Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying Quick Picks

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

If purchasing $2.00 in quickpicks, are odds better purchasing them together or separately?

Purchasing them together [ 7 ]  [20.00%]
Purchasing them separately [ 3 ]  [8.57%]
I don't think it matters [ 20 ]  [57.14%]
I don't buy quick picks [ 5 ]  [14.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Amber88's avatar - praying hands.jpg
KENTUCKY
United States
Member #40028
May 26, 2006
578 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2006, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I use quick picks to get my pairs for my actual pick 3 plays. I read the story in LP news from Nov 7th, "In state Lottery, everyone plays a hunch". This has me wondering if quick picks are better purchased together or separate. What are your opinions on this?

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Both in theory and in practice, your chances are all the same. The only way, and I mean the only way, to improve your odds is to buy more tickets. It's sad, but it's true.

(insert signature here)

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
      rainbow lake
      Canada
      Member #25177
      November 2, 2005
      10764 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I use quick picks to get my pairs for my actual pick 3 plays. I read the story in LP news from Nov 7th, "In state Lottery, everyone plays a hunch". This has me wondering if quick picks are better purchased together or separate. What are your opinions on this?

Pick 2 combos from your thoughts,

Then take 2 quick picks and cut the combos in half.

you now have a big pick 3 board but in 3 digit pairs.

so

Own thoughts were 123456 and 7,8,9,10,11,12

quick pics were 13,14,15,16,17,18, and 19,20,21,22,23,24,

so

you have 4 combos. so

123,13,14,15,123,16,17,18,456,13,14,15, etc, make as many as your budget fits play only once a month to play more combos instead if only a few weekly the more tickets the better the odds.Cheers

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
        rainbow lake
        Canada
        Member #25177
        November 2, 2005
        10764 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Also set your combos up in Tic Tac toe fashion and pick from them in pick 3 format

1    2  3

13 14 15

16 27 28

1  2  3

7  8   9    etc

Banana

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
          Member #4121
          March 23, 2004
          817 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2006, 8:53 am - IP Logged

I don't think it matters.

Party

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3090 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:22 am - IP Logged

When I buy QP's I do not care I will get all my plays that I want on one ticket.  My mother she likes to get separate tickets.  I guess it is each persons preference.  She thinks that you will get better number coverage in that the numbers are less likely to repeat if you get separate versus all on one ticket.  Me I do not care.-weshar75

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
              Florida
              United States
              Member #6147
              August 8, 2004
              1396 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I'm curious as to how people have done with quick picks.  I have never done it.

Stavros

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2006, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

I've purchased both QPs and personal numbers.  Keep losing with both.  However, again last evening someone won the FL Lotto with a QP.  The $30M won on Wed was also a QP. I am going through the press releases and I believe every single win for 2006 and the end of 2005 (including a $50M jackpot) was a QP.  If the lottery is truly random, then this should be just a coincidence. However, how many times can something be a coincidence?  The only other explanation is that the estimated 70% figure is low and that the amount of players who buy QPs for the 6/53 game is 80% or 90%.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2006, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Oh, I didn't answer the poll - I don't think it really matters, but when I get 2 or more QPs I always ask for them on separate tickets.

x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
                    Member #48046
                    December 7, 2006
                    1699 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2006, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes at the store, on the little slip we fill out, I'll do my picks-then a quick-pick. I've noticed, that sometimes the computer will pick close to my pick......so if I'm a little off on my numbers mabey the computer will be on..... I call it "Tricking the computer"

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #1303
                      March 27, 2003
                      1508 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2006, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

As far as the way your Poll question is worded: The odds are no better regardless of how you purchase the tickets. Still will be 1 in 1,000 for a straight, and 1 in 167 for a six-way box, and 1 in 334 for a three-way box.

But if you're looking to use them for pairs to also play, I would get them separately, since it appears -- at least to me -- that whenever one purchases a lottery ticket with multiple lines as a QP, the terminal usually duplicates more digits in consecutive lines than it does if you purcahse separately.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

KENTUCKY
                        United States
                        Member #40028
                        May 26, 2006
                        578 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2006, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

As far as the way your Poll question is worded: The odds are no better regardless of how you purchase the tickets. Still will be 1 in 1,000 for a straight, and 1 in 167 for a six-way box, and 1 in 334 for a three-way box.

But if you're looking to use them for pairs to also play, I would get them separately, since it appears -- at least to me -- that whenever one purchases a lottery ticket with multiple lines as a QP, the terminal usually duplicates more digits in consecutive lines than it does if you purcahse separately.

Thank you Badger. As far as using them for pairs, that was my take on it also. Just wanted to hear someone else say it!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          50955 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! When getting multiple line QPs the Terminal duplicates more Digits on the same Ticket than if the QPs are purchased on separate Tickets. This was confirmed by a Store Clerk that Operates the Ticket Machine and has observed 100s of 1000s of QPs.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

KENTUCKY
                            United States
                            Member #40028
                            May 26, 2006
                            578 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! When getting multiple line QPs the Terminal duplicates more Digits on the same Ticket than if the QPs are purchased on separate Tickets. This was confirmed by a Store Clerk that Operates the Ticket Machine and has observed 100s of 1000s of QPs.

Thank you Raven, I will be changing the way I buy my QP's for sure. That was the whole reason for the poll.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: December 18, 2006, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Usually with qp I get no numbers... lol

For

this Wednesday a friend of mine and I bought 5 qp each on one ticket.. and eliminated all the numbers that showed up. Then took the remaining numbers and circle those that had fallen in the last 8 draws and made combos with those.. We will see how this goes.. PB...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44