Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

my thought on how to win on scratch off

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by oneiwilly.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
florida
United States
Member #45227
August 16, 2006
57 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2006, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

hello to all

ok if you go online to what ever state you live in, lottery website and check the scratch off status it shows how many winning tickets are left for the scratch off you play with big price pay off but here is my question lets say the win for life game in total has

only 5 winning tickets. how can you find out what stores got distribute a winning ticket out of hundreds stores in you city.and does any one know how many tickets total come in a roll. why because

then i would do the math as to how much muney i ned to buy all those tickets to garrante me a win even if i have to split it with family members

but first i have to do the home work as to what stores got a winning roll

this is just my theory i'm open for ideas and suggestions, or any input??

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3052 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2006, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

You can not find out who has winning Scratch-it tickets on their rolls.  The only the thing the lottery is going to tell you is how many tickets for that game has prizes at certain levels.  One roll or pack of tickets is usually between $200 to $300.  Your chances of finding a winning ticket on any scratch-it is like trying to find a needle in hay stack.  If you read the payouts on one roll off the lottery website it is usually less than half of what the roll cost.  I have bought rolls a few times in my life and it was over 7 years ago.  I lost on two of the rolls more than half of what the roll cost and on the last roll I bought I made $65.  Not actually swimming in the money.-weshar75

florida
      United States
      Member #45227
      August 16, 2006
      57 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2006, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

thanks for the reply but usually you will see a store with a bunch of sign on the front window claiming we had a $50.000 winner and so fourth

so i figuired if i see a store with more than 5 winning posters that i would try my luck there been that store has a big turn out as to the number off people that stop there compare to the store down the street 5 miles down??like the other day i got a respond back from the florida lottery

they email me back telling me the stores that had sold the most winning tickects for my area BUT it didn't help me.hehehe if it wasn't for bad luck

i wouldn't have any.hehehe

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
        Member #45802
        August 28, 2006
        335 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2006, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

You can not find out who has winning Scratch-it tickets on their rolls.  The only the thing the lottery is going to tell you is how many tickets for that game has prizes at certain levels.  One roll or pack of tickets is usually between $200 to $300.  Your chances of finding a winning ticket on any scratch-it is like trying to find a needle in hay stack.  If you read the payouts on one roll off the lottery website it is usually less than half of what the roll cost.  I have bought rolls a few times in my life and it was over 7 years ago.  I lost on two of the rolls more than half of what the roll cost and on the last roll I bought I made $65.  Not actually swimming in the money.-weshar75

Not only do I agree with what you are saying but I find that (speaking for my state Florida)  it seems that the heavily populated areas have more winners.

Example, I live in the western panhandle of Florida (Navarre specifically), the only big winners I hear of and I have talked to many many stores here in town are 1 or 2 $500.00 winners and maybe a $1,000.00 winner.

My God if a $10,000.00 winnner ever hits here or around this area they are talked about like they won the Lotto.

Is the fix in, who knows.  Is it important where you live, heavily populated vs. low population, who knows.  I am just relating what I see and hear.  You be the judge but what I am relating is true.

Example: a few months back someone won $8,000.00 on a scratch-off at my local Publix.  You would have thought that the MegaMillions times ten had been won.  They had signs, they talked about it for several days, blah, blah, blah.  I finally told one of the clerks that they needed to give it a rest.  After all it was only $8,000.00 and the lottery takes out $2,000.00 before they cut you a check and then you owe Uncle Sam another $1,000.00 to $2,000.00 depending on your tax bracket.  Big deal a $4 or $5,000.00 winner.  I am overcome with excitement.

Floridian

florida
          United States
          Member #45227
          August 16, 2006
          57 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2006, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

thanks floridian i live in poinciana which they call it it kissimmee i've check the florida history and kissimme has had no winners if you check the lotto

history orlando maybe no more than 4 winners in years but miami west palm beach and couple other city have big win history. but i will keep doing my homework  on the scratch off even if it is only $500 thats 500 i didn't have but problably after i spend $600. heheheheh

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3052 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2006, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

You make a valid point OneIWilly in that you should buy scratch-its from a high traffic store in your area.  Some lotteries will even have that information on their website.  But it always boils down to whether you hit a jackpot in the lottery or in any other form of gaming.  Is how you do with the chances you choose to take to get that jackpot.  Is whether or not you are a winner or loser.-weshar75

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
              North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't want to know where the winning tickets are.  If I win I want it to be a surprise.  Adds more fun to the game.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Canada
                Member #47080
                October 18, 2006
                10 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2006, 3:04 am - IP Logged

I have bought a roll recently and only made back 100 from the 150 dollars it cost me in the foist place. Now I aint saying ya cant win buy doing it (how many times have all of us hered about a big winner in a instant scratch game and said "I should have bought the roll") I think thats the bait of Instant scratchers they make ya think "if  I only bought more" this syndrome is persistent in all us Scratcher players. For instance today they had new Instant Bingo called "SUPER BINGO" its got two extra boards and five extra numbers. the odds are 1 in 2.60 Now you would think that buying 3 is a sure bet but it wasnt I lost on all 3 tickets And was pretty mad not because I dont have money to spend but because they hype the game up with better Odd's and when i played the older bingo with worse Odds I picked up 4 tickets and they was all winners . I have also studied the numbers on the bingo cards trying to see which bingo card I should buy sometimes it worked other times it didnt . I think it's all just LUCK dont get me wrong I will continue to use a system to try and make my odd's better but with Instant scratchers there aint no guarrante's. I may buy another Roll down the road but I think for the most part its sometimes just better to come at the games you play with more "its just Luck" attitude then "im gonna figure it all out" plus it hurts twice as much when ya think ya had the Odd's beat then when ya just go at it normal not expecting to much .

florida
                  United States
                  Member #45227
                  August 16, 2006
                  57 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2006, 6:44 am - IP Logged

I have bought a roll recently and only made back 100 from the 150 dollars it cost me in the foist place. Now I aint saying ya cant win buy doing it (how many times have all of us hered about a big winner in a instant scratch game and said "I should have bought the roll") I think thats the bait of Instant scratchers they make ya think "if  I only bought more" this syndrome is persistent in all us Scratcher players. For instance today they had new Instant Bingo called "SUPER BINGO" its got two extra boards and five extra numbers. the odds are 1 in 2.60 Now you would think that buying 3 is a sure bet but it wasnt I lost on all 3 tickets And was pretty mad not because I dont have money to spend but because they hype the game up with better Odd's and when i played the older bingo with worse Odds I picked up 4 tickets and they was all winners . I have also studied the numbers on the bingo cards trying to see which bingo card I should buy sometimes it worked other times it didnt . I think it's all just LUCK dont get me wrong I will continue to use a system to try and make my odd's better but with Instant scratchers there aint no guarrante's. I may buy another Roll down the road but I think for the most part its sometimes just better to come at the games you play with more "its just Luck" attitude then "im gonna figure it all out" plus it hurts twice as much when ya think ya had the Odd's beat then when ya just go at it normal not expecting to much .

thanks for the reply but here is the thing if you go to your state lottery page then under scratch off you will find a section that list all the games

along with the number of of winning tickets left  like here in ct where i'm visiting the lottery put out 5 win for life  tickets  with only 4 left but out of 5 and so many stores who gets a roll with a winner.but on the other games like the $2,500 there are 43 top price tickets with only 28 left .but as i stated before look for a store that is busy with sales heavy lotto traffic .i need a crystal ball hehehehehe