Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Workouts for PB,MM,jackpot and pick5 games

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19823 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Everyone have seen a workout for pick3 and pick4 games but what about a workout for PowerBall, MegaMillions or some other jackpot or pick5 games?  In last night's PB challenge  bitrunner won the ch allege by picking 4or5 of the winning numbers.  He said he avoided numbers that had been drawn in the previous 11 drawings and that got me thinking.  Actually the 4 winning numbers hadn't been in the last 17 drawings and it happen once before since the PB matrix changed.  Using such parameters to pick numbers to play reduced the number pool to 13 and 17 for the times that 4of5 was in the group.  When ever you have 5 of the numbers in a group of 15 or smaller for those games, you are going to win some money.

These are the PB drawings that I referred to: 
09/30/06 - 06 15 30 32 39    +05
02/01/06 - 11 13 30 35 55    +37

Actually that's too simple for a workout, but it is a start.  Good luck jackpot game players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19823 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2006, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

1      09/29/06  03 25 43 45 55    40
        3 ----------------------------------------
    3       09/19/06  02 19 44 45 56    43
    4      09/15/06  06 26 33 39 55     01     4
        4 ----------------------------------------
    5       09/12/06  03 16 25 30 44    42    5
        5 ----------------------------------------
                 1/ 1    1/ 2    2/ 3    4/ 5    5/ 7

It's the above observation of the last MegaMillions winning numbers that also makes me think it possible to have a workout for jackpot games.  Notice that all the winning numbers hit in the previous 5 drawings and their distribution.  This has happened in the MM game several times and with bitrunner observations of the PB game I'm thinking there are some patterns in these games that can be exploited. 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2006, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Yes,RJOH,the patterns are there but it's difficult enough making systems for pick 3, let alone pick 5 and 6 games. I think that's why most people don't attempt it. I have tried myself and will continue to do so for these games but I haven't any yet that are worth posting here.

Have you taken a look at SirMetro's -40 system? I really like that one and know it has potential. I'm working on something using his system combined with something else. Will post when I feel it's up to par.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2006, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! lottolaughs,
        I agree it may be too much to have a work out for all jackpot games.  I'm starting to think  each game even though similar is unique and has its own characteristics.  Another member who has been working on something similar for PowerBall PM me that he had never seen a similar pattern with PB so maybe I will just confine my efforts to MM since it is played in Ohio.  I'm not familiar with SirMetro's -40 system, I thought his systems were for pick3 and pick4 games.  I've never had any interest in those games.

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2006, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

If you have time, take a look at SirMetro's on the pick 5 forum,it's pretty cool. I realized when I tried to use the same formulas I do for Superlotto here in CA. (6/47) that they didn't work at all for the MegaMillions when they added that game here. That's a tough cookie to beat, I tell you. I think once you get past 50 numbers it's anybody's ballgame. Just too many.

I never had any interest in pick 3 either until lately. To me, it feels like at least you have a little more control over it. With those jackpot games, it's more like an untamed animal that's all over the place and hard to corral. There's got to be a way, I'm sure. Believe me, I will keep trying and studying. Maybe it's time to pick up a new leash while I'm at it to bring 'em on home!   LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19823 Posts
            Posted: October 4, 2006, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

According to SirMetro when he tried his SkipPattern approach with PowerBall and MegaMillions, he had 3of5 winning numbers but only 2of5 on any lines.  I didn't do any better when I tried my theory with the last MM drawing but I got lucky and had a Mega ball with one of the 2of5 lines in 20 lines. LOL

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

According to SirMetro when he tried his SkipPattern approach with PowerBall and MegaMillions, he had 3of5 winning numbers but only 2of5 on any lines.  I didn't do any better when I tried my theory with the last MM drawing but I got lucky and had a Mega ball with one of the 2of5 lines in 20 lines. LOL

I was just looking at some of your Ohio games and wow! You guys don't have much to choose from, do you? 5 out of 99? And what's with that Kicker? No wonder you're kind of stuck with MegaMillions, you don't have a more tradional 6/49. Just the Rolling Cash. Do you ever play that one or are you going for the big one only?

Did you try the pi thing with your numbers? It's on Cashman's thread, I believe.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I use two, self developed, workouts for Texas Cash5, Pick6 Lotto and Mega Millions. While they are easy to use, describing how they were developed and maintained is not. 

I can't brag about any big wins, but I do have a pretty consistent winning record with Cash 5.

I'd like to share my "organized guesswork" schemes, but it can't be done with one or two posts. It would take a series of posts, including a few needed to present basic framework, whys and wherefores, etc.

It would be a challenge, but I'm willing to give it try, if there are enough folks interested. Constructive  feedback would be desired.

