Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The "no-no" ticket as a lead to a quick pick

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2006, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm putting this here as it applies to Pick 5, 6, and jackpot games, and it's not exactly a system and not exactly mystical.

I'm just wondering if you played 1 2 3 4 5 (Pick 5) or 1 2 3 4 5 6 (Pick 6) on a play slip and the played a Quick Pick immediately after that combo on the same playslip if it would kind of "psych out" the lotto terminal computer, act like a key to a winning combination, maybe 4 hits or or better.

Worth blowing $2 trying, no?  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ft pierce,fla
    United States
    Member #30785
    January 21, 2006
    2090 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2006, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

I have tried that in florida on both fantasy 5 and lotto...the quick pick still beat out my guess!

although I buy a "grouper" which has all 5 games and a freebie which can be a lotto,fan5,or mega

money ticket all for 5 bucks...and last year around this time I hit 5 of 6 on the free lotto ticket which paid 5,432.00 

I will try your system in florida saturday for the fan5 and lotto and post the numbers so you can see what the results are.

good luck

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2006, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I have tried that in florida on both fantasy 5 and lotto...the quick pick still beat out my guess!

although I buy a "grouper" which has all 5 games and a freebie which can be a lotto,fan5,or mega

money ticket all for 5 bucks...and last year around this time I hit 5 of 6 on the free lotto ticket which paid 5,432.00 

I will try your system in florida saturday for the fan5 and lotto and post the numbers so you can see what the results are.

good luck

Wow ! The most you can get here for 5 of 6 on either of the two offered Pick 6 games is $500.00 !

FL is a generous state !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        missouri
        United States
        Member #34763
        March 7, 2006
        756 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2006, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I'm putting this here as it applies to Pick 5, 6, and jackpot games, and it's not exactly a system and not exactly mystical.

I'm just wondering if you played 1 2 3 4 5 (Pick 5) or 1 2 3 4 5 6 (Pick 6) on a play slip and the played a Quick Pick immediately after that combo on the same playslip if it would kind of "psych out" the lotto terminal computer, act like a key to a winning combination, maybe 4 hits or or better.

Sounds interesting. I'm going to try it out tommorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I'm also thinking if not 1 2 3 4 5, is there some kind of number sequence that would "unlock" a lottery terminal to spit out a winner?

Look at computers at 1024, lok at nature and Fibonacci series (the rings on a pineapple for instance), Pi, etc....

Who knows?

Probably fun to "hunt for" though!

Good Luck all!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2006, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Exactly how do you suppose the lottery terminal would spit out the winning numbers before they've been drawn, except by pure chance (which is exactly what happens about 70% of the time a jackpot is won, since 70% of winning tickets are QP's)? As far as blowing $2, you really don't have much to lose. If 12345(6) should happen to come up you'll be sharing the jackpot (and the smaller prizes might be reduced by a pari-mutuel payout), but you'll be getting far more than if you hadn't played those numbers.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10354 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2006, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Ky Floyd

The 1 2 3 4 5 ticket is a "sacrifice bunt", just maybe putting that combo in a lottery terminal "opens a door", or is a kind of key to the terminal "spitting" out a ticket that becomes a winning ticket.

Kind of like throwing away a good hand on a video poker machine intentionally to make the machines "loosen up". A lot of people do that and it seems to work pretty often.  

I did it today with Illinois Little Lotto and Loto

Little Lotto  

1   2   3   4   5  gave me

11   15   17   34   38  QP

DRAW

4   10  28  35  37

(so the only hit was 4 on the "Sacrifice bunt" line)

Lotto

2   4   6   8   10   12   gave me

6   26   36   43   48   49  QP

DRAW:

1   4   5   21   31   45  

If I would have used 1 2 3 4 5 6 it would have been 3 hits, better than what I usually do, but those hits would have been on the "sacrifice bunt" line.  

Lep

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2006, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I forgot to mention...the guy in the store noticed the 2 4 6 8 10 12 when the ticket printed and said the numbers. I told him I was trying to psych out the computer and he sais, "Huh, what?"

