Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall 8/26/06 Best and Worst Nominations

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: August 26, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

For the August 26, 2006 PowerBall drawing, my nominations are as follows:

Thumbs UpBest White Ball: 39

Thumbs DownWorst White Ball: 7

Thumbs UpBest Red PowerBall: 34

Thumbs DownWorst Red PowerBall: 32 

Anybody else care to put it on the line by singling out just one best and worst ball for each matrix?

Getting two out of four right shouldn't be too hard. Getting three or four right might indicate that you really know what you're doing. The proof will be in the drawing.

Good luck,

aye'

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: August 26, 2006, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

How can you tell which WB and PB are the worst even if they don't come up?

Odds of being right
    Best White Ball:  5:55
    Worst White Ball:  50:55
    Best Red PowerBall:  1:42
    Worst Red PowerBall: 41:42

The odds getting 2of4 are 91:97, so what are you putting on the line?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: August 26, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

How can you tell which WB and PB are the worst even if they don't come up?

Odds of being right
      Best White Ball:  5:55
      Worst White Ball:  50:55
      Best Red PowerBall:  1:42
      Worst Red PowerBall: 41:42

The odds getting 2of4 are 91:97, so what are you putting on the line?

RJOh,

What's being put on the line here is one's ability to correctly predict just one ball from each category.

In the case of the 55 white balls, "best" refers to the group of five white balls that are drawn; "worst" refers to the other fifty balls that are not drawn. In the case of the red PowerBalls, "best" refers to the one ball that is drawn; "worst" refers to the other forty-one balls that are not drawn. 

In order to be right, the best balls should hit; the worst balls should not hit. In case you missed it, I covered the odds last time. Obviously, two of the categories are far easier to hit than the other two; I covered that last time also. Although it's far more difficult to pinpoint a ball that will it than a ball that won't hit, it's still possible to be right or wrong about any of them.

Now, do you have any further regal rhetorical questions? Or would you care to actually try to name one ball for each category? You can think of the worst ball categories as something of a "gimme" for the smarter people, but it would be rather embarrassing for you if your worst balls were drawn. And it might actually take some skills to name the best balls.

Good luck,

aye'

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Now that I have an Elite rating in the LP community, I feel a responsibility to think before posting and base my posts on good research and sound reasoning.  I may post some numbers later after I've picked my best 15 WB and 5 PB for the PB challenge.  Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2006, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Now that I have an Elite rating in the LP community, I feel a responsibility to think before posting and base my posts on good research and sound reasoning.  I may post some numbers later after I've picked my best 15 WB and 5 PB for the PB challenge.  Good luck to you.

Don't worry, RJOh. I won't hold any lack of thought, research or sound reasoning against you. LOL Many people on these forums are guilty of those shortcomings, but we can't expect anyone to be omniscient.

Back when I originated the Pigskin Challenge, it had a limit of ten white ball selections and it later included three red PowerBall selections. Many people became frustrated with that challenge because they found it too hard to come up with very many correct balls within  those limits. After I stopped posting that thread, it eventually went to limits of fifteen white balls and five red PowerBall numbers.

The original idea of the Challenge thread was to encourage people to sharpen their skills by narrowing down their number selections. Among other things, that would allow more of us to get greater coverage when playing our numbers. I had hoped to tighten the limits as time went by, but it became apparent that more people were interested in imaginary wins than real wins. The reality is that a winning PowerBall combination has a limit of five white balls and only one red PowerBall. And having that combination only matters if you put your money down on a ticket with that winning combination. Short of that, I guess we can all post what we expect to be that one winning combination on the Predictions Board.

I just have a middling Advanced rating here on Lottery Post. Beyond trying to use correct grammar and spelling in my posts, I'm not really sure what responsibility that places upon me. I hope to someday become one of the Elite LP members, but I don't see that as very likely. My job requires me to spend a lot of time online; consequently, I get a little burned out on the 'net from time to time. I don't think that I'll ever be able to post with enough regularity to improve my standing.

