Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which game is better to play?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

PA Cash 5 [ 3 ]  [60.00%]
DE Multi-Win Lotto [ 2 ]  [40.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 5 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2006, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I've been looking at the pay out structures and general rules, and I'm trying to figure out which game is the better one. For the purposes of this poll, please disregard Delaware using computerized drawings.

PA Cash 5 ($1/ticket) has 39 numbers and prizes start at matching 2/5 for a $1 prize. DE Multi-Win Lotto ($2/ticket) has 35 numbers and is a multi-line lottery game with prizes starting at 3/6 on one line, 6/18 on all 3 lines, or 0/18, starting at $2 prizes (no prizes from 1/18 thru 5/18).

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

One thing I hate about the Cash 5 is that chances are you will be sharing the jackpot with others. Case in pont tonight:

3 players matched 5 of 5, each receiving $120,706.00
    258 players matched 4 of 5, each receiving $281.50
    8,380 players matched 3 of 5, each receiving $9.50
    88,599 players matched 2 of 5, each receiving $1.00

To me that is stupid considering how low of a jackpot it is. I don't think winners should have to split a jackpot unless it is much larger and it will not matter as much. This is why I rarely ever play the cash 5. I don't want to beat the odds of a $300,000 jackpot only to go home with about $75,000. Jackpot wins are usually once in a lifetime, so when I do win it I want it to be huge and just me as the winner.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2006, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Ohio Rolling Cash5 is a 5/39 game too that pays $1 for a match 2 and I think it's a great game to play when its jackpot rolls to over $150k and MM's jackpot is low.  Quite often the jackpot is won by one ticket even when the jackpot is over $200k.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Ohio Rolling Cash5 is a 5/39 game too that pays $1 for a match 2 and I think it's a great game to play when its jackpot rolls to over $150k and MM's jackpot is low.  Quite often the jackpot is won by one ticket even when the jackpot is over $200k.

I'm sure it is, but unfortuately, the Ohio border is a bit too far from Delaware. Unhappy I had asked my friend who was traveling to Ohio a month ago to pick me up a 10 draw Lot-o-Play ticket and a few $1 Spooky Loot scratch-offs, but he never did. Angry

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

As Delaware and Pennsylvania are both MUSL members, it's a shame that neither one has Hot Lotto, which would work in BOTH states as neither currently has a "classic lotto" game, despite the huge difference in populations. Did I hear that Delaware was dumping Multi-Win, or did they simply say they were looking at a new game which turns out to be a raffle?

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2006, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

As Delaware and Pennsylvania are both MUSL members, it's a shame that neither one has Hot Lotto, which would work in BOTH states as neither currently has a "classic lotto" game, despite the huge difference in populations. Did I hear that Delaware was dumping Multi-Win, or did they simply say they were looking at a new game which turns out to be a raffle?

Probably the raffle. Delaware will keep pushing MWL. Retailers I talk to say they sell very few tickets, which is noted by the lack of winners. Delaware really is too small for having it's own Pick 6, especially given that no one trusts the lottery. Bringing in Hot Lotto or even joining VA's multi-state Win for Life (despite your thoughts of the game) would fare much better than the current game. I would love to see Delaware bring in a game similar to Florida's Fantasy 5 (ball drawn preferred), but that's wishful thinking.