Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pi: Faith in Chaos an Independent Film

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by kellmellus55.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
Fughedaboutit (NY)
United States
Member #8160
October 26, 2004
6777 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2006, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone seen the independent film Pi: Faith in Chaos, directed by Darren Aronofsky, starring Sean Gullette.?

It tells the story of a haunted, fragile mathematical genius on the trail of a 216 digit number hidden in Pi that could unlock the secrets of the stock market... and the universe.

With all of the discussion here on LP regarding Pi and lottery systems some of you may be interested in seeing this film. I started watching it and it reveals some interesting number facts and theories.  This black and white film has no bells and whistles or outstanding special effects but it gives food for thought and is quite interesting nonetheless. 

From what I have seen thus far, it is worth watching. Who knows, you may get a few lottery system ideas from it. Thumbs Up

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2006, 12:41 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the tip.

I went to NetFlix and just ordered it.  Looks good.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
      United States
      Member #8160
      October 26, 2004
      6777 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2006, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the tip.

I went to NetFlix and just ordered it.  Looks good.

You're welcome. That's where I go it from, NetFlix.  Enjoy...

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23274 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2006, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Has anyone seen the independent film Pi: Faith in Chaos, directed by Darren Aronofsky, starring Sean Gullette.?

It tells the story of a haunted, fragile mathematical genius on the trail of a 216 digit number hidden in Pi that could unlock the secrets of the stock market... and the universe.

With all of the discussion here on LP regarding Pi and lottery systems some of you may be interested in seeing this film. I started watching it and it reveals some interesting number facts and theories.  This black and white film has no bells and whistles or outstanding special effects but it gives food for thought and is quite interesting nonetheless. 

From what I have seen thus far, it is worth watching. Who knows, you may get a few lottery system ideas from it. Thumbs Up

Yes, I actually have that movie in my collection.  It's been a long time since I've watched it, maybe I'll put it back in my "to watch" stack.

On the topic of pi, I recently found a pretty cool program that calculates however many digits of pi that you instruct it to.  It is a great way to measure your computer's raw processing power, at least where mathematical computations are concerned.  I'll put it in my blog so anyone can download it.  (Free software, no ads or nags.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Canada
          Member #2352
          September 19, 2003
          42 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2006, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Yes. An interesting, low budget film. Shows, they can produce quality stuff with meaning and few frills.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2006, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I have that movie too..: ) I also have "It's a beautiful Mind" which in a way is similar though the main actor suffers from a condition....

Is been a while since i've seen it.. But i get insipiration from those movies...

"...If you think about it, the stock market and taxes are in a way a form of lottery...."

Kola's avatar - image
              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
              Member #28945
              December 25, 2005
              1528 Posts
              Posted: September 22, 2006, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Really liked the movie. It was based on the true story of a very, very brillaint and seemingly eccentric man named Dan Winter. He was allegedly harrassed by the 'government' and certain organizations because of his alleged penchant in discovering and revealing "scientific/spiritual" knowledge that people want hidden. Apparently he is forbidden by the courts in publishing new books on his material. Much of his work can be seen in pamphlets, video, and the internet. He has gone bankrupt by trying to fight what he deems was an illegal attempt to silence his freedom of speech. His broad material is at the fringes of thought, but one can still glean intriguing mathematical and physics based concepts from it.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: September 22, 2006, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Are you guys talking about a film that was black and white? I saw one called Pi but it was a little out there.

In fact, if I'm mad at someone that asks for a movie rental recommendation, I tell then to get that one.

Green laugh

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: September 22, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Are you guys talking about a film that was black and white? I saw one called Pi but it was a little out there.

In fact, if I'm mad at someone that asks for a movie rental recommendation, I tell then to get that one.

Green laugh

That's the one, Coin Toss! I've been meaning to see it for a long time but forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!! I heard it was a little "out there" too.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                    United States
                    Member #8160
                    October 26, 2004
                    6777 Posts
                    Posted: September 22, 2006, 10:32 am - IP Logged

Green laugh

Yes, I believe that that is the film I am referring to.

You know, when you are mad at someone who asks for a movie recommendation and you tell them about Pi, you may be doing them a favor. They may get something out of it. Green laughGreen laugh

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: September 22, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

Good point, LottoChica! Did you see it yet? Or maybe you have seen Aronofsky's more popular film, "Requiem For A Dream." ? Another off the wall movie.

Fughedaboutit (NY)
                        United States
                        Member #8160
                        October 26, 2004
                        6777 Posts
                        Posted: September 22, 2006, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Good point, LottoChica! Did you see it yet? Or maybe you have seen Aronofsky's more popular film, "Requiem For A Dream." ? Another off the wall movie.

Yes I did see Pi. It was an interesting watch, a lot of "numbers" history there. I'll have to check out Aronofsky's other movie. Lurking

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2006, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I believe that that is the film I am referring to.

You know, when you are mad at someone who asks for a movie recommendation and you tell them about Pi, you may be doing them a favor. They may get something out of it. Green laughGreen laugh

They may get something out of it. Green laugh

Sleep?

Green laugh

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: September 22, 2006, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Nice little film. At the time I saw it, I was still in the stocks, too. It gave me a few ideas.

I especially liked the opening.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: September 23, 2006, 9:48 am - IP Logged

How come i haven't heard of requiem for a dream...is it about number theory or about stocks..what year is that movie...