I salute all those rated as Veteran, Experienced, Advanced, Guru, New Member, Elite, Regular, Senior,and even those unrated lurkers who visit the site without the benefit of membership; however, cashing a winning ticket will go a long way toward improving anyone's rating as a lottery player. But I digress....

I'd still welcome anyone's participation in this thread by nominating just one ball for each of the four categories: Best White Ball, Worst White Ball, Best Red PowerBall, and Worst Red PowerBall. Even though I've dropped the requirement for an explanation of your selections, you can still share that with us if you so desire.

Good luck,

aye'

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2006, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Best WB: 50
            Worst WB: 46

Best PB: 35
            Worst PB: 16

Good luck

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2006, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

PB:08/26/2006  24 26 38 42 46 +16
              In spite of the odds, I scored a prefect zero.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: August 27, 2006, 12:48 am - IP Logged

PB:08/26/2006  24 26 38 42 46 +16
                In spite of the odds, I scored a prefect zero.

Green laughSee what I mean? Even the "gimmes" are no piece of cake, but I did score my usual two out of four with those easy ones. Better luck next time.

aye' 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19826 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Green laughSee what I mean? Even the "gimmes" are no piece of cake, but I did score my usual two out of four with those easy ones. Better luck next time.

aye' 

When I play MegaMillions 08/29, I think I will combine my 15 best WB and 5 best MB with my one worst WB and worst MB to pick my numbers.  If I had done that for PB 08/26, I would have covered 4 WB and the PB. Thumbs Up

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #4416
                    April 22, 2004
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

When I play MegaMillions 08/29, I think I will combine my 15 best WB and 5 best MB with my one worst WB and worst MB to pick my numbers.  If I had done that for PB 08/26, I would have covered 4 WB and the PB. Thumbs Up

RJOh,

4+1 in the PowerBall game would have been a very sweet hit! Throwing those worst ball picks into the mix might be a way of catching those balls that tend to sneak up on us. I hope it works and pays off for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Right now I'm only playing a few lines in the PowerBall game: two QP's, one best system line, and one constant line. I'm putting most of my resources into Win For Life because it's an easier game. If I stumble across something that gives me a leg up on PowerBall, I might go back to hitting it a little harder. I still like crunching the PowerBall numbers though.

Good luck and goodwill,

aye'

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

aye, I would have picked 40 as my worst PB and 21 as my worst WB in last draw.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

aye, I would have picked 40 as my worst PB and 21 as my worst WB in last draw.

The way you folks are defining it, the 'worst ball' is simply the one ball that has not hit in the longest time.

My definition is a bit different, I look at the length of time since the last hit, the history of any single ball since the last ball change, and the 

hit history in the test games.

Sure, WB #21 has not hit in 50 games, and PB #40 has not hit in 192 games, but there are 12 other PB numbers that have not hit since the PB ballsets were changed on 3/8/06. That said, in my book, PB #36 is the 'worst pick' out there.

'Worst' PB - 36

'Best' PB - 19

'Worst' WB - probably #11, followed by #36

'Best' WB -  too many to list, but I like #1, and then 41, 12.

You also need to realize that seldom do multiple 'longshots' hit in the same game (and now that I said that.........)

Anyway, I play a longshot every third game, just because of the odds. 

I don't play numbers, I play odds. (that does not preclude me from playing #21, I just don't feel it's 'time' to play #21 just yet). 

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                          A long and winding road
                          United States
                          Member #17084
                          June 10, 2005
                          4526 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

guesser- I like how you saw the question in its entirety and responded in like.

Most folks use last pick or longest number out without getting the over-all odds of times hit, etc.

Personally I consider any number that I play to be a bad pick! And I dont mean it in a murphy law sytle way. Ive just learned that when I dont try so hard to guess or use patterns I do much better! ( Which means I use QP more then anything and hit more often).

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014