Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pain killers Crackdown & the lottery...

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2006, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Guys i was looking at a program 20/20 last night and they were talking about the latest craze on the streets. And that it is pain killer drugs that they try and sell on the streets..Robbers go to pharmacies demanding pain killers...The program show how authorities were cracking down on these people and how they were given them from months to a couple of years..And as i watch that i couldn't help but to think, if they are cracking down on some stupid pills (well actually they weren't that stupid pills because some of them have caused death), what made you think they will not crack down on people who can crack the lottery...

Like, what if I (or a LP member or someone) created a kick ass wheel or system too good to be true. For example (and i consider this the lottery holygrail) if someone made a pick4 or pick5 wheel that is size 28-30 that guarantees let's say 30 or 40 3/4 or 3/5 tickets (i know there is no wheel like that but you never know plus none of us will know for they will not sell it to us) and played it in Kentucky Cash ball..that will be like 2,000 X 4 (times that it plays a week, i think) X 52 weeks in the year...Exactly you will made more money than hitting Powerball 5/5 + 0 and that will be like very year if you abuse it...And here is my point...If you used a wheel like that every once in a while then i dont' see a problem with that, but if you use it very often and you abuse it, then it becomes more like "STEALING" because the risk is i'll say less than 4% and the guarantee is more like 95%...

What i'll like to point out is when is it stealing and when is it playing smart..Where do you draw the line...Like if a bet had 70% risk and 20% guarantee then is gambling, but if it has 30% risk and 70% guarantee then is betting or more line investing with risk...

So the question is if the govt. went after "PAIN KILLER" something so trivial (i mean there are more things to worry about than painkillers, like real drugs, unsolved murders, robbings, etc) wouldn't they go after someone theoretically speaking "stealing" even if you don't see it that way.Perhaps we may not see it that way but they might do...

I think this is something to think about...

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31349 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2006, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

i'm on my first cup of coffee - so maybe i misunderstood you.  are you saying robbing pharmacies is trivial?

love to nibble those micey feet.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

no robbing pharmacies is not trivial but cracking down on people that sell pain killers is (to me)...(there are more important things to worry about)...marihuana i understand but pain killers?When we got women been strangled all the time...YOu know how piss off i am evertime i heard a women been strangled or brutally killed by some maniac..just watch Nancy Grace on Cnn everyday...Cracking on people that sell pain killers signals to me that the authorities have nothing else to do....I couldn't help but to chuckle at the news...How come i never heard of a guy getting strangled..

"...MOre important than winning all the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"...."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23264 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

no robbing pharmacies is not trivial but cracking down on people that sell pain killers is (to me)...(there are more important things to worry about)...marihuana i understand but pain killers?When we got women been strangled all the time...YOu know how piss off i am evertime i heard a women been strangled or brutally killed by some maniac..just watch Nancy Grace on Cnn everyday...Cracking on people that sell pain killers signals to me that the authorities have nothing else to do....I couldn't help but to chuckle at the news...How come i never heard of a guy getting strangled..

"...MOre important than winning all the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"...."

It seems to me that you have a lot more spare time on your hands than the police do.

Your "Red Planet" comment is especially revealing about yourself.  That crackpot movie about the human race being created by Martians who spread their DNA here is pretty far out.  Calling it "important" is interesting....

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8361 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2006, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

you can't crack the lottery with any wheel on a regular basis.

even if you could it wouldn't be stealing it would be winning they are protected in so many ways. Take in way more than they pay out every day.

The lottery has plenty of bucks if anybody is stealing money it's the lottery not the customers.

The lottery is the biggest money making scam ever invented.

Pain pills and the lottery have nothing in common. except for the fact that people lose so much they might be tempted to take a pain pill to rid themselves of mental pain for being so foolish as to spend so much money and going broke trying to win an almost unbeatable game.

We have hundreds of posters on here that post numbers for the big games Mega powerball and all types pick 5/6 games. How many times have they won all 5/6 numbers. Only a hand full won once. On pick 5/6 keno. No poster has admitted to having won the jackpot for mega or powerball. Except a few crazed people who concocted erroneous stories.

Here is what the lottery is about playing a set of numbers or buying a quick pick and winning once, then taking that money and making wise investments and living off the interest. Only a fraction of the population will ever achieve this goal. You could spend a million dollars in your lifetime on jackpot game like mega or powerball and never win a jackpot.

Try and get this through your head there is no system that can win a jackpot game repeatedly. If there was you would hear about it, because that person would make the news. having won so many times as to draw attention to themselves.

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: September 23, 2006, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

lottery games of pick 5 to have set limits on what they payout.

Jackpot games are pari-mutuel.

Some  states are pari-mutuel in pick 3 and 4.

Those states not pari-mutuel in pick 3 and 4 that start paying out on an above average basis would not take long to go to pari-mutuel.

