Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP & debit cards...

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by TheTruth.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 26, 2006, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

does anyone know if lottery post accepts debit card...Todd doesn't know and i was wandering if anyone has tried to become a silver or gold member with debit card and have succeeded....

thanks a lot...

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: November 26, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

yes, they accept debit cards.  It can be used just like a credit card.  The only difference is the money comes out ..NOW!

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2006, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

does anyone know if lottery post accepts debit card...Todd doesn't know and i was wandering if anyone has tried to become a silver or gold member with debit card and have succeeded....

thanks a lot...

Actually, what I told you was to give it a try.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2006, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

You can use a debit card as if it is a credit card if it has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it. Debit cards work the same as credit cards in that sense and the money comes out of your bank account.

TIP: Make sure, when you are at a store, and you use a debit card, if it has Visa or MasterCard logo on it, make sure to always select CREDIT. Never select debit as you don't have the ability to do a chargeback. If you have to enter your pin number, cancel the transaction and go again. If you use debit, once the money is out of your account, it's as if you paid cash or used an ATM. It's gone. Most people don't realize the difference and the store owners want you to use debit for that reason. Just some advice.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

You can use a debit card as if it is a credit card if it has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it. Debit cards work the same as credit cards in that sense and the money comes out of your bank account.

TIP: Make sure, when you are at a store, and you use a debit card, if it has Visa or MasterCard logo on it, make sure to always select CREDIT. Never select debit as you don't have the ability to do a chargeback. If you have to enter your pin number, cancel the transaction and go again. If you use debit, once the money is out of your account, it's as if you paid cash or used an ATM. It's gone. Most people don't realize the difference and the store owners want you to use debit for that reason. Just some advice.

Excellent tip.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Zippy's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
            fenton,michigan
            United States
            Member #23352
            October 11, 2005
            6028 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2006, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Thank You, That is an excellant tip, i did not know that, i have a visa debit/credit..

Todd i love what you did with the faceof lottery post its really pretty with the map and all:-)

Your hearts on the loose, you roll them sevens with nothin to lose, this ain't no place for the weary kind

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Detroit, MI
              United States
              Member #43946
              July 27, 2006
              365 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2006, 12:10 am - IP Logged

wow, didn't know that...thx alot, i use credit most of the time just to do it but i didn't think there was a difference

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God