Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Counterfit Money

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

DO WE CHECK OUR CASH PROPERLEY

YES ? [ 12 ]  [27.27%]
NO ? [ 32 ]  [72.73%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
freeport bahamas
Bahamas
Member #46427
September 10, 2006
63 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2006, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

HEY PEOPLE,be aware of whats going on out there, yesterday while doing  a goverment deposit  i was informed by the teller that one of my bills ($100)US was counterfit , she said it  just didnt look right so she called her super who checked it with her magic marker but the ink remained the same, they also put it under the counterfit dectector which did not go off either, but they returned it to me, at work  i told my  boss and our teller , we did the same check the bank did and got the same results, we were stunned, but today after takeing a closer look i noticed what they did, the bleached a US ($5) doller bill and painted it to look like a ($100)US bill thats why the ink didnt change and the dectector did not sound off , their using real money, so keep your eyes open, these people are good,,,,,,,,.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2006, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Wow!  Sorry to hear about that, it's probably not even worth the original $5 now.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
      Illinois
      United States
      Member #46704
      September 23, 2006
      3692 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2006, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Yeah alot of that has been going on in Illinois as well

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49610 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Counterfeit Money has been around as long as their has been Money!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
          Member #38687
          May 3, 2006
          315 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

same thing is going on in atlanta, ga. The gas stations are starting to post the fakes up on the wall...... actually I can tell you about another lil incident that happened to my best friends mother.

a guy walks up to her in the wal-mart parking lot and asked for change for a 20dollar bill, not thinking about it she reached into her purse and gave the guy  (1) 10 (1) 5 and (5) 1's for the 20. Then she used that same twenty inside the store and discovered it was a fake. The guy got away with authentic bill and the store manager called the police on my friends mother. She wasn't charged because they were able to verify her story using the security camera video.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2006, 1:50 am - IP Logged

Banks make little attemt to catch counterfit bills because it upsets their customers too much. Instead they pass them right back out to you.  They don't care unless the bill is so bad their teller can't ignore it.

Just once I took a black light into the cash room and faned the bills in front of it.  I couldn't believe how many glowed meaning they were counterfit printed on a photo offset copier.  This isn't even the super bills the North Korean government prints to screw with our economy. 

I won't take fifties or hundreds from the bank any longer, only twenties no matter how many it takes.  I can afford to lose a twenty now and then, not a fifty or hundred. 

BobP

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2006, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I always assumed that money from a bank or ATM was safe.  Maybe I should just use my credit card from now on!

United States
                Member #10720
                January 23, 2005
                933 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2006, 7:50 am - IP Logged

The answer to all this is easy. Instead of paper money use large metal coins for big denominations $20 or over say and inside is an RFID that identifies it.

Even better, implant chips in people that identify them and how much balance is in their National Unibank Account. The chip would go in the back of the hand or the forehead. It could be voluntary to receive the chip, but without one a person could not buy or sell. This method is so innovative that it is mentioned in a book that is said to be written 2 thousand years ago! I think it was in the last chapter.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2006, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Around this time of year people will do anything ..I feel that the robberies go up, murders go up and STEALING in all forms goes up.  I don't carry cash and I wouldn't pull money out in a Walmart parking lot to give or make change for anyone..they are right there at the store.  Besides here, crooks hang out there ....

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2006, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

When I was young .....too young to know it was wrong I had an idea about how to make some extra money... LOL  Really .... to make some extra money.

It occurred to me one time after I asked my mom about a torn 5 dollar bill. She told me as long as most of the bill was still there it was ok to spend.

That started me on a long road of making extra money. I would very carefully cut out 1 square inch of a five dollar bill..... then spend it or exchange it for another.

Each time being very careful......always cutting the square inch from a different place on the bill ....until I had enough square inches to make a complete bill.

I was soooo proud of myself. I had no idea it would be considered wrong. I just thought it was a cool way to make extra money.

After a very long time and a lot of hard careful work I had put together quite a collection.

Finally one day I decided the time had come to show my Mom the happy results of all my efforts... 

Yeap...... that was the last time I ever tried to make an honest buck ....in a dishonest way.   

I found out there was an easier ..faster and ....less painful way to make a buck! LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                      Member #45802
                      August 28, 2006
                      335 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2006, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

The answer to all this is easy. Instead of paper money use large metal coins for big denominations $20 or over say and inside is an RFID that identifies it.

Even better, implant chips in people that identify them and how much balance is in their National Unibank Account. The chip would go in the back of the hand or the forehead. It could be voluntary to receive the chip, but without one a person could not buy or sell. This method is so innovative that it is mentioned in a book that is said to be written 2 thousand years ago! I think it was in the last chapter.

Hell Lary why not just implant 666 on our foreheads, to heck with all this other stuff.

Floridian

freeport bahamas
                        Bahamas
                        Member #46427
                        September 10, 2006
                        63 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

that is so poor of banks to do that or maybe we just catch a busy teller who saw so much money that day , that they all begin to look alike, in truth i think  that  the counter dectector the banks use are outdated, i mean if all paper money has a bar code i think the machine should now be able to tell what kinda bill it is even if they have to color code it, for ex: a $100 bill could show a read light , a $50 could show blue, a $20 green  $10 yellow  and a $5 white  and the $1, could be purple , so once the machine has the money on it , it reads it a the color that it is lights up, the honest public should not have to suffer for someone who wants to beat the system,,,Hurray!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2006, 1:50 am - IP Logged

just because of reading this i started requesting all 20's.i did it at the bank today.teller didn't like it but guess what? i don't care i'm just worried about my money.don't want no more hundreds if i can help it.