Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Multi-State

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by DoubleDown.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Now that FL has a new governor, will they get into a multi-state game?

Powerball [ 4 ]  [26.67%]
Mega Millions [ 4 ]  [26.67%]
They won't join. [ 7 ]  [46.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2006, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Now that Florida will have a new govenor come January, will we see Florida joining Powerball or Mega Millions?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2006, 2:05 am - IP Logged

Just a guess on my part, but I voted no.  Although he is our new Governor-elect, Charlie Crist isn't that "new" since he's been the Attorney General and a strong Bush supporter. Right now he has a lot more important issues to deal with and has been appointing his staff which mainly consists of political advisors who were already serving under the current administration. Only time will tell, but I think the serious crime problems, especially child predators, and the increase in insurance rates (100% in some areas) need to be addressed before a new lottery game is introduced. (Just my opinion, probably because I don't need to spend any more money playing a game with almost impossible odds.)

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2006, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Now that Florida will have a new govenor come January, will we see Florida joining Powerball or Mega Millions?

I will be very surprised if they do.  Why should they?  They make too much now to share it with anybody.  The current Christmas raffle, just a little sideline game will raise about $25 million.  The ticket sales started on Monday and by 5pm yesterday the tickets sales amounted to 30% of the total being sold in the raffle.  That it raising over $7,000,000 in less than two days.  Why in the world would they need to become part of a multi-state lottery with that kind of a customer base?  They thought it might take until near the end of December to sell them all.  They will be gone in days.

Floridian

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2006, 3:26 am - IP Logged

I meant to buy a couple on Monday and forgot because I had a 7:30 meeting..darn!  Then I had to spend the money on gas.  I've been driving over 100 miles a day.  I wonder if it matters if a person purchases the first, middle or last tickets.  If the raffle is fair & random, it shouldn't.

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2006, 9:09 am - IP Logged

I meant to buy a couple on Monday and forgot because I had a 7:30 meeting..darn!  Then I had to spend the money on gas.  I've been driving over 100 miles a day.  I wonder if it matters if a person purchases the first, middle or last tickets.  If the raffle is fair & random, it shouldn't.

I thought the same thing JXP- I am going to get a few of the GA raffle tickets, but I want to get some early, middle and late in the order...

By the way, I voted no on FL joining a MUSL.

They do not need to. 

DD