Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Man Claims Mega Millions Jackpot

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2006, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Back to Local News

Georgia Man Claims Mega Millions Jackpot

The winner of the $163,000,000 grand prize from the latest Mega Millions lotto drawing is a 52-year-old maintenance man for the Bainbridge Housing Authority. Ben Chason selected the cash option and -- after federal and state taxes -- will go home with about $66,000,000. He accepted his check this morning at Georgia Lottery headquarters in downtown Atlanta. The drawing was Friday.

Chason said he bought the winning ticket Thursday at Stop-N-Buy convenience store in Bainbridge. He said he usually buys two Mega Millions tickets a week. When asked if he will continue working for the housing authority, Chason replied "I'm retired.'' In addition to the grand prize winner, 13 players matched all five numbers but NOT the Mega Ball number. They will receive second prizes of $250,000 each.

The winning numbers from Friday night's drawing were: six, 26, 33, 39 and 55. The Mega Ball number was one. The next drawing is tomorrow with a jackpot of $12 million

I was glad to see a regular blue-collar small town guy win a large jackpot.  Hope he can stay down to earth and not pull a Jack Whittaker. Congratulations on your win!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4529 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2006, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

WOW ! I m surprised that the person came forth so quickly to claim. Usually the Lottery will even *suggest* they seek financial advise and legal advise before making claim.

Glad to see it was a single ticket holder and not a group!

Its impressive that he didnt play alot of money to win! Bravo and enjoy that extra retirement money!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5123 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2006, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

WOW ! I m surprised that the person came forth so quickly to claim. Usually the Lottery will even *suggest* they seek financial advise and legal advise before making claim.

Glad to see it was a single ticket holder and not a group!

Its impressive that he didnt play alot of money to win! Bravo and enjoy that extra retirement money!

WOW......................................

IT seems to ME everyone on LOTTERY POST is "SHOCKED" that a

hay$eed from Bainbridge, Georgia would win MEGA MILLION with

a stupid QUICK-PICK????????????????????????????????????????

DID any of you put out a CONGRAT$$$$$

to this...........................................................................................

"Quick-Pick"...man

Just remember................"HE" WON & put money in BANK!!!!!

For many years, I've.......said play (include) QUICK-PICK$$$$$$$$

in your SELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5123 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2006, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

MEGA MILLION............players,

..>SHOCKED<!!

outta their mind$$$$$$$$$$$$$

can't finger out how "WIN"$$$$

CoffeeCoffeeHit With StickNo Pity!BashLurkingSmashRant  

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2006, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Was watching the news this morning when they had the guy on accepting the giant check. I thought it was kind of nice that one of his plans was to help (I think he said) nephew build a new church. And you have to love how he described reading his ticket. Like myself, first thing I look for is to see if I got the big ball. When he saw that, then the next number, he thought he only got a few dollars.

I think I personally would had to have been rushed to the hospital if I ever hit anything that big (yeah...just make the check out to the Hospital after I have my heart attack). At least that would be my luck.

Have fun all,

Sir Metro

Maryland
            United States
            Member #35590
            March 20, 2006
            185 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2006, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I say the following with all hope that I will be wrong:

This guy is going to go through this money like knife through butter.....it is going to be stolen from him and wasted by him......and all the family and friends begging he is going to give big time....even his nephew will get in on the action of bleeding him dry and this is how it will work:

Mr. Carson to his nephew: "Here you go take this $5 mill and build you a church."

Nephew to Mr. carson: "Com'on uncle...this can only build a small church...you can afford a little bit more...afterall I am doing the Lord's work and he is going to bless you for it. You got $63mill....and all you can give the lord is $5mill?"

DIAMOND RAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              STONE MOUNTAIN GA.
              United States
              Member #6120
              August 7, 2004
              175 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2006, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

The good news is that he'll be helping toward build another church we need all the prayer we can get.    GOD  BLESS.....................                                                                            DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CAN FIND THE  NUMBERS THAT FELL THE MOST IN THE CASH 3 OR ANY OF THE GAMES FOR THAT MATTER IN    GEORGIA ?     " SIR METRO"  I THINK YOUR TOPS IN THAT FIELD.  PLEASE HELP 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: September 19, 2006, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Was watching the news this morning when they had the guy on accepting the giant check. I thought it was kind of nice that one of his plans was to help (I think he said) nephew build a new church. And you have to love how he described reading his ticket. Like myself, first thing I look for is to see if I got the big ball. When he saw that, then the next number, he thought he only got a few dollars.

I think I personally would had to have been rushed to the hospital if I ever hit anything that big (yeah...just make the check out to the Hospital after I have my heart attack). At least that would be my luck.

Have fun all,

Sir Metro

SirMetro,

The "heart attack thing" you mentioned is not that uncommon among older males who are sudden winners of big prizes. 

I once was at the race track and was waiting in line to cash a winning ticket after the last race and the man in front of me was excited that he just won a $10,000 trifecta. He collapsed on the floor moments later of a heart attack.  Help arrived immediately and I believe he made it through it OK, but it was pretty freaky.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).