Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 Payouts why so different?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Toney725.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #45802
August 28, 2006
335 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2006, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Hi All:

I have a question that has been bugging me for a long time.  I will give an example so this makes some sense.

Last night the pick three winner in Florida was 0 0 1.  The payout was well over $800,000.  On a normal day the payout would be somewhere in the $400,000 range or lower.  I see this quite ofter with numbers that do not hit very ofter, such as triples say 9 9 9 or one time 0 0 0.

I wonder if the reason is that a lot of people play the same numbers all the time and they finally hit but that is not very scientific or manybe not even sensible.  Another example not long ago was 6 6 6 and the payout was well over 1 million.  I am reallly glad I did not win that one.

Dose anyone have any ideas on this?

I wish all your picks are winners and all your winners are monsters

Floridian

angelm's avatar - anne
    richmond ky.
    United States
    Member #15877
    May 22, 2005
    8472 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2006, 11:14 am - IP Logged

I have noticed(at least at the store I play my numbers)that SOME people play 00's and triples daily-I am sure alot of people must do the same for some reason

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
      Stone Mountain, GA
      United States
      Member #3189
      January 1, 2004
      28242 Posts
      Posted: September 11, 2006, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Hi All:

I have a question that has been bugging me for a long time.  I will give an example so this makes some sense.

Last night the pick three winner in Florida was 0 0 1.  The payout was well over $800,000.  On a normal day the payout would be somewhere in the $400,000 range or lower.  I see this quite ofter with numbers that do not hit very ofter, such as triples say 9 9 9 or one time 0 0 0.

I wonder if the reason is that a lot of people play the same numbers all the time and they finally hit but that is not very scientific or manybe not even sensible.  Another example not long ago was 6 6 6 and the payout was well over 1 million.  I am reallly glad I did not win that one.

Dose anyone have any ideas on this?

I wish all your picks are winners and all your winners are monsters

Floridian

The payout will always be more for a double (001) or a triple(666) than it would be for a single (123).  Look at the back of a playslip and you'll see that a box single hit pays $40.  A box double pays $80.

Hope that answers your question.