Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Last year when i posted; i was harrassed. All because of who i am.

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by duckman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #4267
April 6, 2004
36 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2006, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Tht's why i rarely post on here.  I felt like a jew in Nazi Germany, and no one  defended me.  Thanks for the support!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2006, 1:35 am - IP Logged

You may wish to refresh our memory. I have a hard problem remembering what I did last week let alone one year ago.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2006, 2:04 am - IP Logged

does this have something to do with the rosa parks topic last year?  been almost a year since that topic was put to rest so whats still bothering you?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: September 2, 2006, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Keep in mind that we're talking in the superbowl without a microphone.  It doesn't mean what you said didn't have value, maybe you just weren't heard among the noise.  Happens to all of us, don't take it personally.  Try again and shout louder.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
          Member #2460
          October 7, 2003
          766 Posts
          Posted: September 2, 2006, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Tht's why i rarely post on here.  I felt like a jew in Nazi Germany, and no one  defended me.  Thanks for the support!

Who you are?

And just, Who are you?

If you are a Jew you have nothing to fear from me, if you don't do harm to me first.

Take a look at my avatar, The Star of David and no I am not a Jew myself, but I mean no harm to them, They are to be kept from harm if at all possible.

But everybody everywhere is to be kept from harm if possible, even the Germans.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: September 2, 2006, 5:19 am - IP Logged

Welcome back, datamatx. I read your posts and I don't see anyone attacking you at all. One thing someone must keep in mind is that this is a lottery forum. When personal ideas are posted, there's bound to be one or two members who have something controversial to throw in, as Chewie did on the Rosa Parks thread. He liked to stir up a little trouble, but I saw no ridicule or personal attack, just a strong opinion about certain political figures. However, Iesha was in full support of Mrs. Parks and her struggle for equality.  I assume that's the thread to which you were referring.  Try not to be too sensitive. After all, I post on LP and I'm a Democrat.  Yikes!

Regarding feeling like a "Jew in Nazi Germany" someone's feelings should never be denied, but don't you think that's a bit strong? The 6 million Jews in Nazi Germany (along with their 15 or 20 million other victims)  didn't have the freedom to express their opinions. People were murdered, starved to death and piled into mass graves only because of their race, religion or national heritage. Hitler also ordered the extermination of handicapped people and the mentally challenged, as if they were roaches. Hate and Evil have no boundaries.

A note to Excalibur - I agree that everyone should be protected, but there is a big difference between a Nazi and a German. One is a nationality and the other is a member of a hate group.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1303
              March 27, 2003
              1508 Posts
              Posted: September 2, 2006, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Well I for one don't have any idea what datamatx is talking about.  But based upon the other posts in this thread, it sounds like he/she posted something non-lottery related.

Since this is a lottery website, and all the forums are lottery-related, this isn't a place to express personal-political opinions and beliefs, IMHO.  There are plenty of websites on the Internet to do that. The topic here is lottery. That's a no-brainer.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: September 2, 2006, 10:37 am - IP Logged

datamatx

So why on Earth did you wait almost a year just to tell us that?

Why do post without a detailed account of what you are talking about?  Since you don't have many posts, I did click your name and chose "find all posts by datamatx"

Well, that doesn't at all tell me who you are?   Nor do I really know what thread you are referring to?  So unless you come back and explain, in detail, then maybe you deserve whatever injustice you think you got.

United States
                  Member #9519
                  December 10, 2004
                  492 Posts
                  Posted: September 2, 2006, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Well I for one don't have any idea what datamatx is talking about.  But based upon the other posts in this thread, it sounds like he/she posted something non-lottery related.

Since this is a lottery website, and all the forums are lottery-related, this isn't a place to express personal-political opinions and beliefs, IMHO.  There are plenty of websites on the Internet to do that. The topic here is lottery. That's a no-brainer.

100% Agreement ! ! !

