Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 11:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

50/50 on NC Pick 3

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Bryan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Greensboro, North Carolina
United States
Member #1616
June 5, 2003
1288 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

I think they made a boo boo with the game slip. In order to play 50/50 you have to check off the 50 cent square and not the $1.00 square. People in NC who are used to playing the Virginia Pick 3 do the opposite. The pamphlet clearly states that 50/50 can only be played for a dollar. Logicly a person would take that as meaning to mark the $1.00 play square but the computor won't accept it unless the 50 cent square is marked off.  Opinions ? How are other states set up for 50/50 ? What square do you all mark off when playing 50/50.  $1.00 or 50 cents?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    50995 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2006, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I think they made a boo boo with the game slip. In order to play 50/50 you have to check off the 50 cent square and not the $1.00 square. People in NC who are used to playing the Virginia Pick 3 do the opposite. The pamphlet clearly states that 50/50 can only be played for a dollar. Logicly a person would take that as meaning to mark the $1.00 play square but the computor won't accept it unless the 50 cent square is marked off.  Opinions ? How are other states set up for 50/50 ? What square do you all mark off when playing 50/50.  $1.00 or 50 cents?

What is 50/50?

United States
      Member #1616
      June 5, 2003
      1288 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

What is 50/50?

50/50 is the option that is given on the playslip where you can play a number for 50 cent any order and 50 cent exact.

NBey6's avatar - xmas money.jpg
        $$ Moneymaker $$

United States
        Member #4290
        April 9, 2004
        16835 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Reddog,

Thanks for bringing this up. I went to 2 different lottery retailers and both of the clerks did not know what to do because I tried it both ways (.50 exact and .50 any/50/50 $1.00 square) to get the 50/50 option and the computer still rejected my payslip.

Plus I was told by a clerk that you must mark the advance play box for the day you are playing. That box is suppose to be if I want to skip from today to another day of the week, after today, right?!

"I Am Realistic. I Expect Miracles."  - Dr. Wayne Dyer -

1:56, 4:05, 6:18, 8:35

Clover Thumbs Up 

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          50995 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

50/50 is the option that is given on the playslip where you can play a number for 50 cent any order and 50 cent exact.

OK: $.50 Straight, $.50 Boxed!

So you can only bet Straight & Boxed one-time?

If you play at a Lottery Terminal in NJ and if you use a betslip and mark $1.00 Straight & Boxed, You get a $2 ticket ($1 Straight & $1 Boxed).

United States
            Member #1616
            June 5, 2003
            1288 Posts
            Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Plus I was told by a clerk that you must mark the advance play box for the day you are playing. That box is suppose to be if I want to skip from today to another day of the week, after today, right

No, because I played 5 easy picks for my wife but what I had to do was mark the 50 cent square and not the $1.00 square.

I would like to add on a side note that that crash course that these clerks were given prior to all these games starting up last March isn't hitting on much. I have ran come across some clueless clerks in the past month.Unhappy

United States
              Member #33085
              February 18, 2006
              744 Posts
              Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Reddog.  Someone needs to explain this to the store clerks.  Because the 2 stores that I went to the clerks did not understand how it worked or what to do.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8795 Posts
                Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

S. Carolina

Mark the $1.00 box and then mark the str/box

Type

United States
                  Member #1616
                  June 5, 2003
                  1288 Posts
                  Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

OK: $.50 Straight, $.50 Boxed!

So you can only bet Straight & Boxed one-time?

If you play at a Lottery Terminal in NJ and if you use a betslip and mark $1.00 Straight & Boxed, You get a $2 ticket ($1 Straight & $1 Boxed).

Raven, thank you for you input.

United States
                    Member #1616
                    June 5, 2003
                    1288 Posts
                    Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

S. Carolina

Mark the $1.00 box and then mark the str/box

Jap69, thank you for your input.

Ok, heard from SC and Jersey.   I already know about Virginia.  How about Georgia and Fla. and CA and NY ? 

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      50995 Posts
                      Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Reddog.  Someone needs to explain this to the store clerks.  Because the 2 stores that I went to the clerks did not understand how it worked or what to do.

It's no wonder because the Store Clerks are Trained on the Operation of the Lottery Machines, not how to fill out the bet slips.

linflythe's avatar - bigears
                        North West, GA
                        United States
                        Member #12582
                        March 17, 2005
                        13 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2006, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

In GA,  you have to mark $1 to get a .50 cents st8 and .50 cents box ticket you pay $1, otherwise you  have to mark and separate each

In TX, if you mark $1 you get a $1 st8 and a $1 box ticket and pay $2, if you mark .50 cents you get .50 cents st8 and .50 box and pay $1

Can't remember how I played in LA  and MS, while there.

Being from NC originally, I believe every state has it's own unique style though.  Like in VA we say 50/50, but here in GA we say str8/box.

Hope this helps.

United States
                          Member #1616
                          June 5, 2003
                          1288 Posts
                          Posted: October 8, 2006, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

In GA,  you have to mark $1 to get a .50 cents st8 and .50 cents box ticket you pay $1, otherwise you  have to mark and separate each

In TX, if you mark $1 you get a $1 st8 and a $1 box ticket and pay $2, if you mark .50 cents you get .50 cents st8 and .50 box and pay $1

Can't remember how I played in LA  and MS, while there.

Being from NC originally, I believe every state has it's own unique style though.  Like in VA we say 50/50, but here in GA we say str8/box.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the input. Aparently States are different.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                            Mid-Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #644
                            August 31, 2002
                            4271 Posts
                            Posted: October 8, 2006, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Reddog,

Thanks for bringing this up. I went to 2 different lottery retailers and both of the clerks did not know what to do because I tried it both ways (.50 exact and .50 any/50/50 $1.00 square) to get the 50/50 option and the computer still rejected my payslip.

Plus I was told by a clerk that you must mark the advance play box for the day you are playing. That box is suppose to be if I want to skip from today to another day of the week, after today, right?!

In Missouri. You mark the str/box checkbox and then the $1 checkbox. It automatically makes it .50 for straight and 50 for box. If you mark the straight only checkbox and the box only checkbox and mark the $1 checkbox. It will charge you $2. $1 dollar on the str. and $1 on the box.

We don't have an advance box. That would be a cool feature. We have multi-play, but that is not the same thing...I would say your advance box would default to next available game if not marked. That only makes sense.

Best of Luck,

Bryan  :)