Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Massachusetts' Pick4 Vs. Betslips...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2006, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Today i was looking at Ma's pick4 game and is nice and wanted to know the following...

Which one do you find easier: Massachussetts' PIck4 (numbers game) or Betslips?

Betslips: http://www.betslips.com/gameinfo_pick4.aspx 

Do you think you could have hit a Massachusetts' pick4 version in your state more often or Betslip?

Can anyone tell me what does the: first3any means on the website? does it mean first 3 in any order?http://www.masslottery.com/games/numbersgame.html

I would greatly appreciate it..

teacake58's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    AL
    United States
    Member #29698
    January 5, 2006
    1141 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2006, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

looks like the 1st 3  any mean the 1st three numbers drawn in any order

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23273 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2006, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Massachusett's game is not a regular Pick 4, it is a combination of Pick 3 and Pick 4, and is very confusing.  I have no idea why they would combine the games.  Seems to me that combining the games (a) causes fewer people to play, and (b) lowers sales from people who would normally play a full slate on each game.  Maybe Massachusetts makes so much from their scratch games that they don't care.

They other state with a non-standard Pick 4 game is New Mexico, with 4 This Way.  I actually like that variation, as many more people can win, even though the lower-tier prizes are less.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2006, 8:57 am - IP Logged

When i get to my country of origin(i've been delayed), I am going to plead with the authorities for them to put a game just like massachusetts's pick4 (or number game)...It will look good on my native country...Did you know that the country of Venezuela has a Keno (they call it kino) that's from 1-24 (i think is 24) and i think 15 numbers are selected...That too is confusiing because i don't know how it will work..but i bet those people in Venezuela must be very happy...It doesn't surpise me a  lot because gas over there is like 50 cents a gallon : )....

Through their website i can't see New mexico's pick4 tier payout...I can only see some of it...

Ma just proves that better configuration lotteries with less money going to the state and more to players can work...The question is: will any country allow it though...