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                    Mcminnville, Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #3013
                    December 13, 2003
                    3056 Posts
                    Posted: September 2, 2006, 11:13 am - IP Logged

What I do not understand is why you waited for a year to address this issue when at the time that it happened you could have taken steps to address the problem then.  You could talk to Todd through email or private message about how you felt about the whole situation.  Besides if your going to get attacked here at the Lottery Post it will be because of what you posted not who you are.  We only know who you are by the posts that you give here.  Todd will not tolerate some one who is attacking or harassing other members.  But you have to take the time to show him that you were harassed and prove it by the posts that the attacker sends.  Personally though I think you should not take to heart some of things said here at Lottery Post because maybe the poster is trying to get you to retaliate or offend you.  I try to look at it this way.  "If you don't mind it don't matter".  Have a nice day!-weshar75

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Detroit, MI
                      United States
                      Member #43946
                      July 27, 2006
                      365 Posts
                      Posted: September 2, 2006, 11:14 am - IP Logged

So I read the silly thread this guy is obviously offended about. It started off with Emily posting Rosa's age to play in the future and then on the 2nd page it ended up with datamtx posting something that had nothing to do with lottery. You crossed the line so who's feelings should be hurt here?

Guy, you chose to go that route. Not to bring a year old topic back up but No one really cares if it was planned or not, all we know is that It' helped the future (Im a black male) move further ahead in life without none of the crap that went on then. Do you feel so bitter about it that you want these days to be as they were be4? Obviously you have very strong opinions but dude, get a life...

All because of who you here HA! and who are you exactly?

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23277 Posts
                        Posted: September 2, 2006, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

There are some really nice, thoughtful posts here.  TheTruth, I was really struck by yours in particular.  I'm not sure if datamatx has stopped to read any of these, but I hope so, because he/she may be able to benefit from some of the wisdom on display here.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
                          Member #26882
                          November 23, 2005
                          1404 Posts
                          Posted: September 2, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I have had many confrontations here on LP basically because I stand behind my beliefs and am misunderstood and do have strong opinions.

If you do the same then you should not feel the need to be defended by anyone or for others to totally agree with you 100% on your opinions because we are all unique and hold our own opinions regardless of what others think and I know my opinions are not about to change if someone attacks, NOT I, but the opinion I carry.

Just be aware that people will attack your personal beliefs because they are not of their own, however that does not mean they are attacking You because of Who You Are but again attacking an opinion or belief you carry.

It does not matter to me if a person is Red, Yellow, Black or White, a person is a person to me conceived and born the same way I was! We all bleed red! And really as we sit behind our screens we do not always know what race the person on the other end is! And really one must take that into account are we being attacked for Who we Are? Or for what we have said? Think about it!

In my case when I have a strong opinion, I feel everyone is entitled to hear it! LOL, and the person reading it is more opt to say : If I wanted your opinion I would of beat it out of you!

Expect pain and disappointment as part of life and keep moving because as long as you are on this earth there will be more of it to come. Life as we call it is but a huge lesson, live and learn and keep moving taking what you have learned and using it for greater good. Holding grudges will only make you walk backwards. Learn to support yourself and to not look onto others as your defender you don’t need others to defend you! You are already equipped to defend your own.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: September 2, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

"Holding grudges will only make you walk backwards."

Very wise words, Barb.  Wake up every morning with a clean slate.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                              Jacksonville Florida
                              United States
                              Member #23018
                              October 6, 2005
                              918 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2006, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

As a moderator on another popular (non-lottery related) bulletin board/forum, my experience has been that whenever hot-button topics (such as religion or politics) are introduced, it almost always ends up deteriorating into a personal attack extravaganza if given enough time.

I don't know all the particulars of what the OP (original poster) of this thread is talking about, so my comments here are general in nature and not about the OP's comments.

It is rare that a thread discussing a hot-button issue does not turn into a battle between two or more members on a personal level. Usually things escalate after a few posts. These threads many times will end up closed or deleted and offending members warned or banned after a few warnings. The moderator team has a tough job because then we are accused of censorship by a few members (usually the ones who are warned).

Thankfully this is a rare occurance here at LP. One thing that I have seen is that it only takes a few of these negative threads to start causing some people to leave a site and not come back. Too much negativity creates an unpleasent atmosphere and is intimidating to some people. It's kind of like going into a retail store or coffee shop and have people yelling at each other...that is intimidating to some people and certainly not something that makes your shopping experience pleasant.

Personally, I would have no problem with discussing these hot-button issues if the threads could stay with discussing the issues and not attack members personally. People need to learn that they can have differences of opinions and that is OK. One person's set of facts may not be another person's set of facts. Differences are what makes the world interesting...