Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

P4 players ..who has tallest stack of odd/even sums?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by calabs.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2006, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Who's state has the tallest stack of odd or even sums in P4 ?

Thank you for your help tonight

Win  d 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
    Stone Mountain*Georgia
    United States
    Member #828
    November 2, 2002
    10491 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Hmmm .....

Win d    

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
      Member #27050
      November 26, 2005
      40272 Posts
      Posted: November 3, 2006, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Who's state has the tallest stack of odd or even sums in P4 ?

Thank you for your help tonight

Win  d 

WIN D - Trying to understand your question!  So to try and clarify, you're asking for a state which has the most odd or even sums, in a row, going from mid/mid and eve/eve??

Lep

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: November 3, 2006, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

WIN D - Trying to understand your question!  So to try and clarify, you're asking for a state which has the most odd or even sums, in a row, going from mid/mid and eve/eve??

That's right calabs. Thanks for asking.  It's either one or the other. No biggie

I really like to keep them separate in Pick 3 because it would force me to play both games every day if I did. When I am trapping a group.... it gives me time to re-group and study a little bit by keeping them apart. Odds wise its ok to combine if we are just consistent about it and you don't mind playing and paying 2 times a day. For me ..... I need the time.  

My thinking in P3 about playing safe and only leaning on six way numbers right after 2 or 3 doubles go by first may work with P4 too. That would be good.

Doubles hit 27% in P3 and 50% P4 .....so we would need to investigate what a safe stack is. My suspicion is its significantly taller in P4 of course. About 23% taller ..... perhaps  Who knows ?

If..... If.... we find that playing 24 way Singles numbers is safer right after we find a stack of say.... 4 or 5 high doubles it could work. We could justify the extra cost of playing a large part of the 210 singles and get a Single hit rewards that way.

Otherwise the cost of playing the singles and hitting a double negate that 100 dollar payout for a box single.  

If we played all the 210 every day..... at the very best we could hit 50% of the time. Those doubles are the problem...... or the opportunities we need.  

No doubles .... we would win 100% of the time. It appeals to me to think of it that way. Find away to work around those doubles and we could hit 100% of the time!

If we find that NJ has only had a stack of doubles say...... 8 or 9 high once a year..... I might just haul off and play a whole bunch of that Singles group that day. Probability wise..... it would be a better bet.      

Win d    

United States
          Member #27050
          November 26, 2005
          40272 Posts
          Posted: November 3, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Thanks WIN D.  I follow you now.  As it just so happens, I've been keeping a spreadsheet which tracks NJ P3 and P4 numbers since January of 2005.  From the sheet it's easy to either compile stacks of doubles, either mid to eve to mid, or mid to mid and eve to eve.  Since I color code all the doubles, they're easy to pick out, and easy to track skips of each double group (e.g. 00, 11, 22 etc.)  When I get some time, I'll do that and report back here.  Although it's easier to track mid/mid and eve/eve using the Inspector tool, I also like to track consecutive draws.  I can give the maximum stack under those conditions as well if you think it's worthwhile. 

Lep

United States
            Member #27050
            November 26, 2005
            40272 Posts
            Posted: November 6, 2006, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Haven't fogotten you WIN D!  Not much time to look at this yet....

Lep