Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA Fantasy-5 Crazy Numbers Tonight

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
hosni's avatar - hosni
Escondido, CA
United States
Member #70
December 31, 2001
12798 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2006, 12:24 am - IP Logged

There were 8 winners tonight in CA with numbers 01-02-03-04-39 coming in.

Escondido John

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

Vacaville, Ca.
    United States
    Member #46529
    September 12, 2006
    5 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2006, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't think these were QP? But why would anyone, or 8 people play that combo?

Brian

Bay Area, CA
      United States
      Member #48295
      December 20, 2006
      10 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2006, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Interesting factoid: a great book on "Understanding Probability" made the observation that people who pick (the popular strategy) 1,2,3,4,5,6 or for CA's F5, 1,2,3,4,39 are sure to share the prize with a lot of other players.  Yep, 8 people shared the prize and I too doubt that they were QP's.  Also, 3 numbers repeated 9 draws back (3,4,39 from 12/1/06).  That happens roughly 9 draws out of every 100 (for CA F5), where 3 numbers will repeat from 1 or 2 ….10 draws back.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Interesting factoid: a great book on "Understanding Probability" made the observation that people who pick (the popular strategy) 1,2,3,4,5,6 or for CA's F5, 1,2,3,4,39 are sure to share the prize with a lot of other players.  Yep, 8 people shared the prize and I too doubt that they were QP's.  Also, 3 numbers repeated 9 draws back (3,4,39 from 12/1/06).  That happens roughly 9 draws out of every 100 (for CA F5), where 3 numbers will repeat from 1 or 2 ….10 draws back.

In the Ohio Rolling Cash5 (5/39) during the last 500 drawings, the winning numbers have matched 3 fifty times in the previous 10 drawings, ten times it happened the previous drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bay Area, CA
          United States
          Member #48295
          December 20, 2006
          10 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2006, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Very interesting Rjoh, thanks for the info.  I just did a quick count where 3 numbers repeated from anywhere within the previous 10 draws, for the last 500 draws, and the count for CA's F5 was 48… roughly equal to your count of 50 for Ohio in its last 500 draws.  There was at least one draw, in CA F5, where 4 numbers repeated from somewhere within the previous 10 draws (of the sample of the last 500).  Is Ohio's a computerized drawing system?  California's is, I prefer those since the computerized drawing is "pseudo-random", there's "occasional blips" where the numbers drawn appear to be less than random—and that's when I like to place a bet.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2006, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

So far all Ohio drawings have used balls. The pick3 and pick4 games use air to mix them in a chamber for each position and the winning balls pop out at the top and the other games use air to mix all the balls in one chamber and  the winning balls fall out the bottom into a tube.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19830 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Very interesting Rjoh, thanks for the info.  I just did a quick count where 3 numbers repeated from anywhere within the previous 10 draws, for the last 500 draws, and the count for CA's F5 was 48… roughly equal to your count of 50 for Ohio in its last 500 draws.  There was at least one draw, in CA F5, where 4 numbers repeated from somewhere within the previous 10 draws (of the sample of the last 500).  Is Ohio's a computerized drawing system?  California's is, I prefer those since the computerized drawing is "pseudo-random", there's "occasional blips" where the numbers drawn appear to be less than random—and that's when I like to place a bet.

What may appear to be unique about a 5/39 game when compared to other 5 digits games such as PowerBall or MegaMillions might be quite common when compared with another 5/39 game.  I would imagine that CA's F5 statistics look very much like those of OH's RC5.  If CA's computer is as random as OH's balls then they will about the same.

Evil Looking       

Bay Area, CA
                United States
                Member #48295
                December 20, 2006
                10 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

They (OH & CA, and others) may look about the same.  Somehow I don't think the "5 balls in the hopper" will generate the rare event that 4 numbers will repeat from anywhere w/in the last 10 draws… or the extremely rare event such as 11/15/00 and 11/25/00 where all 5 numbers repeated-- same 5 #'s for both dates (for CA F5); and on 11/25/00 28 people (or tickets) split the match 5/5 top prize.  Anyone across the US can go to the official CALottery website and download the entire dataset in text format to verify.  Folks who live in Cal can ask any lotto retailer for the winning numbers of both the above dates  verify that 28 tickets shared the 5/5 prize.  I only stumbled upon slicing & dicing the data to trap and track for "triples" at the beginning of '06 (actually late '05 ... I've made some money on the strategy but lost some too) but I do believe it'll happen again… except from somewhere within the previous six draws (or 5 or 7, close enough to bet a buck or two).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Ohio Rolling Cash5 has had 698 drawings since 10/04/04 and matched 4 numbers from previous drawings 90 times and no match 5's but have matched 4 within ten drawings once on:

12/14/04 - 03 11 20 29 35
                   12/13/04 - 11 20 29 35 37

The Ohio Buckeye5 game(5/37) which it replaced ran over ten years and matched 5 six times.

Evil Looking