Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Greed

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

$2000 in lottery tix or new PS3?

Tickets [ 15 ]  [39.47%]
PS3 [ 6 ]  [15.79%]
The lottery is my game. [ 8 ]  [21.05%]
What's a PS3? [ 9 ]  [23.68%]
Total Valid Votes [ 38 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
Harbinger
D.C./MD.
United States
Member #44103
July 30, 2006
5583 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2006, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

By the looks of things on the news,  gamers need to play the lottery for fast money, instead of selling 1 item for a one time profit.  They should wait like we do for our numbers, there will be a flood of them soon enough.  For me, definitely the tix.

LOL jarasan

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2006, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I really thought a thread titled "Greed" and $2,000 in lottery tickets was going to be about something else entirely.  

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I'd rather have the cash, but that wasn't one of the above choices.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2006, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I really thought a thread titled "Greed" and $2,000 in lottery tickets was going to be about something else entirely.  

People have been shot over these PS3's, so they can resell them, and make a quick couple thousand. At least that is the excuse being given by the talking heads on what is motivating people to stampede, rob, shoot, and riot over a game machine! So I think the motivation is greed for certain. People don't act like this for entertainment purposes.

jarasan.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2006, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Of course it's not for entertainment. The people who buy a PS3 and resell it for $2000 are the smart, sane ones  (those who would  shoot somebody, riot, etc being exceptions). Who wouldn't  put in a couple of hours of effort to make $1000 or more? It's the people who would pay an extra $1500 to get one a few weeks sooner that are nut jobs.

Those people and the people who line up at Blockbuster at midnight to get the new Harry Potter or Star Wars dvd as soon as it's released shouldn't be spending their money on lottery tickets, they should be getting a life.

As far as choices in the poll, I think anyone who would spend $2000 on lottery tickets in one shot is insane or very stupid.  My vote would be that the $2000 is about half of a good tropical vacation. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2006, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Does anyone remember when Christmas was NOT electically-powered ?

When what we got was NOT powered by batteries or a plug in the wall ?

When we returned NOTHING to the store EXCEPT to get a piece of clothing in a different size ?

When gift cards/certificates didn't even exist ?

When whatever we got we actually ENJOYED, no matter what it was ?

There is a reason we remember what we got as kids, but not as adults... I couldn't tell you anything I got in the last 25 years. 

(long sigh of simpler times....)