Lep

dumars798's avatar - batman17
                  Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #28656
                  December 20, 2005
                  5675 Posts
                  Posted: December 17, 2006, 6:46 am - IP Logged

Thinking ...wow never thought about

playing it like that.Thanxs!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                    Member #4416
                    April 22, 2004
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2006, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Just as a matter of curiosity, I've played around with this sort of thing in the past to see if I could seed the lottery terminal QP generator. I never could discern any definitive correlation except that the QPs I got often contained one or two of the same numbers that I tried to seed with.

Since the drawings and lottery terminal QPs are separately and independently determined, it's probably not very realistic to think that the terminal can be tricked into spitting out winning combinations. On the other hand, in a state where computerized drawings are used, it might be worth a shot to try this method if you think there's some sort of interface going on between the lottery terminals and the computer that generates the draw numbers. I can think of one state using computer drawings that people on this board have repeatedly accused of not being totally on the up and up. This might be worth a shot there. 

Under ordinary circumstances, I'd say a simpler and more direct approach would be to just play the numbers that you think might make up the winning combination. You can guess just as well as any lottery terminal... maybe even better.

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                      missouri
                      United States
                      Member #34763
                      March 7, 2006
                      756 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2006, 9:51 am - IP Logged

dang it! I forgot to try this last night. lol Hopefully I'll remember to do it this wednesday.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: December 17, 2006, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss,

If nothing else, it sure is a unique approach.    Big Grin Santa

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10354 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Rick G....

Remembering people saying that about video poker machines, tossing out a good hand to "loosen the machine" triggered the idea, I thought, why not! 

(Thus far I can't even pick my nose, let alone a winner, so......) 

Green laugh

Wait no longer!

- Linda Kollmeyer 

Lep

dartiger's avatar - teddy simple.png
                            Elkins Park PA
                            United States
                            Member #942
                            December 22, 2002
                            1441 Posts
                            Posted: December 17, 2006, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I have been wondering about that too, especially how honest, the system is and does it track people's numbers.

sometimes I will buy a quick pick to see what it is running, and since I lay tickets around I have notice that some of them will appear later this applies to  jackpots games 5 and 6, as well as the pick 3 and 4

But I apply this happening to energy.  If everything is energy why not numbers.  That is why I believe so many carry through the states.  and why some are seasonal.  This is the season for the 1234 and way  123,  1234 usually falls in Dec.

but since I believe all is energy and energy follows thought I still believe if the post players concentrate let say for example  one state, one game (pick 3 nite) they would all come up with the same number.  Everything is one.  The only other factor is the drawing itself, I do believe some states alter what shows depending on the amount bet.  They can't cut off every number, but I believe they do cut them off when the bets are too high, and let another draw play. 

United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10354 Posts
                              Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Ok, I'm going to tune this up a little, the 1 2 3 4 5 hasn't had any spectacular results, but how about taking the list of payouts from the previous draw, pick possible 5 /39 numbers out of them, and using them as the "bunt" (playing them along with a QP on the same playslip). 

For Little Lotto (Illinois) 12 -27 -06, they were:

WINNING NUMBERS: 02 - 05 - 16 - 21 - 32

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                              INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS: 0
                              EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE: $0.00

NUMBER OF SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS: 0

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 4 OF 5 NUMBERS: 131
                              EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE: $100.00

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 3 OF 5 NUMBERS: 4,118
                              EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE: $10.00

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 2 OF 5 NUMBERS: 47,067
                              EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE: $1.00

THE LITTLE LOTTO GRAND PRIZE FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2006 IS $470,000

So, one group could be 1 31  4  11  8  18  6  7

Pick five from that groups as the "bunt."

We all know 1 2 3 4 5 may never hit so this might be a better "bunt", maybe the bunt will hit! 

The Illinois 5 / 39 game starts at $100,000 and the progression is usually, $150,000, $175, 000, $25, 000 and then grows more erratically of the $225,000 isn't hit. so I'd say start this when it's over $225,000. 

Lep