think you HONESTLY believe what you just said. Don't tell me about the odds. Yes on any given draw you can ABSOLUTELY get beat because of the astronomical odds.......however it is impossible for an honest system to beat you every single time when as YOU suggested the person is spending $1000 a draw.....and here is the key the person has cornered a group of numbers in a pattern. At some point that player should hit the 2nd prize.

Don't tell me different....because that would be utter nonsense.........do the math....you cannot defy mathematics.

An honest system CAN be beat over SEVERAL drawings!

Has 20 or 30 people ever bet on the same 5 numbers that go drawn?....why is that not the case?...figure it out!....it's all about the PAYOUT FOR 2ND and 3RD PRIZES.

It's that simple.

I really hope that your system does well for you Shane3.  My point is that you will not be able to corner the numbers 100% of the time and when you do whether you used skill or an educated guess to arrive at your final selection of numbers that you pick.  You will then need to defy the vast number of combinations that will either show you a winning line or nothing at all.  Me I play Powerball $10 to $20 a drawing to chase jackpots for the thrill and the fun of it.  I have not won anything larger than the $100 prize.  I have been playing for 13 years.  I personally play Powerball to win the jackpot not the second or third prize payout.  Those payouts happen to people because the odds of you hitting the jackpot are very high.  That is a fact!  Have a nice day!-weshar75

Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #35590
                              March 20, 2006
                              185 Posts
                              Posted: August 23, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I really hope that your system does well for you Shane3.  My point is that you will not be able to corner the numbers 100% of the time and when you do whether you used skill or an educated guess to arrive at your final selection of numbers that you pick.  You will then need to defy the vast number of combinations that will either show you a winning line or nothing at all.  Me I play Powerball $10 to $20 a drawing to chase jackpots for the thrill and the fun of it.  I have not won anything larger than the $100 prize.  I have been playing for 13 years.  I personally play Powerball to win the jackpot not the second or third prize payout.  Those payouts happen to people because the odds of you hitting the jackpot are very high.  That is a fact!  Have a nice day!-weshar75

Well said Weshar75. 

Like it says at the back of the ticket....It's only a game......hmmm!...who's game?

Anyway this friday there will be another jackpot winner form Maryland...so don't plan to hear from me for awhile.......hehehehe.....I had another revelation on this week......hehehee!