Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Life without Quick Picks...

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: October 26, 2006, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Have you ever thought, what will happen if quick picks hadn't been invented? I sometimes wonder how people in the 18 century(1700's) did to play lottery, a time where quick pick, I am sure, didn't exist..

What you think would happen if quick pick didn't exist? I am greatly thankful for your input...

Second question: Do you think that if quick pick hadn't been invented that they would have lowered the Powerball Matrix...

I think that if quick pick hadn't been invented Powerball odds would have been half of what it is now..YOu think so?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10356 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76

The Great Wall of China was financed with Keno. The original ticket had 80 Chinese characters from their alphabet (which has more than 50,000 characters!) and people played their names and such.

The Quick Pick came about when everything started gettting computerized and certainly increased ticket sales - "I can't pick my nose, I'll try a quick pick".

My first wife was Asian and I remember telling her to play a quick pick and she said, "Computer don't want me to win."  

Green laugh

I'm wonderig if there were lottery sales with no quick picks though. I think the first lottery was New Hampshire, maybe 1974, and soince they were using terminals, did they have quick pikcs?

The first lottery I ever played was in 1970 in Germany, The Hessen Lotto. It was a 6 /49 game that a lot of early lotteries were modeled after. I can't remember if they had quick picks or not.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2006, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Coin toss...

Guys did i mention that this post (and the next post i am posting) is for research purposes..Is for my ongoing research i am conducting...I was hoping to get opinion from experts in the field (which would be you all)..Most of my post is sheer curiosity and opinions...Seldom do i post something i consider for research...If i had lots of money i would pay each one to conduct a research, but i am not rich...Again, i am greatly thankful..