Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is there a winning system?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Maverick2842.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1185 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

After frequenting the Lottery Post for some time now, it appears nobody has really cracked a good system to beat the lottery. Some ideas get recyled countless times, mathematicians say our is the only way...and it goes on and on.

What, if anything, has helped you win more?

What, if anything, is the most useful element in any would be winning system?

Have any of us really learned anything here to create a winning system?

Any thoughts are welcome.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
    Member #45970
    September 1, 2006
    4763 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2006, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Yes a system does exist! I have purchased several lottery software packages, and tried most of the strategies posted here (at least the ones I understand), and have been trying for over six months to nail my first Pick-3 straight, all to no avail. Tonight, after reading a post by Floridian, I grabbed a deck of cards, shuffled them, cut the deck, and drew the top three cards and played them "straight/box" and NAILED my first straight!!!!! I realize that this is pure luck, but it worked better than anything I've tried so far Hyper.

Shawn

Griffith, In
      United States
      Member #41637
      June 20, 2006
      266 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2006, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Yes a system does exist! I have purchased several lottery software packages, and tried most of the strategies posted here (at least the ones I understand), and have been trying for over six months to nail my first Pick-3 straight, all to no avail. Tonight, after reading a post by Floridian, I grabbed a deck of cards, shuffled them, cut the deck, and drew the top three cards and played them "straight/box" and NAILED my first straight!!!!! I realize that this is pure luck, but it worked better than anything I've tried so far Hyper.

Shawn

Hi Shawn;

Interesting way to pick your lottery numbers.... but as you can see here as well you are using your psychic intuition here.

In which it is all fine..... when we all here at the LP, go to work using what we all feel what we believe that our system is thee greatest, (and it is) we tap into our psychic intuition and this is what gives us what we all are looking for.

Thee almighty WIN!

Your way is a helluva lot more simpler and I hope that I did not discourage you in any way or form to stop. I too will look into this method and to tell you the truth, I had thought of using this method for along time now, but decided to look online for someones else method.

Well my friend keep up the good work and I wish you many blessings and win, win, win.........

Maverick2842

Thank you and have a prosperous day!

Maverick2842.......out!Party

United States
        Member #2460
        October 7, 2003
        766 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2006, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

On the pick 3 the question is not if you can get the winning number, but In how many numbers played can you get it, How often and Will you make a profit both in short and long terms?

In other words, Will the system be profitable?

Because of course you can win, but Can you make a profit? 

Too bad that people just can't work together for so many bad reasons, so we just have to crack the games alone, at least some of us are learning how. 

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
        Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #33770
          February 24, 2006
          3146 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I have been watching a handfull of predictors here at LP, including myself and when we post the same or almost the same picks for the pick 4 games, i have seen that those picks are best to play.

mazk, CalifDude(JD), angelm, sfilippo, lotterybraker and last but not least, that other guy/gal i forgot to mention here. Wink

Smiley Steve

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Great thread, have been pondering some of the same questions myself.

Here is just a thought of mine.

Print out all your state's past results for the game you are interested in. Now think about what you are holding in your hand. A lottery system that's already been written.

Each state, each set of unique drawings, each a different lottery system.

The "system" is writing itself each day after every drawing.

Instead of forcing "our" systems to comply with it, why don't we study harder what is already there?

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
              Wyncote,Pa
              United States
              Member #3206
              January 3, 2004
              60740 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Any thoughts are welcome.

Who needs systems

TheTruth  &  BIRD

Detect from inner sources

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2006, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

As EXCALIBUR suggested, it's not whether your system can win but the number of combinations that it has to pick before it picks a winner, especially with pick3 games.  With jackpot games, your odds of winning something is usually better than 1:100 but the payoff is usually one or two dollars, while many pick5 games pay something 1:10 times, usually a dollar.

I am looking for a system that offers the most for the amount spent, I can't afford to spend a lot so getting lucky has to be a factor.  Does that system have every possible number at least once or maybe only the most active numbers or a combinations of other factors?  Does it avoid combinations that have come up before or strings of adjacent numbers or numbers confined to a particular group?

I don't know, I'm still looking. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jokerh1977's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                  Washington
                  United States
                  Member #47309
                  October 30, 2006
                  34 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2006, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Good thread. I only play pick-5 so I can't speak about pick-3 games, but I agree with what lottolaughs said about each game being unique. After reading about all of the different systems, I still find my way the best (but I'm still looking for the "better one".) What works best in my case, is ruling out all numbers that "won't come up". I've been thinking about starting a thread on this idea, but essentially it comes down to the question, "which is easier to pick the winning number or the losing numbers?" The answer, just in case you didn't know, is the losing numbers. Soooo... toss em out. It sounds incredibly simplistic, but it works very well. I netted $187 dollars off my $20 in tickets last drawing. I'll have to explain more in detail later, I'm sooooo tired right now. Just came back from my early birthday party. CheersPartyTwitch

What a wonderful world...