Let me say that I believe lotteries are random events. However, anyone who maintains lottery histories, statistics knows that there are ways to make the randomness make sense. Trends are obvious and there are ways to make the 'guesswork' less of a chore.

All of the workups, systems, schemes, techniques, whatever you want to call them, are substitute systems.

There are many substitutes here at LP. If the authors are being honest, some are profitable. But, I suspect the majority are not.

I think it goes without saying that not all things are shared publically. That is, if there is anyone out there who has found the secret, cracked the code, or whatever, we won't be reading about it here.

I just don't believe such a system exists. Instead, I think the best we can do is find ways to produce some realistic choices. some of which will be correct over a period of time.

My systems are complex and require utmost accuracy. They are pen and paper, lots of graph paper. The data has to  be logged everday. Lot of time and effort is required, with no guarantee that any of it will produce a return.

Simply put, the systems produce some viable choices. The end result will. like all things, depend on the luck of the draw.

So, if I get some indication that there is lot of interest, I'll give it a try.

Bobby

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2006, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I use two, self developed, workouts for Texas Cash5, Pick6 Lotto and Mega Millions. While they are easy to use, describing how they were developed and maintained is not. 

I can't brag about any big wins, but I do have a pretty consistent winning record with Cash 5.

I'd like to share my "organized guesswork" schemes, but it can't be done with one or two posts. It would take a series of posts, including a few needed to present basic framework, whys and wherefores, etc.

It would be a challenge, but I'm willing to give it try, if there are enough folks interested. Constructive  feedback would be desired.

Let me say that I believe lotteries are random events. However, anyone who maintains lottery histories, statistics knows that there are ways to make the randomness make sense. Trends are obvious and there are ways to make the 'guesswork' less of a chore.

All of the workups, systems, schemes, techniques, whatever you want to call them, are substitute systems.

There are many substitutes here at LP. If the authors are being honest, some are profitable. But, I suspect the majority are not.

I think it goes without saying that not all things are shared publically. That is, if there is anyone out there who has found the secret, cracked the code, or whatever, we won't be reading about it here.

I just don't believe such a system exists. Instead, I think the best we can do is find ways to produce some realistic choices. some of which will be correct over a period of time.

My systems are complex and require utmost accuracy. They are pen and paper, lots of graph paper. The data has to  be logged everday. Lot of time and effort is required, with no guarantee that any of it will produce a return.

Simply put, the systems produce some viable choices. The end result will. like all things, depend on the luck of the draw.

So, if I get some indication that there is lot of interest, I'll give it a try.

Bobby

I, for one, would be interested. I don't believe anybody has ever cracked the code with a pick 5 or 6 game otherwise you would see the same people winning all the time. Yes, there have been those instances when a couple of people, I believe, have won the big jackpot twice but that is SO rare.

Most people who put systems on here don't make the claim that ooo, ooo, you're going to win using this! I don't get that impression, at least. How could they? If just one person uses it and it doesn't work for them, the author would be called a liar. I use everything I read on here as a learning tool, even my own "systems". They are just aids to be used in conjunction with whatever special little methods you've got in your own bag of tricks. And I appreciate all the wonderful people who share here continually and try to help everyone out, there's too many to name but you know who you are! Love This site has a very homey feeling to me and I enjoy participating in this lottery family very much!

I don't believe there is any one system that exists either that will produce results everytime,it's impossible. But I would be very curious to see what you've got going on. So count me in.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19823 Posts
                    Posted: October 4, 2006, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

bobby623,

As you can see from a previous post, my system is very simple.  I compare winning numbers with numbers drawn in the recent past. I've noticed that quite often winning numbers have hit a total of 5-7 times in the previous 10 drawings so I use that patterns/trends to pick combinations to play and I hope I have a winning combination when it happens again.  I haven't won a jackpot either but I'm always interested in what others are trying.

Evil Looking       

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: October 5, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

You might be interested in reading the posts I filed today in the Pick 4 forum.

Bobby

San Angelo, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #1097
                        January 31, 2003
                        1394 Posts
                        Posted: October 5, 2006, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Darn!

Can't type

It's the Pick 5 forum.

Sorry

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19823 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2006, 1:55 am - IP Logged

For the last two days I've been picking my combinations using parameters my system showed to be very promising 20% of the time with both MegaMillions and Ohio Rolling Cash5.  I played 15 lines and matched 3 both days with Rolling Cash5.  I posted the first 10 lines on the prediction page but Wednesday the hit was on the eleventh lines and didn't show up, however Thursday it was on the fifth line and it showed up. $10 for 15 lines if not great but it's showing promise.  I just finished picking 23 lines for MegaMillions which I'll be playing tonight.  I hope it does better than match 3.

Evil Looking