Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I am willing to pay...

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by SirMetro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

just wanted to say that i am willing to pay for some information...Whoever can find me the number of losers for pick3, pick4, pick5 and Powerball..When i say the number of losers i am referring to the amount of people that didn't win anything but played....Or the amount of people that play which should be the same as the amount of people that don't win anything on a particular day...For any state on any particular day...Just PM me....However don't plan to pay more than 60 dollars....Guys, i am not rich...It will take me a week to pay you since i got to wait until payday...I don't get paid like everyone else...I have written to the Ga lottery Corporation but haven't gotten no response...Maybe you get lucky with your state lottery commission...And if you can get me the number of people that bet on the stock market and have stocks, is another 70 dollars...I would really appreciate it....

The information is for a research that i am doing...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery websites provide enough information that the number of losing tickets can be calculated, but that won't tell you the number of players that played and lost.  The best information is going to be a guess because when 100 losing tickets are bought, there no way of telling if one or twenty players bought them. 

The players who buy more tickets are likely to match the overall odds of winning the minimum prize but does spending $10 in a pick5 game or $50 in a jackpot game and winning $1 or $2 qualify one as a winner?  I suspect the ratio of losers to winners on the predictions board is about the same as that in the real world.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76

It would be virtually inpossible to determine the number of people who "bet on" the stock market. There are many types of onvestors, from day-traders to corporate cEO's whose holdings can be many times their salaries.

If a person knows what they're doing they are not "betting" at all, usually that's for rookies who think they have a tip. 

Lumping all investors together as one is no more specific than saying "sports fan" to describe a baseball or football fanatic.  

I also think you shouldn't offer to pay people for anything via a discussion board.  We all know who the regular posters are and they're probably stand - up people, but any board inherently has lurkers and you might just surface one that's looking for something like that.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

just wanted to say that i am willing to pay for some information...Whoever can find me the number of losers for pick3, pick4, pick5 and Powerball..When i say the number of losers i am referring to the amount of people that didn't win anything but played....Or the amount of people that play which should be the same as the amount of people that don't win anything on a particular day...For any state on any particular day...Just PM me....However don't plan to pay more than 60 dollars....Guys, i am not rich...It will take me a week to pay you since i got to wait until payday...I don't get paid like everyone else...I have written to the Ga lottery Corporation but haven't gotten no response...Maybe you get lucky with your state lottery commission...And if you can get me the number of people that bet on the stock market and have stocks, is another 70 dollars...I would really appreciate it....

The information is for a research that i am doing...

What?why don't you take that money and buy a membership to "the LP" and then go to the library and get the information you have requested for free.

takeemtothebank

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I would agree with Tenaj. $60 is almost an annual subscription.

Anyway, I do not know about any other state, but I think the information you might be looking for in Georgia can be found here http://www.galottery.com/gen/aboutUs/lotteryReports.jsp

Good Luck,

Sir Metro

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2006, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

The Ga Lottery Corp. used to post the number of losers on their website but they stop. They used to do it years ago and one day they stop...Back then i wasn't interested in the information like i am now...

About the information of the stock market, they gave that information on CNBC on TV, the one with Kudlov, but unfotunately i was paying more attention to the plate of food i had in front of me...and I miss what he said, he said something like 46 or 90 thousand people bet daily on the stock market but that's all i could hear i totally miss the exact number....I have written to CNBC asking them if they could provide me with such information but i haven't gotten no response...

"...Great, you won the lottery but is only you right..."

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

If the CNBC show was today, it will probably be reshown tonight.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2006, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I was like 3 weeks ago...Thanks SirMetro but i didn't find what i was looking for there...

"...Great you won the lottery but is only you right..."

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4053 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

If the CNBC show was today, it will probably be reshown tonight.

I watched it on a video from my ip home page this am. It was tied to the beware of spinach and cell phones of the rich and famous.  I don't know whether this link works.  You can move the bar if you don't want to watch the other stuff.

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/s.dll?ep=62256&_pgoffset=83&only=y&media=rtsp://media.bellsouth.net/real/abcnews/video/premium/060914ntl.rm

takeemtothebank

East of Atlanta
                    United States
                    Member #6191
                    August 11, 2004
                    1389 Posts
                    Posted: September 20, 2006, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I think that most, if not all of the basic statistics associated with the stock market can probably be found here http://www.sec.gov/ at the SEC Web site. Now, I apologize for not looking the information up, but one must keep in mind a few items.

1) There is MORE then 1 stock exchange (eg: Dow Jones, NASDAQ, American, Phil., etc...) and each one has their own set of statistics. And that's not even taking into consideration of the Options exchange or Overseas markets.

2) The smaller the exchange, the more varying the data will be. For example, as one Broker told me. You have about 50 people running around the smaller exchanges and when they see a small group of Brokers chasing one stock, they all rush after it. Then when the attention goes to another, they all rush toward it. So the stock getting the new attention goes up in price while the previous hot stock drops like a rock.

3) I guess I am curious how you associate the Stock Market with the Lottery. I have used stock market research tools to examine Lottery numbers, but when it comes to the stock market, I depend on research with reliable resources to make decisions. And barring something such as deceitfull accounting (think Enron, Nortel, Worldcom, etc...) or incorrect data being reported to the MorningStar or the SEC, selecting a strong company with growth potential is not very difficult. Whereas with the Lottery, it's a wild guess. Good example, on MadDogs 9-19 MegaMillion challenge, I had 3 + 1, yet in the Fantasy 5, I didn't have a single digit. And I used the exact same method to select the numbers for both games.

