Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2017, 7:23 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Privacy Setting Available

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
24040 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2006, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

I just finished adding a new privacy setting allowing members to disable the password reminder feature on their account.  It also disables the Username reminder feature as well.

The setting should only be used if there is no chance it will be needed in the future, since not even the member will be able to obtain a password reminder once the setting is enabled.

The password/Username reminders are on the Log In page, but those who are certain that they will never forget their password might as well turn it off, since it closes a potential security risk.  (There would only be a security risk if somebody has access to your e-mail box, and could view a password reminder that they have e-mailed to you.) 

The setting to turn off password reminders is located in the E-mail Settings page (Control Panel menu).

Thanks to Lucky for the inspiration for this idea.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2006, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I just finished adding a new privacy setting allowing members to disable the password reminder feature on their account.  It also disables the Username reminder feature as well.

The setting should only be used if there is no chance it will be needed in the future, since not even the member will be able to obtain a password reminder once the setting is enabled.

The password/Username reminders are on the Log In page, but those who are certain that they will never forget their password might as well turn it off, since it closes a potential security risk.  (There would only be a security risk if somebody has access to your e-mail box, and could view a password reminder that they have e-mailed to you.) 

The setting to turn off password reminders is located in the E-mail Settings page (Control Panel menu).

Thanks to Lucky for the inspiration for this idea.

Great addition Todd.

When I saw the topic, I was hoping to find that we could either delete blog entries.. or at least make the old private..  Still hoping to see this change..

Thanks..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4066 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2006, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd.

takeemtothebank

LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
        Southeastern Ohio
        United States
        Member #13850
        April 16, 2005
        783 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2006, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Great addition Todd.

When I saw the topic, I was hoping to find that we could either delete blog entries.. or at least make the old private..  Still hoping to see this change..

Thanks..

I totally agree!

And I totally agree with this statement also:

"When I saw the topic, I was hoping to find that we could either delete blog entries.. or at least make the old private..  Still hoping to see this change"..

As we here at LP have all tried to get our feet under us and provide our contributions, etc., I am sure there are postings we had just as soon not made. Is there something about this that is so difficult to understand?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2006, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree!

And I totally agree with this statement also:

"When I saw the topic, I was hoping to find that we could either delete blog entries.. or at least make the old private..  Still hoping to see this change"..

As we here at LP have all tried to get our feet under us and provide our contributions, etc., I am sure there are postings we had just as soon not made. Is there something about this that is so difficult to understand?

I also agree.  I have a couple blog entries I would like to delete.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31615 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2006, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

thank you todd!

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4066 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2006, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Great addition Todd.

Thanks..

CoolThere are lots of good stuff in blogs.  What if I recommended to someone to search for a blog - example on being a profitable gambler or a blog of mine "keeping records" and the author decided to delete it.  You have 20 minutes to delete it.   If I was going to gain up on Todd to change a feature it would be to give us the ability to search V-Trac strings.

Besides it's nice to go back and look to see where you were and where your thinking was at that time.  I hope some of us grow.  When I do I go "Oh my God", I have grown since then.  Not because it's something I said I wish I hadn't.   Granted there are typos I wish I can fix. I say just be damn careful about what you put in it.  I don't want to take nothing back.  If I said it I meant it and if it's something stupid.  That's where I was at the time.

takeemtothebank