Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Happiness

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by fja.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Would winning the lottery bring happiness?

Yes [ 18 ]  [66.67%]
No [ 9 ]  [33.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
Member #4121
March 23, 2004
817 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I vote no, but it will solve many problems.  See Ya!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2006, 1:17 am - IP Logged

TONS, because I have the intellect to use the money to manifest my desires into fruition. Without the proper tools however winning the lottery itself is pointless.

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
      Hard Luck, Ak
      United States
      Member #23472
      October 13, 2005
      275 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2006, 3:34 am - IP Logged

Ultimately it would not guarantee happiness, but it  would make day to day life a lot easier.  You just have to make certain that you keep things in perspective. There are so many horror stories of people who hit the lottery only to squander their good fortune and end up worse then before they hit the lottery.  The best thing to do is to look for happiness within, then if you ever happen to hit it big make sure that you get good financial advise and keep a low profile until you decide how you want to live the rest of your life.  Personally I don't need 50 cars and a big mansion to be happy. Just take care of your basic needs. (food water & shelter) Also take care of key members of you family. Try to live as normal as a life as possible. Don't bring a whole lot of attention to yourself.  If there was anything that you ever wanted to do, by all means do it. Live out your dreams!!! To many winners waste their time on material possesions and giving to blood sucking people they don't even know. I know that often times that winning a lottery not only changes a person, but it changes people around you. Some people feel that they are entilted to  a persons good fortune. I always said that if I were ever to win that I hoped that I would remain humble and have the good sense not to do anything foolish with the money. Remember that money is only a tool and once you leave this world you can't take it with you anyway. Just look what happend to Jack Whittaker and several others that have won.  I am sure if they had to do it all over again they would have made some different decisions.                   God Bless &  Good Luck!!!

"We make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston ChurchillSun Smiley

angelm's avatar - anne
        richmond ky.
        United States
        Member #15877
        May 22, 2005
        8472 Posts
        Posted: November 13, 2006, 7:58 am - IP Logged

alot of things make or bring different people happiness-I would have to say money would not bring me happiness but it would make it easier for me to do things for my family

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: November 13, 2006, 8:23 am - IP Logged

i voted NO., but i will have a more comfortable life of misery

LOL

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

lucky146's avatar - animal monkey.jpg
            ny
            United States
            Member #40152
            May 28, 2006
            77 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2006, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Great question. I voted yes, but if there was an "i dont know" or "somewhat" option i probably would have picked those. I think if someone hits the jackpot it can improve the quality of their life greatly (which can lead to growth, new experiences, etc).

On the other hand, I'm starting to think it's all process. To win lotto is process. To not win is process. It all gets you to the same place in the end and requires the same amount of effort.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
              Harrisburg, Pa.
              United States
              Member #3093
              December 23, 2003
              233 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2006, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Even though I voted yes, in the words of several characters on TV; money can't buy love, happiness, etc.; but it could sure rent it!  I agree.  It would sove a few problems expecially the corners that are cut in my budget.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                Mid-Missouri
                United States
                Member #644
                August 31, 2002
                4271 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2006, 9:24 am - IP Logged

Possibly not, but with all the financial cares out of the way you would have less obstacles for it to hide behind when you are looking for it.  Thumbs Up

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                  Stone Mountain*Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #828
                  November 2, 2002
                  10491 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2006, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Possibly not, but with all the financial cares out of the way you would have less obstacles for it to hide behind when you are looking for it.  Thumbs Up

Like Forrest Gump said.... 

" ONE less Thing...right"  White Bounce

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Winning $100,000 would bring a measure of happiness because it would lower some of the stress in your life, but winning $10,000,000 would only bring more stress in your life so I don't think you would be happier.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Detroit, MI
                      United States
                      Member #43946
                      July 27, 2006
                      365 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2006, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I voted "no". I believe it is necessary you have a solid spirtual connection with yourself...all the money in the world couldn't make you feel any different about the way you feel within. Financial education is also key to keeping all money earned and not acting upon sudden urges to just "buy something you know you can afford". I think it takes some preperation to handle a life of wealth and a sense of control as well.

I don't have to flash my money and buy obsesive amounts of jewelry to feel good about myself or show ppl the kind of lifestyle I currently enjoy

Money solves SOOOO many financial woo's you may have had, becuz i sure as hell know it has for me. It's like, you spend so much time trying to get out of debt and when money starts flowing in, that is a problem you realize you don't have to deal with any longer....now you can focuse more on enjoying life, going on vacation anytime of the year, supporting the ppl you love without ever thinking about the consequences of spending money you don't have and indulging yourself and others with some of the finer things in life that could bring a smile to your face :). You can give more to charity and not feel limited in your contribution. Fill up your tank without the scare of gas prices

Control of money = Happiness

No control of money = more un- happiness

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: December 15, 2006, 10:40 am - IP Logged

it sure would make life a lot easier.i'd be happier but i don't think its the whole key to happiness itself.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                          Member #91
                          January 19, 2002
                          11904 Posts
                          Posted: December 15, 2006, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I hope to find out sometime.....although I don't have much to be unhappy about now!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields