Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoMatrix3 - Adding a New State

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by EXCALIBUR.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2006, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone have instructions for adding a new state and it's drawing history to LottoMatrix3 software (registered version)?

There was a limited number of states and the program was not designed to add additional state(s).

If anyone uses or every used this program and knows how to add a new state could you be so kind and PM me with instructions.

BTW the program is kaputski and no more support since 2000 

Thanks!!!

wsls 

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2006, 3:24 am - IP Logged

I also tried to add new states, the main problem might be not to add more states, but being able to name them as you want to, the hex code used for the state's names does not seem to be "regular" hex, a hex translator that I used could not translate it.

Maybe more state entries can be added, but will not have the names of the states, not as we want to anyway, I got very upset and gave up (quit trying) maybe too soon.

As to updating the histories or even replacing them with your own, that is possible, very tricky to do, but possible, I did it, but I don't remember how I did it, it was too long ago, I quit using that program, not because is not good, it is more than good enough and at one time it might have been the very best of it's kind, that is until the Crunch 2 and LotSoft came along.

Even now Lottomatrix3 is still a very good program, that is it would be if the draws coulld be more easily updated and or replaced and if states could be added and deleted.

It would be nice if it had a draws' import function either from the states' sites and or from a draw's file on the hard drive.

It used to be updated directly from the Lottomatrix3 site, just as LotSoft does now, but LotSoft's site might not be there sometime in the future, nothing is forever.

Remember Thomsol's program, Simulotto or something like that? It didn't last very long either, Thomsol made even a more cripled program than LottoMatrix3, after his site quit updating his program it became trash, also you could not add new games to it, his MegaMillions format is gone, it had only a very few games on it, 3,  I think, his progam was completely cripled, Thomsol seems to have had a sort of MYOPIA OF THE BRAIN, not of the eyes, he was very shortsighted mentally, kind of a strange mix of bright and dumb, I tell you, ultimately his prediction ideas had some merit and potential, he could had built some very good lottery program, much better than many of those that are still around.

It is a shame that so many lottery programmers criple their programs, they put restrictions on them, like an easy way to update them for example and like being able to easily copy and paste and even print their numbers stats and charts.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
    Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
      Member #2460
      October 7, 2003
      766 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2006, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

A programmer such as maybe Paurths might be able to make a software patch that would change the program enough to allow for the adding and deleting of states and for an easier way to update and or completely replace the past draws' histories.

From my look into the program time ago, I think that it would be possible to do that, or simply make a separate routine that would allow for the adding and deleting and replacing of histories and it would need to be run every time that a person needed to make any of those changes, it would be a sort of step by step WZARD program for making the changes, then it would make (Output) the needed changes to the LottoMatrix3 program.

I have been meaning to again manualy tinker with the program, maybe I will again sometime, that hex code or whatever it is seems to have the answer. a programmer might know what to do, if any one of them would be willing to look into this, which is not very likely.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
      Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.