Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Must I have to deal with spam even on Lottery Post?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by EXCALIBUR.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #45802
August 28, 2006
335 Posts
Posted: October 12, 2006, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I received the following in my private mail box a little while ago.

This is pure bull to have to deal with this.  Someone wanting to advertise takes out a membership today and starts leaving advertisement messages bothering the good members of this board.

Man! this makes me want to go back to pencil and paper.

Floridian 

State of the art P3 program

Standard Member
Standard Member

United States
Member #47421
October 12, 2006
0 Posts
< Prev | Next >Received: Today, 4:35 pm

Hello floridian,

If you are interested in a really awesome p3 program, check this out and see what you think:

Cheers,

hellothere

*Fully automated play
*Update all games daily in minutes
*Comprehensive statistical modeling
*Key number charting
*Simulated playing
*Learn to win before using real money

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2006, 2:41 am - IP Logged

I didn't get any such emails myself.

I cliked on the link that you showed and it took me to the site, it is an Excell spreadsheet pick 3 program, but with some kind of online automatic update of it's past draws database, it seems to be a very helpfull spreadsheet program, it either makes automatic (maybe, I don't know) and or semi-automatic predictions.

How it makes them and How good it is? I don't know.

I think that the predictions are more like semi-automatic and that it's operator does need to make some choices first.

The prize is a little high, but not much if it does have the right winning tools.

What the site says has to be taken on faith as there is no demo or trial version.

I have good reason to believe that there is no money back, no matter what the site says about that.

The only real question here is:

Does the program or spreadsheet have the right winning tools?

And is it fairly easy to use by the average pick 3 gambler?

Or at least by 25% of them, as some people are just unable to use most lottery programs.

I really don't know, but perhaps I would prefer to use Ragwi's Excel spreadsheets if their past draws could be automaticaly updated.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2006, 3:40 am - IP Logged

Agree.  I've gotten some PMs, but it's rare.  If they're a nuisance, report them to Todd.  Sometimes a person will join LP for a day or 2 and post to advertise his site or lottery system for sale.  I've used the "report abuse" link a couple of time, but rarely do those spammers return, unless they use a different screen name.  I also get PMs from people who just want to ask if I am interested in joining a pool.  I just say "No thanks." I removed my email address from my profile.  As you wrote, sometimes it would be nice to go back to pencil & paper, but then how would you have met all of us these nice people?

Party

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #46493
        September 11, 2006
        4173 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2006, 4:54 am - IP Logged

I received that same PM yesterday.  I wrote back, told him I didn't appreciate the spam, and he sends me a lengthy response about what spam actually means.  I'd post it here, but it's WAY too long, and not worth reading.

I told him I had all of the resources and tools I need right here at LP.

ilovecash's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
          Superior Twp
          United States
          Member #45785
          August 28, 2006
          30 Posts
          Posted: October 13, 2006, 8:24 am - IP Logged

I got this too

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
            The Carolinas - Charlotte
            United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: October 13, 2006, 8:55 am - IP Logged

I didn't get it myself, but it appears that this person has targeted the newbies who are still trying to learn their way across the LP and may not have locked into a methodology yet. Not only that, but some newbies may be overwhelmed by the wealth of information here on LP, and therefore a spammer can prey on someone who wants a system to do it for them automatically. Regardless, it is bad that it happens.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: October 13, 2006, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Just so everyone knows what to do when a spammer starts posting their junk either on the forums or through private messaging:

• If you see a spam forum post, click the Report Abuse link on the message, but do NOT post a reply.  Replying only bumps the post to the top again.
              • If you get a private message, click the Reply button, and then put Todd in the "To" box (instead of the spammer's name), which will send it to me.  Do NOT reply to the spammer, because that only makes him think that he/she has succeeded in getting through to people.
              • Do not assume that I know about it, or that someone else has reported it.  With the first set of spam messages, even though thousands of private messages were sent, only one person told me about it.  I don't reply to every person who sends a spam report, but the deletion of the spam is confirmation that I got your report, and that I appreciated you reporting it.

I am taking steps to make it much harder for spammers to operate here.  One of them will be in place today, and will be invisible (except to a spammer, of course).  Others will follow.

In the case of the recent private messaging spam messages, I have the ability to instantly wipe out all messages sent by a person, so even though that idiot sent out more than 2,000 spam messages, once I learned about it they were all gone in about 5 seconds.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                Member #45802
                August 28, 2006
                335 Posts
                Posted: October 13, 2006, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Just so everyone knows what to do when a spammer starts posting their junk either on the forums or through private messaging:

• If you see a spam forum post, click the Report Abuse link on the message, but do NOT post a reply.  Replying only bumps the post to the top again.
                • If you get a private message, click the Reply button, and then put Todd in the "To" box (instead of the spammer's name), which will send it to me.  Do NOT reply to the spammer, because that only makes him think that he/she has succeeded in getting through to people.
                • Do not assume that I know about it, or that someone else has reported it.  With the first set of spam messages, even though thousands of private messages were sent, only one person told me about it.  I don't reply to every person who sends a spam report, but the deletion of the spam is confirmation that I got your report, and that I appreciated you reporting it.

I am taking steps to make it much harder for spammers to operate here.  One of them will be in place today, and will be invisible (except to a spammer, of course).  Others will follow.

In the case of the recent private messaging spam messages, I have the ability to instantly wipe out all messages sent by a person, so even though that idiot sent out more than 2,000 spam messages, once I learned about it they were all gone in about 5 seconds.

Todd:

As usual, you have saved the day.  I really appreciate your efforts.  Frankly, I had forgotten about the abuse process being I am still new on this board.  Bear with me, I will get better over time.

Again thanks for your continued support.

Floridian 

San Diego
                  United States
                  Member #46705
                  September 23, 2006
                  55 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2006, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

So true. The person is looking at the post count to determine who gets the spam. I noticed people with high post counts say that they haven't received the PM but people like myself with relatively new accounts have gotten the SPAM. As said before by someone here, I got everything I need on LP and I'm willing to do the research, the pen and paper betting and the workouts that lottolaughs puts up for us.  Thanks to Todd for creating such a great space and thank you to everyone who contributes to this board. I like the logical approach you guys/girls have to picking numbers and not birthdates, shoe sizes and ages.

United States
                    Member #2460
                    October 7, 2003
                    766 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2006, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/134410/606727

I was able to do that with Ricky's FreeWheeler,

I also have been able to win with some of MikeK's programs at times, but because the numbers are automaticaly predicted a person can win with them only so often, but perhaps more often that with some other ways.

Predictions should had been made with that spreadsheet first to show people how the program does, I understand that the program's user has to make prediction choices first and so that it depends a lot on how the spreadsheet is used, if used right a person might win, if not used right a person might not.

If the program provides the needed prediction tools, then a person might be able to win with it, if a person is able to use them right.

If for some reason you don't want or can't predict with it, let from 3 to 4 people make predictions with it so everybody can see what can be done with it.

They would of course have a learning period after which they should be able to use it more or less right.

Good predictions would be the best marketing strategy for it.

If the program needs to be improved in some way or ways those people would let you know.

Do take into account that not every-body plays and or wants to play online and also that the winning numbers will have to be posted here at LP some-were, for everybody to see them.

If from 3 to 4 people get the FULL program for free, then they should not mind learning how to use it and then posting with it.

Some of MIkeK's programs are good and or very good, so far all of Ricky's programs are very good. 

Let us try yours and see how it does. 

Good luck. 

Fernando.

If the program does auto-Update it's draws and or stats then it is very helpful already.