Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

THIS....is how NORTH CAROLINA feels

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Skylaquisha.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LuckyGirl21's avatar - abstract
North Carolina
United States
Member #45203
August 16, 2006
34 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2006, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I can not speak for everyone of us but I can state my opinion on how this "NORTH CAROLINA" gal feels........I was reading the press stories of the winners and all that when I came across the story about the Lady saying "that winning was a blessing & a curse". OK... ALOT OF YOU had  pretty decent comments on the story but ONE had the NERVE to call us (NC) all narrow minded (my gist of it was that we WERE all DUMB and they were glad that they did not live here) THAT right there...really pi**ed me off!!!! I have sent this person a message to let them know EXACTLY how I feel!! TRUE....there are quite A FEW people who don't support the lottery that live here but on the other hand there is ALOT of us that do!!!We have fought LONG & HARD to get "our slice of the POWERBALL PIE" and I be Da*ned if I am gonna just stand by and watch MY STATE  get slammed by the opinion  of "some NARROW-MINDED" PERSON themselves. I love my state and it may not be the best.... but it is MY HOME and I will DEFEND  it against anyone who tries to BASH IT.Mad

Thanx everyone for your time!!!

LuckyGirl21

DARE TO DREAM THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!

Party

PROUD TO BE A NORTH CAROLINA POWERBALL PLAYIN GAL!!!!!!!

North Carolina
    United States
    Member #4313
    April 11, 2004
    2389 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2006, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Gentlespirit
    'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

NC
      United States
      Member #8707
      November 15, 2004
      573 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2006, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

You go  LuckyGirl21

Party

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2006, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Well it seemed to turn into a political discussion pretty quick.

If someone wishes to insult WA state then be my guest. I might have missed something.

But at least our weather is nice. (I prefer the rain.) 

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
          NC
          United States
          Member #11741
          February 23, 2005
          1233 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I can not speak for everyone of us but I can state my opinion on how this "NORTH CAROLINA" gal feels........I was reading the press stories of the winners and all that when I came across the story about the Lady saying "that winning was a blessing & a curse". OK... ALOT OF YOU had  pretty decent comments on the story but ONE had the NERVE to call us (NC) all narrow minded (my gist of it was that we WERE all DUMB and they were glad that they did not live here) THAT right there...really pi**ed me off!!!! I have sent this person a message to let them know EXACTLY how I feel!! TRUE....there are quite A FEW people who don't support the lottery that live here but on the other hand there is ALOT of us that do!!!We have fought LONG & HARD to get "our slice of the POWERBALL PIE" and I be Da*ned if I am gonna just stand by and watch MY STATE  get slammed by the opinion  of "some NARROW-MINDED" PERSON themselves. I love my state and it may not be the best.... but it is MY HOME and I will DEFEND  it against anyone who tries to BASH IT.Mad

LuckyGirl21

You go girl!Cheers

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: September 13, 2006, 6:25 am - IP Logged

LuckyGirl21

Luckygirl2121, It would probably be better for you if you got your true feelings out and didn't hold them in...

LOLOL ...DD 

NC
              United States
              Member #46539
              September 13, 2006
              61 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2006, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah!!