Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IL LL subscription winner

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I usually check the IL website winners page to see how many people won and where the tickets were sold.  They also note how many subscription winners there were. 

For those not familiar with subscription playing, you can send the lottery a check for 3, 6, or 12 months play on your picks.  Smaller prizes are accumulated during that period and you receive a check at the end of it.  4 of 5 and jackpots are paid right away.

I have never seen a subscription winner win the jackpot.  Last night one did for $290,000.  Guess what?  It was a quick pick!  I find it unusual that someone would purchase tickets for that length of time and get quick picks, don't you?  What if they were lousy quick picks?  You're stuck with them.

If you play quick picks maybe it's a good idea to play the same ones for awhile??? 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2006, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

NY briefly had a subscription for Take Five, which I had but only won free plays. I got a partial refund since the game expanded to four nights a week before my plan ran out.

NY needs to allow subscription play for Mega Millions-the only game you can play for a year at a time in NY has a 38%-40% payout, worst in the country, if not the world.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10355 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2006, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Rick G

I didn't even know you could do that with a subscription ticket.

So much for the theory that when you play a subscription ticket,, or even a multi-draw ticket, you're 'programming' the lotto for what numbers not to be drawn!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2006, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Rick G

I didn't even know you could do that with a subscription ticket.

So much for the theory that when you play a subscription ticket,, or even a multi-draw ticket, you're 'programming' the lotto for what numbers not to be drawn!

Coin Toss, 

Big Grin

When they start programming our numbers not to be drawn, they'll lose a whole lot of business won't they?

So far, IL seems to take their lottery players seriously.  Glad I live and play here and can concentrate my conspiracy theories elsewhere. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).