Lotteries can care less who wins.
            They may question why you win so much as an individual as they are curious to how you win so much.

I seen a post by someone on a software site that said he is known on a first name basis at the lottery office when he cashes in his pick 4 tickets.

MAGA

Coastal Georgia
              United States
              Member #2653
              October 30, 2003
              1866 Posts
              Posted: September 23, 2006, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

It seems to me that you have a lot more spare time on your hands than the police do.

Your "Red Planet" comment is especially revealing about yourself.  That crackpot movie about the human race being created by Martians who spread their DNA here is pretty far out.  Calling it "important" is interesting....

I Agree!  Pump, I'm waiting for the first post of yours that makes sense..

You apparently do have way too much time on your hands.... 

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2006, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Guys i was looking at a program 20/20 last night and they were talking about the latest craze on the streets. And that it is pain killer drugs that they try and sell on the streets..Robbers go to pharmacies demanding pain killers...The program show how authorities were cracking down on these people and how they were given them from months to a couple of years..And as i watch that i couldn't help but to think, if they are cracking down on some stupid pills (well actually they weren't that stupid pills because some of them have caused death), what made you think they will not crack down on people who can crack the lottery...

Like, what if I (or a LP member or someone) created a kick ass wheel or system too good to be true. For example (and i consider this the lottery holygrail) if someone made a pick4 or pick5 wheel that is size 28-30 that guarantees let's say 30 or 40 3/4 or 3/5 tickets (i know there is no wheel like that but you never know plus none of us will know for they will not sell it to us) and played it in Kentucky Cash ball..that will be like 2,000 X 4 (times that it plays a week, i think) X 52 weeks in the year...Exactly you will made more money than hitting Powerball 5/5 + 0 and that will be like very year if you abuse it...And here is my point...If you used a wheel like that every once in a while then i dont' see a problem with that, but if you use it very often and you abuse it, then it becomes more like "STEALING" because the risk is i'll say less than 4% and the guarantee is more like 95%...

What i'll like to point out is when is it stealing and when is it playing smart..Where do you draw the line...Like if a bet had 70% risk and 20% guarantee then is gambling, but if it has 30% risk and 70% guarantee then is betting or more line investing with risk...

So the question is if the govt. went after "PAIN KILLER" something so trivial (i mean there are more things to worry about than painkillers, like real drugs, unsolved murders, robbings, etc) wouldn't they go after someone theoretically speaking "stealing" even if you don't see it that way.Perhaps we may not see it that way but they might do...

I think this is something to think about...

OogleNow you guys know that there are posts like this that make "The LP" so special.  You either have your tongue in your cheek, moving you head from side to side in disbelief or laughing out loud.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He may be onto something that is brilliant and make billions of dollars when we thought he just needed  to watch TV programs where thinking is not required.

takeemtothebank

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: September 23, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

i'll have to read this in a lil while pumpi.let the vicodin kick in and then i can make sense of it all.once the euphoria of the moment kicks in we will all be full of numbers bliss.no rush limbaugh required.....

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: September 23, 2006, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Todd I will not explain my quotes, but i just put them there so that others can read them. I don't expect lottery post to understand or make sense of my quotes.  Todd you got the movie wrong though: that movie you are describing is "mission to mars" the movie i am talking about is "Red Planet" with Val Kilmer..Yes, i used to confuse the two movies sometimes...

Someone Said: "Lotteries can care less who wins.
                    They may question why you win so much as an individual as they are curious to how you win so much."

I disagree with that statement..

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23264 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2006, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Todd I will not explain my quotes, but i just put them there so that others can read them. I don't expect lottery post to understand or make sense of my quotes.  Todd you got the movie wrong though: that movie you are describing is "mission to mars" the movie i am talking about is "Red Planet" with Val Kilmer..Yes, i used to confuse the two movies sometimes...

Someone Said: "Lotteries can care less who wins.
                      They may question why you win so much as an individual as they are curious to how you win so much."

I disagree with that statement..

My bad on the Mars movie!

(I didn't think the other one was all that great either.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: September 23, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76 wrote: 

<snip> 

If you used a wheel like that every once in a while then i dont' see a problem with that, but if you use it very often and you abuse it, then it becomes more like "STEALING" because the risk is i'll say less than 4% and the guarantee is more like 95%...

<snip> 

While I would take exception to the word "abuse", I would have point out that gov'ts and courts have, in the past, made "crimes" out of certain activities, or against certain people (individual or groups). Courts have ruled that certain people cannot serve on boards of public companies, or cannot use the internet, or live within a certain distance of a school or playground, or vote, or own property, etc.

As far as your question of where to draw the line...

Ultimately, the line is wherever the guys with the goons with the guns decide it is.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.