Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hot Lotto higher than Powerball

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2006, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to a ticket from North Carolina, PB was won last night. PB is now lower than HL, which continues on its record run, and is now the 2d highest US jackpot (after Mega Millions).

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2006, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only, I hope Hot Lotto continues to roll, but also hope that PB continues to win jackpots.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2006, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

If tonight's $40m Mega Millions is won, then HL will, for the first time, have the nation's highest jackpot. Enough of the fact that HL no longer uses balls.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2006, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto is computerized, so the jackpot amount is not all that important to me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2006, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Hot Lotto is computerized, so the jackpot amount is not all that important to me.

OK, so Hot Lotto is computerized. But it's still a much better game than NY Lotto, MA Megabucks, GA-KY-VA Lose for Life, OR Lose for Life, and the soon-to-be-gone Pennsylvania UNlucky for Life.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2006, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's better at all.  Anything computerized gets a grade of F.

All the games you mentioned -- Win For Life, Lucky for Life, Megabucks, NY Lotto -- are much, much better than a fake drawing.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it's better at all.  Anything computerized gets a grade of F.

All the games you mentioned -- Win For Life, Lucky for Life, Megabucks, NY Lotto -- are much, much better than a fake drawing.

Maybe HL has fake drawings. But NY Lotto, MA Megabucks, LOSE for Life, etc, are fake GAMES.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3046 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I can't do much in my state of Oregon.  The state lottery has all the state game computerized.  The only game that is not is the multi-state game Powerball.  So if you want to play lottery in Oregon you pretty much are stuck playing those games.  It does not bother me because I can lose just as good on a computerized drawing as a ball drawing.-weshar75

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23259 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2006, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

I can't do much in my state of Oregon.  The state lottery has all the state game computerized.  The only game that is not is the multi-state game Powerball.  So if you want to play lottery in Oregon you pretty much are stuck playing those games.  It does not bother me because I can lose just as good on a computerized drawing as a ball drawing.-weshar75

LOL funny!

I feel awful when I think about states with no real drawings.  You're right, if there's nothing else available, you have to do what you have to do.

If it were my state, I would be contacting my state reps and governor to get it changed to real drawings.  I would bug the you-know-what out of them.

There have been some good tries in doing that in both Delaware and Indiana -- not successful, but close calls.

I guess the main point in this thread is that if there is a choice between supporting a game with a real drawing vs. a game with a fake (computerized) drawing, I always support the real drawing.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                    Mcminnville, Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #3013
                    December 13, 2003
                    3046 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2006, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Todd when I asked the Oregon Lottery about why they do not do real drawings they started to say that computerized draws were the future in lottery.  It cost too much money and time to do the real drawings for all of our games.  It is not cost effective and we have to pay t.v. stations to air the drawings.  So we went to computerization as a way to save money and time.  Oh well what do you do!  Frackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-weshar75

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                      Magnolia, Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #18795
                      July 20, 2005
                      789 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2006, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Todd when I asked the Oregon Lottery about why they do not do real drawings they started to say that computerized draws were the future in lottery.  It cost too much money and time to do the real drawings for all of our games.  It is not cost effective and we have to pay t.v. stations to air the drawings.  So we went to computerization as a way to save money and time.  Oh well what do you do!  Frackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-weshar75

Wesher75, tell them in the first place, "it's not their money that's paying for the TV air time or for anything else that involves the lottery games". The people who play the games pay for all the cost when buying a ticket! So the will of the people should prevail over their desire to keep a bigger chunk of the proceeds!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2006, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Well I'll be darned. Mega Millions got won in Ohio Friday night, so now the Hot Lotto jackpot IS the highest jackpot in the US, maybe for the only day ever!!

As for Mega Millions, Friday's jackpot was the fifteenth jackpot awarded this year, which sets a record for most jackpots awarded in a year for that game. This also beats Powerball's record of fourteen jackpots awarded in a year, which was set just last year (PB has awarded ten jackpots so far this year).

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2006, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Maybe HL has fake drawings. But NY Lotto, MA Megabucks, LOSE for Life, etc, are fake GAMES.

THANK YOU CASH!

You finally admited you are making up those games! You admited that Lose for Life is a fake game, one you made up yourself! Thank you for coming clean once and for all, and putting this topic to bed.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #2338
                            September 17, 2003
                            2063 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2006, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Also note that the top two games are not in the US. Canada and Euromillions are in the top two.

United States
                              Member #16612
                              June 2, 2005
                              3493 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Did Hot Lotto had a jackpot winner in the last draw? PB jackpot has rolled.