Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What are the wrong things a Lottery Retailer does?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2006, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

What are the worst things a lottery retailer or clerk do(or you presume they do) when you are buying tickets.

Change my number - I buy my tickets at a mom-and-pop's store - You know just in case you win someone who could used the money gets it instead of a corporation. When I give the clerk my ticket and the machine couldn't read a number, he chooses quick pick without asking me.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
    Florida
    United States
    Member #6147
    August 8, 2004
    1396 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2006, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

What are the worst things a lottery retailer or clerk do(or you presume they do) when you are buying tickets.

Change my number - I buy my tickets at a mom-and-pop's store - You know just in case you win someone who could used the money gets it instead of a corporation. When I give the clerk my ticket and the machine couldn't read a number, he chooses quick pick without asking me.

I usually bet on line, but any time I have purchased a ticket in the two stores I use, if there is a problem, they always give me the betting slip back and tell me where it has to be corrected.  Have never had a problem with a clerk.

Good Luck!

Stavros

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4575 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2006, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I must concur with the other poster-Whenever the machine cannt read the slip, the clerks give it back explaining the error. There has rarely been a time where they supercede the transaction by hitting the quickpick unless the player asked.

Prescreening and marking instants is the only act I have seen an employee do.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
        Member #29417
        January 1, 2006
        355 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2006, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

i buy anywhere, but the worst thing is when the clerk was just hired!OMG "cheese&crackers"what a mess and he gets distracted because of the line behind me and then gives me the same numbers several times in different tickets which of course delays the line behind me again Argue

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Not sure that it's the clerks fault or a manager's, but I'm amazed at how often there are no playslips. Granted, you can just tell them the numbers, but sometimes that is what leads to mistakes.

By run out I mean that there are no playslips in the lotto area...they have them but don't check to make sure they're available. 

If I ran a place that sold lotto I'd make sure there were always playslips.....and "lucky" key rings, ticket scrathcers, dream books, etc....I never see any of that, only during holidays free envelopes for tickets to be used as gifts.

What?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.