Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NC vendor payout for pick 3

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ajbb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Charlotte North Carolina
United States
Member #464
July 9, 2002
17392 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2006, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone who hit the pick 3 in NC had a problem with getting your money from the vendors?  I had a $80 hit and was told from the store where I bought the ticket that they can only pay out $50, however, I took it to Food lion and they did pay but said their max payout is $500.  I thought it was advertised that the vendor payout were up to $600.  I sent an email to NC lottery but just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem.  I heard from someone else that some stores will issue a check instead of paying cash.

wpb

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
    NC
    United States
    Member #11741
    February 23, 2005
    1233 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2006, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone who hit the pick 3 in NC had a problem with getting your money from the vendors?  I had a $80 hit and was told from the store where I bought the ticket that they can only pay out $50, however, I took it to Food lion and they did pay but said their max payout is $500.  I thought it was advertised that the vendor payout were up to $600.  I sent an email to NC lottery but just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem.  I heard from someone else that some stores will issue a check instead of paying cash.

I had no problem the other day when I cashed out my $500 ticket but it was at Food Lion also.  The vendors are supposed to cash tickets that are $600 or less.  You need to file a complaint to the main lottery office and report whatever store it was.  I was also told by a BP employee that if the person didn't buy the ticket at that store that they didn't cash you out either and that too is against the rules, so I filed a complaint just to let the regional offices know that these people are not playing by the rules, but what else is new.  I think that if they get enough complaints, the regional office will know that its a problem.

K

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23261 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2006, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Kidzmom, file a complaint, and be sure to give them the name and address of the store.

They are violating their agreement with the N.C. Lottery when they refuse to pay you.  That happens in every state, and it should not be tolerated.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        Charlotte North Carolina
        United States
        Member #464
        July 9, 2002
        17392 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response, I will file a complaint.

wpb

ajbb's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
          NORTH CAROLINA COAST
          United States
          Member #1029
          January 12, 2003
          570 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2006, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

i live on the coast of carolina and there has been problems in my area and pay out as well. some money and money orders or checks.
          personally i pay cash and cash is suppose to be given to me and that is what i want.
          if we don't stay at them just another way for them to cheat us.