Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many different systems should you work with?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by st.germain.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #45802
August 28, 2006
335 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2006, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I am new with the LP.  It appears that many folks play multiple systems in search of a winning strategy.  I was just wondering if anyone has a rule of thumb as to how many one should play at one time?

It also appears that some systems do not work in all states which I don't understand.  In my simplistic brain it seems a number is a number and the state that draws it should not bias the draw, but what do I know?

It seems that if you play too many systems it would tend to bog you down.

I seem to be having, at least at this time some luck with the workouts that lottolaughs has recently presented.

I guess what is good today may not be good tomorrow.  It also seems that one needs to know when to change systems.  Apparently, there is a tell, that suggests that the system is cold and it is time to change.  I just don't have a feel for when that timeframe occurs.

Floridian

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19898 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2006, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I prefer to play one system and one lottery at a time, I lose less money that way.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Which game are you refering to ?

MM ?   PB ?   A state's Pick 3, 4 or 5 ?

I play PB only, and I have one 'system', but it has several different components, some of them I am dependent on 'existing' in the current set of numbers at hand, and some not.  This has caused me problems in the last 2 drawings, so I have had to go back to the basics, and that's not all bad.   This has taught me, as you said, what is good today may not be good tomorrow.

Right now I am trying to determine where the latest trend is going, the problem is, by the time you have noticed a 'trend', and have been able to nail down what you think that trend is, it's usually too late.

Oh - a number is NOT a number.   IMO 

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #46493
        September 11, 2006
        4177 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm new with LP too.  So far I've found my best results in my state with doing some simple tracking: finding single repeating singles and repeating pairs, matching them up from there. 

I'd track some numbers with lottolaughs new "222" system.  I had a couple of winning numbers this week with that system. 

Good luck!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: October 6, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Which game are you refering to ?

MM ?   PB ?   A state's Pick 3, 4 or 5 ?

I play PB only, and I have one 'system', but it has several different components, some of them I am dependent on 'existing' in the current set of numbers at hand, and some not.  This has caused me problems in the last 2 drawings, so I have had to go back to the basics, and that's not all bad.   This has taught me, as you said, what is good today may not be good tomorrow.

Right now I am trying to determine where the latest trend is going, the problem is, by the time you have noticed a 'trend', and have been able to nail down what you think that trend is, it's usually too late.

Oh - a number is NOT a number.   IMO 

Same with my system, I can analyze past drawings in many ways and use as little or as much of that information as I want to select combinations to play.

For example I can limit range of numbers, gaps, even or odd and sums by positions or for the total combination or I can allow the program to use the default settings which are recalculated each time the program loads a different data file.  I've been working on combinations profile bases on how often numbers in past combinations repeat and their distribution in their most recent drawings which can also be entered into my system.

Even though I only one set of combinations, I file the rejected ones to see if I'm rejecting winners when I check the ones I play.  Right now I'm only playing MegaMillions and Ohio Rolling Cash5.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
            United States
            Member #33372
            February 20, 2006
            1044 Posts
            Posted: October 6, 2006, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I only play one system.  It's mine, homegrown, and has yet to produce any results.

I have been reading about how awful some of the commercial systems are.  I have been considering getting some of these systems but not for the purpose of winning.  If a system is so bad it NEVER predicts a winner, then there are advantages to be taken.  Use that system to determine which numbers not to play.  If you can produce 30 number sets or lines which will not contain a winning number, then you have a system which will help reduce the odds by eliminating numbers.

Has anyone tried something akin to this?

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8795 Posts
              Posted: October 6, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

In the pick 3 game I have used many systems.

The first one I taught myself many years ago I still use.
              It is a paper and pencil system using visual analysis to pick the numbers.
              I also use my first system to narrow down my picks from a larger list obtained from my software tracking.

The  last 3 years or so. give or take a year I have been a software tracker of the pick 3 and 4 game.
              With software tracking I look for the odds of probability in the past draw data that I am searching.
              I have experimented with many ways of tracking the 3 and 4 game. I now use maybe 2 or 3 tracking systems in my software.
              One system is now my priority system wich I now use to post weekly data for S.C.
              That is posting of exact order pairs and lottery numbers in groups.

Type

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                chicago ill.
                United States
                Member #3600
                February 4, 2004
                337 Posts
                Posted: October 7, 2006, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I prefer to play one system and one lottery at a time, I lose less money that way.

I agree!