Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Lottery/Eliot Spitzer

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Will the NY Lottery become more player-friendly under Gov Spitzer?

Yes [ 3 ]  [20.00%]
Not so Faso! [ 5 ]  [33.33%]
Can't guess [ 7 ]  [46.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2006, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I've been telling you for some time that the NY Lottery (not counting its video lottery) is one of the worst in the country, because of the terrible payout in NY Lotto, and its numerous annuity-only scratch games.

Will Eliot Spitzer, a Democrat after 12 years of Republican rule, appoint a lottery director who will truly listen to lottery players like me, rather than being a puppet?

Yes, I voted for Spitzer. He demolished John Faso.

Delaware
    United States
    Member #30273
    January 14, 2006
    494 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I've been telling you for some time that the NY Lottery (not counting its video lottery) is one of the worst in the country, because of the terrible payout in NY Lotto, and its numerous annuity-only scratch games.

Will Eliot Spitzer, a Democrat after 12 years of Republican rule, appoint a lottery director who will truly listen to lottery players like me, rather than being a puppet?

Yes, I voted for Spitzer. He demolished John Faso.

I wouldn't count on it. Too many buy tickets as it is. However, I haven't bought any online NY games recently except for the occasional QuickDraw ticket when I'm in a bar that sells them. I don't like NY Lotto, I won't play Take 5 because of the free ticket component, Pick 10 seems like a waste, I have a VA Mega Millions subscription, and I have to have a purpose to play Pick 3 and 4 games. I do buy the scratch offs, however. I seem to have better luck with the higher cost ones, which seems odd.

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #21206
      September 4, 2005
      949 Posts
      Posted: November 10, 2006, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

I would hope that the Governor elect will have other priorities than the Lotto.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2006, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I would hope that the Governor elect will have other priorities than the Lotto.

Well stated. New York does have bigger problems. It needs to get its fiscal house in order first and foremost, and that is something that goes way beyond lottery.

OFF-TOPIC SIDENOTE: I encourage anyone here living in or with a business in New York to tell Spitzer to make repealing the LLC publication law a top priority. It is making it too dangerous from a legal standpoint to own an LLC in New York. Send me a private message if you want an explanation.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2006, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

Well stated. New York does have bigger problems. It needs to get its fiscal house in order first and foremost, and that is something that goes way beyond lottery.

OFF-TOPIC SIDENOTE: I encourage anyone here living in or with a business in New York to tell Spitzer to make repealing the LLC publication law a top priority. It is making it too dangerous from a legal standpoint to own an LLC in New York. Send me a private message if you want an explanation.

Apparently outgoing NY Governor Pataki (a Republican who did not run for a fourth term) appointed somebody by the name of Robert J McLaughlin to take over the NY Lottery, as Pataki knew that a Democrat would win (and win BIG) the statehouse. Hopefully he will listen to lottery players, and not be a rubber stamp.

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2006, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Apparently outgoing NY Governor Pataki (a Republican who did not run for a fourth term) appointed somebody by the name of Robert J McLaughlin to take over the NY Lottery, as Pataki knew that a Democrat would win (and win BIG) the statehouse. Hopefully he will listen to lottery players, and not be a rubber stamp.

Can't the new governor appoint a new person like they do in Delaware?

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: December 13, 2006, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Can't the new governor appoint a new person like they do in Delaware?

I suppose Spitzer could. Maybe he'll give the new man a chance. But I don't know if it would matter.