Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

5 years too late.....

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Palm Harbor, FL
United States
Member #32362
February 11, 2006
145 Posts
Posted: August 25, 2006, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I answered my question on RNG's (on LP etc..) Picked the winning #'s for the FL lotto on (no I have not given up on LP) using their Quick Pick Plus. Picked the #'s:

4-15-25-28-34-51 - these very 6 #'s won the FL lotto back in 2001. I verified this by going to www.eddyjoe.com (which I always do to make sure the #'s I play have not been won previously). So this is proof RNG QP's work - Unfortunately I was 5 years too late this time. Another QP they have on their is Smart Pick - this will show the sum - odd/even & low//high factors for you as well. No - I am not selling out on LP!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: August 25, 2006, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

KRB03, I don't think you are allowed to post links to other sites like that, but I might be wrong. I think it's against the rules on this board.

Regarding how to check for prior drawings, the official Florida web site is probably the best place to get that information.

I'm just curious...why do you think getting the correct 6 numbers 5 years too late is proof that RNG QPs work? In fact, if you got this number from that site after it was already chosen, I would have the opposite feeling.  It doesn't make any sense to me.

What?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23345 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2006, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Hmm...  I've never seen that site before.

Looks like a regular hobbyist's web page, rather than a commercial enterprise.  That kind of link is fine.

The only time links are bad is when (a) they are to a site that is trying to make money somehow, or (b) the link gets posted again and again (which at that point becomes spam).  Unfortunately 90% of all links tend to fall into one of those two categories, which is why we all tend to bristle when we see a link.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: August 25, 2006, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't like RNGs of any kind. Anyway I think what happens if you type www. anything the editor automatically translates it into an HTML link. If you wrote it as "www-dot..." instead of with periods (.) then the editor wouldn't see it as a link.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2006, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

I don't like RNGs of any kind. Anyway I think what happens if you type www. anything the editor automatically translates it into an HTML link. If you wrote it as "www-dot..." instead of with periods (.) then the editor wouldn't see it as a link.

I don't like when they do pre-tests either.....

I don't like the fact that they change the tubes without disclosing what arrangement of the tubes for a particular drawing either.....Like Florida does.....

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2006, 12:54 am - IP Logged

I almost stopped playing when I read about the number of pre-tests they do, although they claim they're conducted to keep the games honest. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2006, 2:06 am - IP Logged

I don't see how on earth someone can play a set of numbers for 5 years, and claim they 'knew' they'd hit - AND chalk it up to a system of some sort.

TONS of numbers hit - 'some day'.

I'm kinda surprised Powerball doesn't have a game where you can do precisely that: pick a set of numbers for a set number of

YEARS for a nominal price, but the payout is much smaller.

I'm not an Actuary, but something like $20 for a YEAR of drawings, and you can ONLY match all 5 numbers, and the payout is

like $25,000, OR all 5 wb plus the PB and win 'only' 2 million - and the multiplier does NOT come into effect for this type of game.  (I don't mean the typical game played for the next 104 drawings for $104).

There is a Keno parlor here in town that you can do that with - for free.  You pick 10 numbers, and if those 10 numbers hit while you are

SITTING IN their establishment - you win a pick-10 jackpot - but you must claim your prize before the next game (you have about 8 minutes).  Your picks are good for 'life'. 

PS - I like test games - it proves to me numbers we think are dead or fixed to not hit actually DO get drawn. 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2006, 5:58 am - IP Logged

I almost stopped playing when I read about the number of pre-tests they do, although they claim they're conducted to keep the games honest. 

imagine looking at the pre test and seeing all your numbers.that would definitely have me angry.....

Palm Harbor, FL
                  United States
                  Member #32362
                  February 11, 2006
                  145 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Happy to see posting that was fine. Basically what I was saying was that getting 3 & 4 # hits often off of QP's from LP and the others...I pick a set and find out the #'s were drawn backin Aug of '01 - why couldnt they have been drawn Wed. It is frustrating coming so close so often - but thats what makes it fun and keeps us in it. For instance Wed's draw i was feeling 6 was going to play and end w/ an odd #.

Winning #'s: 5-10-22-25-39-45

My #'s:        6-18-20-26-31-45 

6-19-22-25-38-41

What is "pre testing"

By the way - my fiance Kim believes I am nuts w/ this lotto stuff - I convinve her - I do not have a gambling habit - just becoming an experienced lotto player - especially when you only play 5 lines each draw...lol

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2006, 11:54 am - IP Logged

imagine looking at the pre test and seeing all your numbers.that would definitely have me angry.....

Yeah Mike, totally agree. Moreover, I think that whole pre-testing is just one more excuse to throw things off. I say that because with anything mechanical, anything can happen, so you can do all the pretesting you want, but if the machine decides to break down, it will. So, to me, the whole thing is totally bogus.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2006, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Wednesday, I had 2 of the 5 WB numbers in one game, and 2 other WB numbers in another game.

It's bound to happen. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19891 Posts
                        Posted: August 26, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I answered my question on RNG's (on LP etc..) Picked the winning #'s for the FL lotto on (no I have not given up on LP) using their Quick Pick Plus. Picked the #'s:

4-15-25-28-34-51 - these very 6 #'s won the FL lotto back in 2001. I verified this by going to www.eddyjoe.com (which I always do to make sure the #'s I play have not been won previously). So this is proof RNG QP's work - Unfortunately I was 5 years too late this time. Another QP they have on their is Smart Pick - this will show the sum - odd/even & low//high factors for you as well. No - I am not selling out on LP!

The program I use to pick combinations for playing uses a RNG to pick numbers within the parameters I choose.  One of those parameter is to reject combinations that have matched 4 or more in past drawings.  Since a note is flashed on the screen for every rejection, I frequently see combinations rejected for that reason.  I usually pick 20 combinations to play by looking at over two hundred combinations and comparing them to only a year of history but I suspect I would see more such rejections if I had 5 years of history to compare.

I doubt if you could pick 200 combinations using the LP RNG and not have a past winner among them if you're comparing them to five or more years of drawings.  Picking 200 combinations and comparing them to 5yrs of drawings would be the same as comparing 200 X 52 wk X drw/wk worth of combinations.  Twice a week would be 20,800 and 5 drw/wk would be 52,000 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2006, 4:03 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

I read that they print them in Texas. I haven't seen the discarded sets in Florida and have no desire to either!  People say that the pre-tests still assure the games are random, but I don't see how if they are skipping some draws, which is what the pre-tests do. 

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                            Member #567
                            August 14, 2002
                            485 Posts
                            Posted: August 30, 2006, 11:13 am - IP Logged

That's why you are better off playing quick pick instead of spending all of your free time banging your head on the wall trying to beat such astronomical odds.  The person on Lottery Post who was closest to winning a jackpot was EZ Money, when he won $100,000 on a Powerball Ticket, and that was a QUICK PICK!  The lottery games are totally random, and the numbers that you pick might only show up on a pre-test and may NEVER even show up on a real official drawing.

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: August 30, 2006, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Because lottories do pre-testing, it now behooves us to develp "systems" that circumvent such testing.  Systems that rely heavily on what was drawn before are hampered somewhat  by pre-testing but certainly not doomed.

I have no problem with pre-testng even tho I would agree with LottoMike that if I were to see my numbers pop up during pre-testing I would "go postal" and spray spitballs ( the soda straw kind) all over their headquaters.