Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

There will continue to be performance issues today...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rubi 311.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2006, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure most of you noticed the site down for several hours today. I posted a message saying that I have identified a database issue, and I'm working to resolve it.  The issue may be a cause of some quirkiness that we've all been experiencing over the past couple of weeks.

It looks like is is going to take a long time to run the processes necessary to clean up the problem -- we're talking it could take 24 hours of processing with no other load on the database.

So, rather than taking the site down for 24 hours straight, I thought it would be better to keep the web site up while the process is running, which results in a slower web site, but at least it's up.

By doing this, the cleanup process will also take much longer, which means that there may be performance issues for the next couple of days.  *Sigh*

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Lottery Queen's avatar - Animation2
    Watch Blinking #
    United States
    Member #34411
    March 3, 2006
    11689 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure most of you noticed the site down for several hours today. I posted a message saying that I have identified a database issue, and I'm working to resolve it.  The issue may be a cause of some quirkiness that we've all been experiencing over the past couple of weeks.

It looks like is is going to take a long time to run the processes necessary to clean up the problem -- we're talking it could take 24 hours of processing with no other load on the database.

So, rather than taking the site down for 24 hours straight, I thought it would be better to keep the web site up while the process is running, which results in a slower web site, but at least it's up.

By doing this, the cleanup process will also take much longer, which means that there may be performance issues for the next couple of days.  *Sigh*

Ok Thank You!

It's Not How Many Numbers You Post, But If You Can  Post The Right One's To Fall!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd!

takeemtothebank

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31339 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

thanks for letting us know.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2006, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks,Todd,for always keeping us in the know and for doing such a wonderful job here! Don't let it get you "down", even if the site is at times. We'll all still be here, I'm sure!

Rubi 311's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
            Illinois
            United States
            Member #40207
            May 29, 2006
            2024 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2006, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all your hard work Todd !