Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Euromillions: How i feel

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by scottie1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2006, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I feel that Euromillions need to stop been a several european countries lotto...Why, because it pays very little...If is going to be multi-countries like the way it is right now, it needs to be a 200 million dollar lottery starting jackpot...There is a different between trying to create a multi-state lottery and trying to create a multi-countries lotteries...We are talking about countries here not states...Euromillions needs to stop paying that pathetic little money if offers across countries..I looked at this website and most of Western Europe is involved...So is more like a Continental lottery and should never, never be confused with a multi-state lottery..It should be bigger too, starting at at least 200 million dollars jackpot...I am very outrage to hear this fact...Everything that is multi-country should be bigger, and everything that's multi-state should be less...How dare they compare countries with states...Is better to have something than nothing, but it needs to change...On this one i don't care if they increase the matrix, but they need to make it a 200M starting jackpot..Sometimes i think that mega millions draws more money than Euromillions if it wasn't for the free tax part...How dare they...

Can someone please tell me that that's not the way Euromillion works, that is not a multi-countries lottery...

Also if all of Europe is going to have a pick4, they need to have a pick4 like the state of Massachusetts, the number game...

The stuff they need to be doing, they don't do; and the stuff they are doing, they don't need to be doing..

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2006, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

It pays very little? It holds the record for the biggest prize in ANY jackpot game and with odds 100 million less than Megamillions. How is that small?

Maybe you think a 200 million Powerball jackpot would be higher. Next time look at how much cash the prize is worth. That's what counts. Western European countries are much  smaller than the US in both land size and population. They would be more compared to states in population than large coutries like China or India. All participating countries have their own lotteries in addition that offer different games.

As far as a 200 million starting jackpot,  lotteries prizes are based on sales. This run should break 200 million on the 11th rollover if it can make it that far. The highest jackpot in US history only made it to 182. Saying it needs to start at 200 shows a lack of how any lottery would have to  work (sales dictating prizes). 

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2006, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, even with the "small" amounts, most guaranteed starting jackpots are overallocated too. Mega's cash jackpots don't reflect the true values based on sales until they roll at least once, and Powerball's don't until they roll at least twice (due to their minimum $5 million annuity increases).

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

It pays very little? It holds the record for the biggest prize in ANY jackpot game and with odds 100 million less than Megamillions. How is that small?

Maybe you think a 200 million Powerball jackpot would be higher. Next time look at how much cash the prize is worth. That's what counts. Western European countries are much  smaller than the US in both land size and population. They would be more compared to states in population than large coutries like China or India. All participating countries have their own lotteries in addition that offer different games.

As far as a 200 million starting jackpot,  lotteries prizes are based on sales. This run should break 200 million on the 11th rollover if it can make it that far. The highest jackpot in US history only made it to 182. Saying it needs to start at 200 shows a lack of how any lottery would have to  work (sales dictating prizes). 

...If you compare some states with European countries then yes, but that's some states (and i don't know the population of those countries, i soon find out), And even if we are talking about more population these are countries, not states, so they shouldn't be compared... And how about MegaMillions is what i was talking about, the largest jackpot of mega million was how much 315M? And to some extend the size of the population doesn't have to do anything with how big the lottery gets, is about how many people in that particular country play lottery..I am glad that each country has is individual lottery, but they need to average 4 or 5 millions without taxes...I don't know much about Euromillions but they need to increase their Jackpot to 200 million...

I think in this case they should raise the prize of each ticket to 2 dollars For Euromillions...

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich.."      "She is so  rare..."

Hull
          United Kingdom
          Member #40467
          June 2, 2006
          25 Posts
          Posted: October 23, 2006, 7:46 am - IP Logged

If you think its pays so little then don't play it,simple as that.

I play euromillions and this Friday its 113 million euros which is not to be sniffed at.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I think he's confused on both how prizes and lotteries work. Sales dictate possible prizes so sales would have to be in the hundreds of millions to support a starting pot of $200 million. That would be like saying Powerball should start at the 390 million cap. In other words just plain illogical.

Also he seems to think that a 315 million annuity is more than 200 million in cash. Also he asks the ticket price be raised to $2 US when the tickets are already $2.50 US or more in the UK.

oxford
              United Kingdom
              Member #46998
              October 13, 2006
              9 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2006, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

you have to remember that u.s.a is alot bigger than u.k. and most of the european countries put together and if i won it i would not moan about it would any of you