Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Potential problem with PA Mix & Match

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Most of us will agree that Mix & Match will be a better game than the one that is leaving. However, nobody has brought up the possibility that the media, or ANY media, will list the winning numbers in numerical order, which is almost always the case with traditional lotto games. If Mix & Match is drawn twice a week, then the probability that the numbers will be drawn in ascending order for a given drawing will be 1:120, or less than once every two years.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: November 13, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the lottery will inform the media not to do so, or people will actually watch the live drawing and learn for themself that just becasue they don't win, the lottery isn't fixed.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2006, 7:57 am - IP Logged

"Most of us will agree that Mix & Match will be a better game than the one that is leaving."

Theory and speculation without evidence to back it up as usual. In fact "most of us" don't even care or even have an opinion about it. I think the media will post it as it is drawn, why would they not? I did already pose the problem that there will be even less winners than LFL, that is what they want probably because then they can steal more of our money and pay out even less.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2006, 9:55 am - IP Logged

"Most of us will agree that Mix & Match will be a better game than the one that is leaving."

Theory and speculation without evidence to back it up as usual. In fact "most of us" don't even care or even have an opinion about it. I think the media will post it as it is drawn, why would they not? I did already pose the problem that there will be even less winners than LFL, that is what they want probably because then they can steal more of our money and pay out even less.

Personally, of course, I believe Mix & Match will be a better game if for no other reason than that winners won't have to receive periodic annuity payments. I would know to make sure that I would get the winning numbers in the order they are drawn. But I am concerned that at least some media will still post the numbers in ascending order instead of how they are drawn, and that not all players will be fully aware that the order matters. I also think some will not play because the ticket price will be $2, and the jackpot will start at only $50,000.

I wonder if Pennsylvania has given up on the "classic lotto" concept (eg annuity jackpot with cash option.) It probably believes it's TOO BIG for Hot Lotto, which would become a tremendous game if Pennsylvania were to join, and the double matrix is changed.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4529 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2006, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

How can the lottery be *alledged* to be stealing the *willing* participants money? (Boggling)

If I play , its with the realistic knowledge that I did so of my own accord. The ambition to succeed at cracking the system or the ambition of being able to be debt free with the winnings. Since its true that only time will tell how its herold by the public, I for one, beleive that it deserves the chance to be promoted and played. If it turns out to be a dud so be it..we learn from trial and error ...

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2006, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I also stated before that I would never play a game starting at only $50,000, so there would be a lot of waiting on rolls. I will be spending even less than I did on LFL. But I would taker a LFL win any day over any cash jackpot under $750,000. The lottery is a self-imposed tax that steals from you many ways, more so psychologically. Even so with the very little return it seems like blatant stealing, especially to those who actually depend on the lottery for a win.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I also stated before that I would never play a game starting at only $50,000, so there would be a lot of waiting on rolls. I will be spending even less than I did on LFL. But I would taker a LFL win any day over any cash jackpot under $750,000. The lottery is a self-imposed tax that steals from you many ways, more so psychologically. Even so with the very little return it seems like blatant stealing, especially to those who actually depend on the lottery for a win.

I also think the top prize is rather small, especially for a $2 game. If I want to play for 20k or 50k, I'll buy a scratch ticket. (But M&M is still way better than UNlucky for Life.)

Probably the most extreme example is 2by2, with a top prize of $20,000. ($1 per play by the way.) 2by2 started in Kansas and Nebraska in 2002, just weeks after Hot Lotto began. 2by2 has since added North Dakota, which is allowed to sell only multi-state games. Kansas finally joined HL this year; Nebraska (what are they waiting for?) still hasn't.