Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Five-year-old lottery ticket wins $100,000

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: October 18, 2006, 4:32 am - IP Logged

“I’ve had a drawer full of unregistered lottery tickets sitting in my desk for years. I was pretty slack about checking them, I just never got around to it for one reason or another.

“I was virtually going to shred them in my shredder but because I was taking some old Instant Scratchies to claim I thought I’d take the other tickets in to be checked as well. So I filled up one of those green recycled supermarket shopping bags with tickets and took them in to NSW Lotteries head office at Homebush Bay on Monday.

“The staff there were wonderful, very helpful. I just told them I had all these old jackpot lottery tickets to be checked and they helped me fill in the form.

“The next day I get the call to say ‘are you sitting down, because we’ve got some good news, one of your tickets has won $100,000’. I’m glad I took notice of the warning to sit down – it’s quite a shock.”

http://www.nswlotteries.com.au/news/index.html

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2006, 5:07 am - IP Logged

WTG on your WinParty Party Party Party

Goldrush I am Happy you donot Live in a State that have Limitations on their Tickets because in my State it is 180 Days to Claim your Winnings after that it is VOID

Goodluck To You!

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2006, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

are you serious goldrush or you just bluffing? Because if is true, then is equivalent to winning the lottery : ) you won your version of Pick5...How are you receiving the news?

What's your first thought?

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2006, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

He is just posting a story from a website.

Hey goldrush, if you live in the UK, what's with all the Australian stories? 

(insert signature here)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23267 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2006, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

JS9, those are good instincts.  He is posting from an Australia IP.

Goldrush please update your profile with your correct location.  The only hard and fast requirement here is that you enter a correct country.  There is no requirement to post a city or other more detailed info, but if you do post it, it must be accurate.  (See Rules on left.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!