Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winthelotto.com

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ilovecash.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ilovecash's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
Superior Twp
United States
Member #45785
August 28, 2006
30 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2006, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

what is everyone's opinion about this site? should read his comments(Tom cat)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3114 Posts
    Posted: October 12, 2006, 12:02 am - IP Logged

It isn't a site at all. It is a parked domain the web host has loaded with ad links. Did you visit the site before posting the link and if so why did you bother?  BobP

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: October 12, 2006, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

It isn't a site at all. It is a parked domain the web host has loaded with ad links. Did you visit the site before posting the link and if so why did you bother?  BobP

BobP

Keep me straight.  I thought a parked domain was a domain registered with the InterNIC (therefore reserved) but is not active for web site or e-commerce services.  It offers a way to have a domain sitting on ready until the owner is ready to use it.  I did not know the web host could load it up with junk.  The reason why I say this is that you have to pay a reduced rate for its availability.  However, you do pay something.  It reminds me of putting your telephone land line on vacation rate.

Heck I am probably wrong.  If this is correct the web host sure gets a lot of bang for his buck.

Floridian 

Superior Twp
        United States
        Member #45785
        August 28, 2006
        30 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2006, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Yes i've visited many times, he offers his newsletter with pick 3 or 4 digit for the MI lottery, you have to goto the free forum called the "Cat House" and read his various posts. He charges $2.00 per week for the newsletter and another $5.00 if you want to goto the private forum.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2006, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

BobP is right.  That's just a junk domain.  It was registered by somebody, but not used.

Domain registrars create domain parking pages, which they use to collect money from people stumbling upon the website.  It is a cottage industry that apparently makes some good money.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
            Member #45802
            August 28, 2006
            335 Posts
            Posted: October 12, 2006, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

BobP is right.  That's just a junk domain.  It was registered by somebody, but not used.

Domain registrars create domain parking pages, which they use to collect money from people stumbling upon the website.  It is a cottage industry that apparently makes some good money.

Todd:

I am still curious.  Does the person who registered it pay only a one time price or do they have to continue to pay a small amount every so often?  I thought the registered party still had some say over how it is used.

Floridian

United States
              Member #45802
              August 28, 2006
              335 Posts
              Posted: October 12, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

Sorry for my previous post, I think I answered my own question.  Apparently, SEDO lets the registered party have the name for free with the understanding they can put what they want on it.  Also it appears SEDO acts as a broker to sell Domain names to the highest bidder when the registered party no longer cares about it.  Boy you are not kidding when you say that it is a cottage industry.  This seems like a win win all the way around.

Floridian   

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31549 Posts
                Posted: October 12, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

i know who tom cat is - are u sure you have the right winthelotto?

love to nibble those micey feet.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  51255 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2006, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

It helps if you know the difference between:

Dot Com & Dot Net!

Thanks for the heads up Emily!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23352 Posts
                    Posted: October 12, 2006, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

I am still curious.  Does the person who registered it pay only a one time price or do they have to continue to pay a small amount every so often?  I thought the registered party still had some say over how it is used.

Floridian

Someone who buys a name has to renew it every year.  You can buy multi-year contracts as well, which makes the per-year price lower.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Superior Twp
                      United States
                      Member #45785
                      August 28, 2006
                      30 Posts
                      Posted: October 12, 2006, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

yes sorry folks, winthelotto.net

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
                        Redford/MI
                        United States
                        Member #3396
                        January 18, 2004
                        4867 Posts
                        Posted: October 13, 2006, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Well, I have got something to say about this site.  and fyi: it's winthelotto.net

I use to love this site (specifically for MI) until the ole TC got a wiff of too much catnip & thought he could tell me where I could & could not post. 

There was some theory behind it--but you can get the theory here for free. 

I think he still gives you a month free to try it or 2weeks or something.  I really never paid because of these monthly contests that we had.  Usually I would win a free month every month. 

L ttaL   T

Superior Twp
                          United States
                          Member #45785
                          August 28, 2006
                          30 Posts
                          Posted: October 13, 2006, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Well, I have got something to say about this site.  and fyi: it's winthelotto.net

I use to love this site (specifically for MI) until the ole TC got a wiff of too much catnip & thought he could tell me where I could & could not post. 

There was some theory behind it--but you can get the theory here for free. 

I think he still gives you a month free to try it or 2weeks or something.  I really never paid because of these monthly contests that we had.  Usually I would win a free month every month. 

Yes he does get very touchy if he doesn't like what you say, he thinks no one else in the world can possibly use statisical data like he does to arrive at his numbers! plus he makes u pay, great scam: $13.00 monthly x # of customers = $$$ if he has just 200 its $2600 a month which is a  nice living.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                            Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #1303
                            March 27, 2003
                            1508 Posts
                            Posted: October 13, 2006, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Then why am I playing the Lotto?  Sounds like I should get me one o'them thar parky domains!

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Superior Twp
                              United States
                              Member #45785
                              August 28, 2006
                              30 Posts
                              Posted: October 15, 2006, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Tom Cat found out i was commenting about the website and made some of his own comments in reply, that's ok with me. Isn't America a great country? go TIGERS!!! he calls some of his ex customers Twits! am I too be upset? nah, I think its funny. What even funnier is he posts more on his own website than most of his current members, guess he likes to talk alot.