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3104 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2006, 1:58 am - IP Logged

The Pick-3 is a negative expectation game so a mechanical system that always does the same thing every time can not win often enough to play at a profit. 

You must either successfully pick the moment to use the system at the point when the wins appear or you must add your personal input based on gut feeling or such.  For example, betslips pays about 90% compared to the state's 50% so if you divide the numbers into two equal groups based on some sort of criteria you can track, a system becomes a 50/50 chance to win a fair profit instead of breaking even  playing half the numbers boxed or straight each draw.

BobP

Griffith, In
                      United States
                      Member #41637
                      June 20, 2006
                      266 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2006, 5:49 am - IP Logged

Great thread, have been pondering some of the same questions myself.

Here is just a thought of mine.

Print out all your state's past results for the game you are interested in. Now think about what you are holding in your hand. A lottery system that's already been written.

Each state, each set of unique drawings, each a different lottery system.

The "system" is writing itself each day after every drawing.

Instead of forcing "our" systems to comply with it, why don't we study harder what is already there?

Hi Lottolaughs;

Well as again..... you had posted a well said comment!

I too have told myself this... that what we all are searching for here is right in front of our faces..... but the trick here is to decode it and understand it characteristics. Some of us are a bit impatient, but some of us other peoples will learn :)

So anything new on this pick 4 system that you have perfected?

Maverick2842......out!

Thank you and have a prosperous day!

Maverick2842.......out!Party

kuala lumpur
                        Malaysia
                        Member #47529
                        November 9, 2006
                        2 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

well...when u win with a system..that is the winning system.. by the way saliu's wonder grid

sure wins 80% most times, & 20% did not. I always get 20% ones, funny, i tried the announcer too..it annouced differently now..and i wonder how saliu gets from , all the combinations he checks against the draw data.. using his Gridcheck632..anyone pl help . nolank. tks

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                          Member #5599
                          July 13, 2004
                          1185 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:18 am - IP Logged

There is alot of good replies......THANKS.

A couple that come close to my approach..

1) Every lottery is different....I totally agree. If you do detailed analysis of historical picks from different lottery games or the same game from different states this is an obvious FACT. It is one of the reasons I've stayed away from betting all States with a set of numbers.

2) Is your system picking more of the wrong numbers rather than the right numbers...This something I monitor very closely. Whenever I make modifications to my systems, I'll track this to find out if I have indeed made an improvement of have gone down another bad path.

3) The system is right in front of our faces...the lottery results themselves. I am a firm believer that a historical pick analysis is the best way to go. Working the data to find the most appropiate math/filter scheme. Not trying every math equation in the book for a match. I think we've all seen that there is no one equation out there that will be successful. Perhaps, a mix of equations/filters will work, but, this will only be determined by studying the data, like being in a science lab.

Thanks again....keep the ideas coming *S*

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #6147
                            August 8, 2004
                            1396 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:42 am - IP Logged

There is alot of good replies......THANKS.

A couple that come close to my approach..

1) Every lottery is different....I totally agree. If you do detailed analysis of historical picks from different lottery games or the same game from different states this is an obvious FACT. It is one of the reasons I've stayed away from betting all States with a set of numbers.

2) Is your system picking more of the wrong numbers rather than the right numbers...This something I monitor very closely. Whenever I make modifications to my systems, I'll track this to find out if I have indeed made an improvement of have gone down another bad path.

3) The system is right in front of our faces...the lottery results themselves. I am a firm believer that a historical pick analysis is the best way to go. Working the data to find the most appropiate math/filter scheme. Not trying every math equation in the book for a match. I think we've all seen that there is no one equation out there that will be successful. Perhaps, a mix of equations/filters will work, but, this will only be determined by studying the data, like being in a science lab.

Thanks again....keep the ideas coming *S*

With each state's lottery being different, I don't understand how or why people take a set of numbers and then play them for "all states."  What type of system is this?  No offense intended to anyone who plays this way, but I just don't understand how this works.  Is it just "luck?"
                            Stavros

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                              Detroit, MI
                              United States
                              Member #43946
                              July 27, 2006
                              365 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:53 am - IP Logged

The Pick-3 is a negative expectation game so a mechanical system that always does the same thing every time can not win often enough to play at a profit. 

You must either successfully pick the moment to use the system at the point when the wins appear or you must add your personal input based on gut feeling or such.  For example, betslips pays about 90% compared to the state's 50% so if you divide the numbers into two equal groups based on some sort of criteria you can track, a system becomes a 50/50 chance to win a fair profit instead of breaking even  playing half the numbers boxed or straight each draw.

BobP

Cool responses, BobP I think hit the right note on this one. Thank God I have the means to beat those outstanding odds against me. My head and my intuition is my winning system, and I found that it dosn't work for alot of people simply becuz one may not be able to relate. Depending on how you play and where you play at, is the system your going to use...and what system greatly helps your game, may greatly hurt anothers.

It's connected in some way or another

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God