Anyway, good luck in your research. I hope the results you are seeking yeilds big wins for you.

Sir Metro

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: September 20, 2006, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Sir Metro: Thank you i'll look it up

YOu said: "I guess I am curious how you associate the Stock Market with the Lottery"

I've been seeking to invent a system of betting that will have the influence that the stock market has but that it would be for small investment. I don't know nothing about the stock market (though i try to watch CNBC programs about stocks to try to understand it) but this is what i think happens on the stock market (when i say stock market i am referring to all of them)..It gives me the impression that in the stock market people with more money, have a better chance of making money or retaining their money on the stock market..MY impression is that is 70,000 or above, while someone with 500-2,500 dollars doesn't have as much potential to make money..I am talking about a system of betting where people with less than 10,000 dollars have a chance to double or triple their money and not worry that their money is too little to bet...Something similar to horse betting, but with easier odds...In horse betting the number of bettors i believe (could be wrong) has its limit (is smaller)..The only thing i can think of that will work like that is a lottery. Something like a big version of pick 3 that will have multiple winners and multiple losers..I have a link, not with me right now, that has the types of bets people in the Market make, to show that they do make several bets...Basically i am looking to invent something that will work like the stock market, a money generating system for some not for everyone like the stock market but that will be for small investment and for US "COMMON PEOPLE"...And think about it, If we were living in an "alternate universe" where the government wasn't involved with lotteries and pick3 and pick4 had the odds that betslips have, we would have considered betslip to be our small version of the "stock market"...Jokingly, i am sure i would have been reffering to my hot numbers as my "stocks" and the money i have to bet whether i lose or win as my capital : )...(I hope you see where i am going with this)...

And is not only that aspect but the aspect of Simplicity comes to mind...I am looking to see if is possible to create a system of betting, that' is simple, that doesn't uses too much jargon and that everyone can use. The stock market jargon is extensive and known by but a few...Once i looked at some guys on CNBC telling the secrets and stuff you have to watch if you want to make money on the market, and listening to it, "there is a lot of stuff you have to look at, complex stuff", while a system similar to the lottery would be simple, you either get the numbers right or you don't...Plus the stock market on certain aspects of it relies on inovation; on people buying certain things: on bussiness doing well, while all you have to worry about on a system similar to a lottery or something similar to it is betting: having the right bet on the right numbers (i am thinking of pick3 at this moment)...Please don't think I am talking about a lottery with lots of numbers but the fewest numbers as possible...One problem with this is if lots of peole had bets on the same number the entire system could collapse...But looking at the bright side of things, a something similar to a lottery is really cheap to start, all you need to star a lottery is the most sophisticated RnG, while something like horse betting you have to worry about animals and taking care of the animals and the construction of the building, etc, etc..

But basically that' what i am trying to invent, a system of betting that will have multiple winner and multiple loser and that it will be for people with not so much money...This is how i think they will bet in the future, thousands of years from now when they have flying cars and tall building everywhere ( I am picturing the cartoon futurama)...And as i am writing this i am thinking of other internationally, of other countries that don't have stock market or is not as huge as the U.S Market, where people when they have money they don't know hot to mak it multiply..If you go to Third world countries, they only way they can become rich they will tell you is if they win the lottery over there, they don't have other things to make them rich like the U.S does. LIke you can't invest in Real Estate in lots of countries...I mean here in the U.S there are other means to make lots of money besides getting lucky with the lottery....I know you are going to say that the govt. will not allow it but who knows it doesn't have to be in the lifespan were are living now it could be in the future....
                        East of Atlanta
                        United States
                        Member #6191
                        August 11, 2004
                        1389 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

If you have a sincere interest in learning about the stock market, there are a few things you must do.

First and foremost, turn CNBC OFF. It's only purpose is to  help tell you what happened yesterday. There are a multitude of legitimate websites (many of them sponsered by a brokerage) of live or very short time delay stock quotes.

Go to the book store and find the book that you can understand (and beleive me, many are so dry, I have no clue who can stay awake long enough to read them) on investing. And make sure it not only covers the stock market, but also covers Options, bonds, mutual funds and even annuities (which truth be told, the only one who wins with an insurance annuity is the insurance company).

Next, check out several of the online investment sites. My favorite is Motley Fools http://www.fool.com/ These folks offer up real time and usuable information for the smaller investor.

Finally, stop believing the hype that you have to be loaded to be in the stock market. You do not have to be loaded, just intelligent. The biggest mistake that people make when they invest in stocks is, they simply don't understand one very important key issue. The single share of stock is a little peice of Ownership in a Company. It's not a gamble, either you know the business the company is in and you believe it will grow, or you find one that you think fits that standard. Most of the medium to large size brokerage houses offer free research information. Don't be bashfull, ask for it, they are happy to show you.

All said and done, successfull investment is not a gamble. It requires a huge amount of research and understanding of the stock you are considering purchasing. A  business exist to make a profit and grow. The lottery exist only to take your money. There is no correlation between the two if one does their homework.

One other note, the stock market is swayed by the effects of a lot of different issues, ranging from the Iraq war to how much profit was reported to Consumer spending as well as a huge multitude of items that I simply could not list. The enviroment will never sway how the numbers are drawn.