Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's YOUR best method in picking filters?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jokerh1977.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
jokerh1977's avatar - animal duck.jpg
Washington
United States
Member #47309
October 30, 2006
34 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2006, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing around with an old program I've had that really emphasizes different filters. Many programs have differing versions of various filters but the point remains the same. How do you best set your filters? I was wondering if we could all throw around our ideas. I'll kick it off...

1. If the past three draws have had consecutive rise in the filters value then I set that filter below the most recent value. (Switch it around if the three draws had a consecutive drop.)

2. I find that often, if three of the past four draws had values over the median filter value then the next draw will be below the median. It's reversed if the three draws were below the median value.

The problem with these scenarios though is the fact that you can't set ALL the filters. What other methods do folks out there in LP land use? 

What a wonderful world...

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2006, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing around with an old program I've had that really emphasizes different filters. Many programs have differing versions of various filters but the point remains the same. How do you best set your filters? I was wondering if we could all throw around our ideas. I'll kick it off...

1. If the past three draws have had consecutive rise in the filters value then I set that filter below the most recent value. (Switch it around if the three draws had a consecutive drop.)

2. I find that often, if three of the past four draws had values over the median filter value then the next draw will be below the median. It's reversed if the three draws were below the median value.

The problem with these scenarios though is the fact that you can't set ALL the filters. What other methods do folks out there in LP land use? 

Jokerh1977, 

My favorite filter right now is concentrating on "medium" digits (in terms of cold-to-hot) in all combos. 

CMM - CMH - MMM - MMH 

Good post. 

EDIT:  Just saw your post was on the Systems forum.  I was referring to the Pick 3...sorry.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

jokerh1977's avatar - animal duck.jpg
      Washington
      United States
      Member #47309
      October 30, 2006
      34 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2006, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Jokerh1977, 

My favorite filter right now is concentrating on "medium" digits (in terms of cold-to-hot) in all combos. 

CMM - CMH - MMM - MMH 

Good post. 

EDIT:  Just saw your post was on the Systems forum.  I was referring to the Pick 3...sorry.

No, no Rick. It's still a good filter for pick five as well. I had a method which separated the numbers into the three categories of cold, warm, hot and found some patterns there. Unfortunately, I could only come up with the combos manually. If I could find a way to do it with the computer, I'd use it for sure. Thanks!

What a wonderful world...