Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hottest Topics! Whew!

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What was the most memorable thread/post to you this year?

Lottery Queen [ 7 ]  [21.21%]
E TV the Curse of the Lottery [ 2 ]  [6.06%]
NC Lottery Worries What the Preacher Thinks [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
House Votes to Kill Internet Gambling [ 8 ]  [24.24%]
What the Experts Would Do with a Jackpot Win [ 3 ]  [9.09%]
Record Powerball Jackpot [ 1 ]  [3.03%]
Woman Hiding Lottery Win From Husband [ 4 ]  [12.12%]
Record Euro Millions Jackpot [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Record Mega Millions Jackpot [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other (Specify please) [ 8 ]  [24.24%]
Total Valid Votes [ 33 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2006, 1:42 am - IP Logged

E TV the curse of the lottery and Woman Hidding Jackpot from husband tie for first place for me.  Lottery Queen's colorful pages as "The Three Digit Teacher "come next!  E TV show plus what I read at LP tied it all together for me.  Has been an interesting educational year folks. 

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2006, 7:22 am - IP Logged

I missed th subject about the woman who hid the lottery winnings form her husband..How do I get to all the old post about this stuff??

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2006, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

I missed th subject about the woman who hid the lottery winnings form her husband..How do I get to all the old post about this stuff??

The search engine works just like goggle - I choose News and typed in - women hide. 

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/126952.htm

takeemtothebank

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2006, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

house votes to kill internet gambling.'ol billy frist ought to be proud of himself.he only wiped out billions and billions of dollars in stocks in one night and managed to turn 23 million poker and gambling people against himmost of which were republicans to begin with.looks like he shot himself in the foot pretty good huh?  so bad that him and his iowa buddy both lost out and his presidential ambitions went down the tubes too.i bet now he might be wishing he could take it back.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I voted "other".

Stefan's thread about an incredible and spectacular pick 3 tool was the most cooperative exchange of analysis ideas I've ever encountered on this website.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
            Member #24380
            October 21, 2005
            623 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2006, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

You can click on Forums at the top of page, then once there Show Topics Link is available top left of page, then go to the drop down menu and select how far you want to go back.  The woman hiding winnings was in December.

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #46493
              September 11, 2006
              4173 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2006, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I voted "other".  I thought Stefan's thread on his Pick3 Tool was great!  Nice to see people helping people.

The internet gambling bill was memorable, but all negative.  A bunch of hoopla for nothing.  I hate to be reminded about how the government has to have it's dirty hands in everything that American citizens do. 

Tntea's VTRAC lessons were very good, can't forget those!  Thumbs Up 

Keep it simple 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10345 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2006, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

The most memorable post to me was in a thread about remaining anonymous if you won a jackpot. Justxploring put up a post about someone going to court to protect their right to remain anonymous- and then becoming famous for winning their case to remain anonymous!

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2006, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Coin Toss.  I'm flattered.  I also liked the one when I had a conversation with myself. I do have some funny moments. 

I think a lot of threads on LP are interesting.  I am especially touched by the personal threads when members are going through a rough time and want our support.  This adds validity to the whole group saying we are more than just a bunch of crazy lottery players, but real human beings with hearts and souls.

Still, my debate with Jack (where are you brave warrior?) and a few other members on greyhound racing was probably the one in which I put the most effort. I liked Rick G's idea about racing chihuahua dogs. I enjoy a good argument where nobody takes offense, but everyone gets a chance to express their points of view.  We are all adults here (most of us) so I feel it's interesting to get out the swords and duel a little once in a while.

I also find the blog entries interesting, funny and touching. There are some very intelligent people on LP who amaze me with their eloquent writing abilities.  Then I sit back and wonder why someone like Andy Rooney makes so much money. Right place, right time?

Oogle